IGNORED

Non league is brilliant!

Fordy62

3 hours ago, man in the middle said:

Watched a couple of Bristol Manor farm games since the season has started again, as said good standard of football and nice community club. Also drink Cider whilst watching the game. I too love non league football and will continue to watch it after everything goes back to normal 

Same goes for me, I fell out of love with  football When the lockdowns began but watching the lower league games and actually being treated as a fan not a customer has re-ignited my love of the game. I shall also continue to watch long after all this settles down.

as the bootlegger often says “real people real football”.

13 hours ago, PolskRed said:

I went to Wingate & Finchley many times, used to live in Granville Place!! Was there many there? Used to get really small crowds?

There was 250 there. Think this is the highest standard they’ve played at, and they didn’t seem to have too much of a vocal backing. 

They were a bit soft all over and deservedly well beaten in the end.

2 hours ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Same goes for me, I fell out of love with  football When the lockdowns began but watching the lower league games and actually being treated as a fan not a customer has re-ignited my love of the game. I shall also continue to watch long after all this settles down.

as the bootlegger often says “real people real football”.

I’d encourage anyone to do the same. Can’t beat live football with Cider and you also feel valued as a paying spectator. 

If any gets down the creek , look out for Tony the Scarecrow. This guy has a   Love for his club that is undeniable. Takes money on the turnstiles then pops up behind the goal winding up the opponents goalie with some choice Bristol slang, bangs the farmy army drum and basically absolutely loves his club. I have total respect for him and admire everything he stands for.

I do go and watch my local non league team, Torquay United which I enjoy but I do get mixed emotions.

The manager is very recognisable and my best memories of the ground are from being in the away end with City

Perhaps I should go for a team a bit more non league, Buckland Athletic have a decent set up.

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I do go and watch my local non league team, Torquay United which I enjoy but I do get mixed emotions.

The manager is very recognisable and my best memories of the ground are from being in the away end with City

Perhaps I should go for a team a bit more non league, Buckland Athletic have a decent set up.

Are Newton Abbot Spurs still going? I always used to look out for their results in the Indy for some reason.

On 10/10/2020 at 13:09, Fordy62 said:

I’m off very shortly to watch Bromsgrove Sporting versus Rushden & Diamonds in the 7th tier.

Mixing with away fans, fair decent level of footy and having a pint while watching all makes for a brilliant game. 

Any of you regular non league attendees? If you haven’t tried, I’d wholly recommend. 

Is that where Rushden & Diamonds are these days? Recall going to their place (Irthlingborough I recall,) when City played there (our only visit I think.)

Lad and I doing Cray Valley Paper Mills in the cup on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Are Newton Abbot Spurs still going? I always used to look out for their results in the Indy for some reason.

Yes they are, I know a couple guys who play for them so they're also on my list. They're doing ok i think, played in this seasons FA cup qualifying rounds

5 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I habe seen Buckland play at my local club Bridgwater this season , Buckland played some very good football , they had a very exciting young winger who looked like he could play at a higher level, on the night Bridge had to many old heads on the pitch who knew all the tricks and got the win , it's was very enjoyable to watch, 

8 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I habe seen Buckland play at my local club Bridgwater this season , Buckland played some very good football , they had a very exciting young winger who looked like he could play at a higher level, on the night Bridge had to many old heads on the pitch who knew all the tricks and got the win , it's was very enjoyable to watch, 

Good stuff, they've got a nice little set up on the edge of Newton Abbot, I've enjoyed a few games there, must get back there soon.

Both my lads play for local teams, under 10's and 8s 

Thats great to watch. The passion and love of the game is amazing. Makes you smile to see them enjoying it so much. They wake up extra early on match day, kit on four hours before kick off ....

It's allowed me to get my football fix and enjoy some special moments alongside the other parents 

3 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I recall murray scoring with the last kick of the game at kingstonian? i think.

I went to a few non leauge grounds in the cup in that era, so it might be elsewhere?

Carl shutt came back as a manager, with a non leauge team too in that era.

No oll.... Think you mean thorpe in the home game...... Murray scored much earlier i think in the replay

12 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

We won one replay, at a non leauge ground, and murray scored in injury time.

Cant think who that is?

Yeah, Kingstonian. Interesting to note a very good crowd of 14,787.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Kingstonian/

The replay was on the TV, I recall.

On 10/10/2020 at 13:09, Fordy62 said:

I’m off very shortly to watch Bromsgrove Sporting versus Rushden & Diamonds in the 7th tier.

Mixing with away fans, fair decent level of footy and having a pint while watching all makes for a brilliant game. 

Any of you regular non league attendees? If you haven’t tried, I’d wholly recommend. 

Heading to my seventh non-league game of the season tomorrow night. Big FA Cup game between Bristol Manor Farm and Cray Wanderers! Six of us heading down. 

6 hours ago, Clevedon_Red said:

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Kingstonian/

I was there. Having an endured an interminable bus journey into the arse-end of south-west London....

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Heading to my seventh non-league game of the season tomorrow night. Big FA Cup game between Bristol Manor Farm and Cray Wanderers! Six of us heading down. 

I will also be there with my nephew. 3rd visit  there this season. Looking forward to it, a few ciders under the lights at the creek , will be a very tough game as Cray are flying this season. 

8 hours ago, Clevedon_Red said:

The ground only holds about 3,500.  Wimbledon still play there.   City only had a small allocation for the replay (<1000) but I got my tickets direct from Kingstonian  as a West London resident - when we scored  it appeared as if at least a third of the Home end / side had done the same and were also City fans.  

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

3 hours ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

I will also be there with my nephew. 3rd visit  there this season. Looking forward to it, a few ciders under the lights at the creek , will be a very tough game as Cray are flying this season. 

What tier are they in? I’m impressed at the quality of the football in the 7th tier. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

What tier are they in? I’m impressed at the quality of the football in the 7th tier. 

I've watched tiers 7-10 and even at 10 most teams try to get the ball down and play football, and pass it out from the back.

Cray are tier 7 and Manor Farm tier 8. 

Tier 7 is only one level below the National League north/south so no surprise it's a pretty good standard. 

This is going to be one of Farm's biggest ever attendances. 

Only 3 games where I know they've had a bigger crowd, one was the friendly against City, one was the FA Cup against Slough and the other was the year they won the Western League- for the final game of the season, same day City beat Brighton, lots down there saw the game and stayed after to watch City in the clubhouse.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

This is going to be one of Farm's biggest ever attendances. 

Only 3 games where I know they've had a bigger crowd, one was the friendly against City, one was the FA Cup against Slough and the other was the year they won the Western League final game of the season, same day City beat Brighton, lots down there saw the game and stayed after to watch City in the clubhouse.

Sounds like Cray are bringing a few too

Archived