IGNORED

Dunder army no longer

RedNachos

19 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

For those questioning the morals behind the use of a gambling company as shirt sponsorship are forgetting (or might be too young to remember) that back in the 80s, you couldn't move for tobacco sponsorship at Ashton Gate.

Until it's banned and until a more ethical sponsor paying the same money is ready to step in to fill the void, it is what it is.

I was trying to think of an ethical big business or company. Hard to think of any, unless it’s a nonprofit organisation, but then I’d rather their money went to their cause. The club would be paying them. 

• Admin

Talksport are running a few different Mansion Bet adverts currently, all with a guy with a Bristolian accent, he mentions Bristol City in them all.

One he mentions there's only one team in Bristol 

One he's talking about roulette and says you should always support red

Another he goes on about City being a proper job 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Talksport are running a few different Mansion Bet adverts currently, all with a guy with a Bristolian accent, he mentions Bristol City in them all.

Also on kiss radio 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I’ve heard them to and wondered if they were run nationally or regionally. Even with a National radio station such as Talksport,  adverts can be pinned to the area/region.

8 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

I’ve heard them to and wondered if they were run nationally or regionally. Even with a National radio station such as Talksport,  adverts can be pinned to the area/region.

I'll let you know if I hear it from these parts ?

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Ive heard it on kiss. I personally don’t think the geezers accent is an authentic Bristolian accent mind - sounds like an actor putting it on which is rather cringe.

Goodbye Dunder.

Hello Mansion.

Same problem, though: they are both online betting companies.

Betting. The problem that hits so many families.

It means that I've saved over £200 because I won't advertise gambling.

I just love my BTC and DAS and RSG shirts, though!

• Admin
17 hours ago, m42 said:

Goodbye Dunder.

Hello Mansion.

Same problem, though: they are both online betting companies.

Betting. The problem that hits so many families.

It means that I've saved over £200 because I won't advertise gambling.

I just love my BTC and DAS and RSG shirts, though!

I'm intrigued how much money you spent at BTC, DAS and RSG?

Proabably the same amount that I have spent at Dunder

Interesting that you don't reference Thatchers being on shirts

• The title was changed to Dunder army no longer
  • Admin
1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Is  this sponsor willing to support the local society? If so are they willing to tell what activities they are involved in?   

Am I missing something here, why would a shirt sponsor of a football club have to "support the local society"?

EjzzZGDWkAIrTS6?format=jpg&name=large

I am intrigued why the Bears and Flyers are mentioned on this poster when neither of those sides are currently sponsored by Mansion Bet?

19 hours ago, Red7 said:

Mansion Bet has just alienated a couple of thousand (at the very most - includes those who are always 'locked out') Bristolians with its advertising. 

I'd say a dozen or so - probably the same as the Sainsbury "protest."

But Mansion have probably had that advert seen by thousands that wouldn't have known about it - job done.

Hi,

I heard from some Gashead mates, that they are getting uppity about a Mansion Bet advertisement on the bus stop by the Wellington.

This sign has the quote 'There's Only One Team In Bristol'

Any reason why our sponsors are tribalising the game or do you think Bristol City has an influence on the advertising, which I indeed doubt,

Also, would we be offended if a Bristol Rovers sponsors advert saying the same thing within 200 yards of the ground?

40 minutes ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Hi,

I heard from some Gashead mates, that they are getting uppity about a Mansion Bet advertisement on the bus stop by the Wellington.

This sign has the quote 'There's Only One Team In Bristol'

Any reason why our sponsors are tribalising the game or do you think Bristol City has an influence on the advertising, which I indeed doubt,

Also, would we be offended if a Bristol Rovers sponsors advert saying the same thing within 200 yards of the ground?

It's the usual advertising strategy of make the biggest bang for your buck.

By putting it there it had gasheads photographing it and putting it on their forum and the BEP running a story on it.

Job done.

It's no different to:

C_71_article_1132365_image_list_image_li

Archived