IGNORED

Salford - Graham Alexander

Silvio Dante

22 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Scholes has installed himself as manager

Caretaker only, and only that because Warren Joyce, their actual preference, is isolating due to Covid. Scholes isn't a candidate for the permanent job. Reason given was apparently style of play, so fair enough then. 

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Ridiculous. What are they seriously expecting at League 2 level?

Good football it seems 

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The same Paul Scholes who left his dream job at Oldham after one month?

When you have the owner constantly in charging room and trying to pick the team why would you stay?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He certainly used to until Cotterill told him to “eff off out of my dressing room”!  No idea whether he did with LJ though.

Really? I'd refuse to believe this if anyone else said it. I know it's been mentioned several times but generally assumed it was nonsense

Didn't the JPT (or whatever it's called) final get postponed last season with the final between Portsmouth and Salford still needing to be settled?

So what happens here. Does the old manager take the game with last seasons players, or does Scholes get to do the honours with a squad that never got them there... Confusing.

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Really? I'd refuse to believe this if anyone else said it. I know it's been mentioned several times but generally assumed it was nonsense

I believe the source is a Mr SJ Cotterill, so you can decide yourself if it happened in exactly the way he retells it.

I'd love to ask Lansdown if 'twas so.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't the JPT (or whatever it's called) final get postponed last season with the final between Portsmouth and Salford still needing to be settled?

So what happens here. Does the old manager take the game with last seasons players, or does Scholes get to do the honours with a squad that never got them there... Confusing.

The latter. The former would be unworkable 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Unbeaten start to the season and sitting in fifth in L2 (albeit favourites and conceded 2 late vs Tranmere).

Just been sacked.

Mental.

It is just a vanity project by a load of former Man U players, isn’t it?

Warren Joyce is in their little gang, so he was always going to get the job.

I must admit Salford are pretty high up on the list of utterly pointless clubs, no real support, yet paying players incredible sums in League Two just so this lot can own a league club.

When you consider that Gary & Phil Neville are from Bury you would have thought they might have saved them instead rather than get another futile North West club into the league.

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I’m sure I remember LJ quoted about SL being in the changing room after a defeat. I can’t place it more precisely and hope that it’s not happening now. 
I've noticed MA around DH in pictures/footage around the pitch but at least MA is directly involved in the football side of things and far more of a “football man”. 

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

The same Paul Scholes who left his dream job at Oldham after one month?

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Good football it seems 

When you have the owner constantly in charging room and trying to pick the team why would you stay?

Beat me to it. 

A lot of interference from the powers above, as well as internal politics, so Scholes decided to leave.

Not quite as cut and dry as deciding to leave his "dream job".

Archived