IGNORED

Non league is brilliant!

Fordy62

14 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Personal goal of mine to attend more non-league games.

Watched Welton Rovers beat Elburton Villa 1-0 in the FA Vase on Saturday. Planning on watching Portishead away to Hengrove Athletic this evening!

You would have seen two decent strikes and a late own goal to seal it for the Grove.

Farm were unfortunate last night, Cray bossed first 20 and went 2-0 up but Farm came storming back . Cray fans stood next to me said farm were unlucky to be 3-1 down at half time as could have been 5-3 up. 
great atmosphere, great game of football With Farms number 9 and Marcus Day terrorising the Cray defence for much of second half.

as for the panenka, I am not sure what goes through people’s mind in that situation, it wasn’t even on target 

full marks again to Tony the scarecrow, on top  form again.

First game down the Creek, and what a game! 6 goals, penalties, a skied panenka, two red cards, a player going to hospital, and a pitch invasion from Tony the Scarecrow.

Funny game football -  our group thought Farm's no.9 was useless at half time, then in the second half he was unplayable (I bet Cray's back two won't want to play him again anytime soon). Farm's no.7 was also very handy, all the looks of a kid who could/should be making it as a pro, but like so many others, ends up in non-league.

Will definately be going down again soon. Farmy Army!

Live in Taunton and have always watched a few games. Been to three so far this season .Taunton scoring 13 goals. Crowds of 5-600. Beat Truro 4-2 last night in a cracking game. Looking forward to the FA cup draw tomorrow and hope they  get a draw where spectators are allowed.

1 hour ago, underhanded said:

First game down the Creek, and what a game! 6 goals, penalties, a skied panenka, two red cards, a player going to hospital, and a pitch invasion from Tony the Scarecrow.

Funny game football -  our group thought Farm's no.9 was useless at half time, then in the second half he was unplayable (I bet Cray's back two won't want to play him again anytime soon). Farm's no.7 was also very handy, all the looks of a kid who could/should be making it as a pro, but like so many others, ends up in non-league.

Will definately be going down again soon. Farmy Army!

Farms number 7 was Marcus Day, released by City in the summer. Very good signing for the Farm.

8 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Farms number 7 was Marcus Day, released by City in the summer. Very good signing for the Farm.

9 was Lucas Vowles, 20 years old.

Actually thought he was ok first half, looked dangerous each time he had the ball and held up play well when he needed to.

Shame he didnt score after he rounded the goalkeeper.

Superb second half from him.

Spoke to a few people after the game who said Farm had a stonewall penalty not given at 3-3, when a player was taken out in the area- didn't have a great view of it myself because the goalkeeper blocked my view.

25 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Actually thought he was ok first half, looked dangerous each time he had the ball and held up play well when he needed to.

Spoke to a few people after the game who said Farm had a stonewall penalty not given at 3-3, when a player was taken out in the area- didn't have a great view of it myself because the goalkeeper blocked my view.

Yes thought he was odds on to score when he had done the hard work by rounding keeper , also we thought it was a stonewall penalty aswell . 

initial report from Cray fans next to us was that their player collapsing At half time was due to being hit by something thrown from the crowd. 5 mins later someone from their staff came across and said it was an allergic reaction to something and he was off to hospital. They never retracted the thrown from crowd statement which kind of peed me off. 
still they were very quiet second half as Farm outplayed them

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Went on trial at Grimsby. Nothing came of it. Started season at Paulton in same league as Manor Farm, but moved three weeks into the season. Decent player at this level.

Got told last night he asked to join Farm as he had a friend who used to play there.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

From where we were it seemed like an obvious pen. Got to say, the ref was shocking, had no grip of the game at all

Lad and I went to watch 'El Millario' aka Cray Valley Paper Mills beat Averley 2-0 last night (possibly setting up a clash with their local rivals Cray Wanderers.) Very decent standard of football, loads of slick pass and move and great entertainment despite the awful weather. 

Got me thinking how much more pleasant watching games like this are than following City.

The fans in attendance were vastly knowledgeable, amenable, there to support and enjoy football, well humoured, full of banter, wholly compliant and supportive of the present Covid restrictions and a great crowd to be amongst. Given many Cray Valley PM supporters are Millwall and most of Averley Hammers Season Ticket holders, that's saying something. Loads of drink on offer, including throughout the game, yet not one inebriated idiot in sight.

Despite torrential rain the pitch was like a bowling green and far better than most League surfaces you'll encounter (and purely grass to boot.)

Officiating was excellent and fascinating to hear up close how the officials quelled any potential for on-pitch aggro - given the prize money on offer and the proximity of reaching the FA Cup first round proper the players weren't holding anything back. 

To see folks giving of their time and effort in running their local club for the love of it, truly inspirational.

If Covid requires football to return to its roots and should the Premier premadonnas go bust, there is still hope for the future.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Think it was 2-3 at the time of the penalty shout. Equaliser came about 5 minutes after.

On 13/10/2020 at 08:03, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Went there earlier in season to watch them play Cinderford in the FA Cup qualifiying rounds. As you say it’s a very picturesque ground , Sun was out and we had a merry old time watching the game from the patio by the Clubhouse. 

Picturesque is a much better word for it.

Gorgeous is a bit of a word word for it.

Oh dear, allegations against Manor Farm that they didn't report a number of positive covid cases at the club, going back to the cup game against Cray.

Bideford turned up today and refused to play. 

Allegation is as many as 10 cases. Means those of us at that game could have been at risk...

More to come on this one I expect.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh dear, allegations against Manor Farm that they didn't report a number of positive covid cases at the club, going back to the cup game against Cray.

Bideford turned up today and refused to play. 

Allegation is as many as 10 cases. Means those of us at that game could have been at risk...

More to come on this one I expect.

Shocking behaviour if it turns out to true.

I was at that game against Cray and if true then it’s well out of order. 
I saw on twitter that they had the whole clubhouse and changing rooms disinfected with some hospital grade cleaning machine last week but just thought it was just a precaution for the future. Also they have shut the club until Friday which may tell a tale

really really hope they have not tried to cover it up

Went watched Bridgwater beat Chipping Sodbury 5-0 on Saturday, one of the more fun games I have seen in some time, the weather made things tricky for both sides, but Bridgy played the better football , it got a bit firey in the 2nd half and the Sods had 2 sent off, lots of good stuff going on, I deffenalty think even once I can get back to the gate i will still go watch non league I like how relaxed watching is at that level,

1 hour ago, winsaw said:

Went watched Bridgwater beat Chipping Sodbury 5-0 on Saturday, one of the more fun games I have seen in some time, the weather made things tricky for both sides, but Bridgy played the better football , it got a bit firey in the 2nd half and the Sods had 2 sent off, lots of good stuff going on, I deffenalty think even once I can get back to the gate i will still go watch non league I like how relaxed watching is at that level,

It’s also relaxed because we don’t really care what the result is, let’s be honest. It’s nice to watch football where your day isn’t ruined if ‘we’ lose. 

Went to watch Yate this weekend. Haven't been to Lodge Road for donkeys, but was pleasantly surprised at the set-up. Pity the team is not so encouraging - beaten 2-6 by a very good Poole team. They happened to have a few extra away fans that included a drummer, whom I believe would otherwise be at Pompey. Attendance was 237.

Archived