IGNORED

Dunder army no longer

RedNachos

1 hour ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Also, would we be offended if a Bristol Rovers sponsors advert saying the same thing within 200 yards of the ground?

Not in the slightest. I'd probably piss myself laughing at it and within about an hour of it being seen, it would almost certainly be helpfully redesigned anyway. 

40 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think that particular ship has sailed...don’t you?

Tribalism in football is natural, we support our team through thick and thin and not jump support to a club that is happening to do well (Liverpool this year, Man City previously)

I know that my Rovers mates are quick to complain (small club mentality?)

Told them I'd get them supporters club memberships, as they are more interested in our results than their own (I.e Happy Days). ?

Apparently Rovers fans has sent complaints to the council, claiming that advertisement is goading their supporters.

Also told them Rovers are pretty irrelevant to Bristol City fans as we have not been rivals for 20 years.

4 hours ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Apparently Rovers fans has sent complaints to the council, claiming that advertisement is goading their supporters.

Also told them Rovers are pretty irrelevant to Bristol City fans as we have not been rivals for 20 years.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they had sent complaints. Their fans are the whiniest bunch of bitches in the entire Football League.

Certainly in terms of meaningful rivalry on the pitch they’re pretty irrelevant. This thread however is proof that they are still useful for something, even if it is only giving us someone to laugh at on a regular basis.

Another issue for the Barcelona of League 1 is that in fumes gone by, a sponsor would often mirror some sort of deal between the two clubs. Dry Blackthorn for example sponsored our shirts and also had a deal at the Blu Camp as well to avoid losing revenue. 

Clearly their fan base is now deemed tiny enough that an accounting department has looked at the cost of lost revenue from upsetting the blue few against the money to be made from making them cry into their bitter shandy's in the Wellington and gone "definitely worth it" 

Truly OTIB. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Clearly their fan base is now deemed tiny enough that an accounting department has looked at the cost of lost revenue

They're not tiny and of late I'm seeing many more of them around town. Fact is their discerning palates moved on from Blackthorn ages ago, they now prefer Frosty Jack's or Ace - at least that what the blokes in the pub told me. When I say pub, they were actually squatting in the doorway avoiding the rain.

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

They're not tiny and of late I'm seeing many more of them around town. Fact is their discerning palates moved on from Blackthorn ages ago, they now prefer Frosty Jack's or Ace - at least that what the blokes in the pub told me. When I say pub, they were actually squatting in the doorway avoiding the rain.

Avoiding the rain! It’s the only time they have anything resembling a wash.

Archived