IGNORED

Dunder army no longer

RedNachos

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Why would some people on this thread not want a sponsor?

It's money for the club which is impacted at the moment. No shirt sponsor = reduced income!?!? Baffles me. 

Far too difficult for some on here to understand!

?

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This thread just appears to be people posting the names of random companies.

On that basis....

McCoys Crisps

Sainsbury's Free Range Eggs

Joe's Bakery

Ribena.

(This might just be what I used for lunch today).

Ribena! Invented in Long Ashton. Still made in the West Country. That might be a shout.

Might have to change the purple and lime kit to just purple though...

• Admin
3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Would very much like to see us buck the trend of the betting bandwagon in favour of something local. 

On the basis that it is very close to becoming a discussion in parliament to ban betting companies from shirt sponsors I would be VERY surprised if we didn't move away from this line of sponsor

I can't believe that we are in the middle of August with no shirt sponsor

You have to assume that the original contract was signed to end at the end of last season (obviously extended) so am amazed that we have nobody in place to walk straight into the sponsorship

Unless Dunder have suddenly gone under or renaged ona payment, something seems odd about this 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's not a standard time though, lots of financial issues, I'd question any company taking up a sponsorship right now. Will it pay off? 

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

On the basis that it is very close to becoming a discussion in parliament to ban betting companies from shirt sponsors I would be VERY surprised if we didn't move away from this line of sponsor

You have to assume that the original contract was signed to end at the end of last season (obviously extended) so am amazed that we have nobody in place to walk straight into the sponsorship

Unless Dunder have suddenly gone under or renaged ona payment, something seems odd about this 

Something to do with some sort of virus going round - having a financial effect apparently.

I’d love it if we featured ‘Children’s Hospice South West’ on our shirts without charging them a penny, instead giving them a sizeable donation ... Aston Villa did this a few years back with a charity local to them. Great PR for the club and, more importantly, it raises awareness of a great cause which a lot of our players (past and present) have supported in many great ways ...

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Can I just point out that last Friday there were drones at AG, which were to film the kit launch.

On the basis we’ve filmed the kit launch, then isn’t it the case that the sponsor is already decided.

Or is that far too logical?

No, news just playing catch-up because they weren’t aware.  And because they don’t know the new sponsor (or have been asked to keep it quiet) they are suggesting talks ongoing.

It'll be a done deal.

3 hours ago, Prinny said:

So I assume that's not allowed for that reason. If that was possible there'd be no reason for clubs to sell their stadiums to themselves etc when the owner could simply buy one advertising board for £30 million or whatever.

I'm guessing that we didn't take revenue for the Centreline advert, and that it was probably there because we couldn't sell all of our advertising space due to lack of interest because Covid etc.

It is allowed, but it will be judged on “fair value” for FFP.

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Hargreaves lansdown?

im not sure a high end brand would want their name on bristol city shirts though.

I do wonder if this might be case.

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Top to Bottom (The one stop curtain shop)

Hi, I am Brian Steel from Half Price Suites (although I thought it was sweets initially).

3 hours ago, jj77 said:

Um.............Etihad Airways?

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It's allowed as long as it's not done at an inflated price.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is allowed, but it will be judged on “fair value” for FFP.

Ty for the clarification on that. I was sure that there was a check on making sure it wasn't a way to actually increase revenue. As in owners can pay market rate for the advertising room but no more.

Archived