IGNORED

Salford - Graham Alexander

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

I’m sure I remember LJ quoted about SL being in the changing room after a defeat. I can’t place it more precisely and hope that it’s not happening now. 
I've noticed MA around DH in pictures/footage around the pitch but at least MA is directly involved in the football side of things and far more of a “football man”. 

Not at all this league season!

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

I’m sure I remember LJ quoted about SL being in the changing room after a defeat. I can’t place it more precisely and hope that it’s not happening now. 
I've noticed MA around DH in pictures/footage around the pitch but at least MA is directly involved in the football side of things and far more of a “football man”. 

SL owns the club and pays the wages so can go wherever he likes IMO. As long as he let's the Head Coach do his job then what's the problem ?

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He certainly used to until Cotterill told him to “eff off out of my dressing room”!  No idea whether he did with LJ though.

And your 100% bone fide source  of this "certain" fact is....???

And if it was indeed SC as @Red-Robbosays then , bloody hell, Mr Lansdown should do it more often because he picked the team that won the double and gave me one of the best seasons I have ever had.

Is there no end to his talents? He bought the Club, renovated the stadium, selected the Manager, bought the players after choosing them then picked the team and won the Division and then the Cup.

The only reason he's got a private jet is so he doesn't have to get changed in a flipping telephone box.

56 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And if it was indeed SC as @Red-Robbosays then , bloody hell, Mr Lansdown should do it more often because he picked the team that won the double and gave me one of the best seasons I have ever had.

Is there no end to his talents? He bought the Club, renovated the stadium, selected the Manager, bought the players after choosing them then picked the team and won the Division and then the Cup.

The only reason he's got a private jet is so he doesn't have to get changed in a flipping telephone box.

Only repeating what someone told me that a former City manager told him.  The former manager told him he had experienced SL coming into the dressing room during his reign and that Cotts has stopped it when SL did it to him.  So what if I posted using the word “certainly”?

I think Red-Robbo is also suggesting it is true and therefore you crediting SL for 14/15 when he was stopped from entering the dressing room in 13/14 ruins your little claim.  Sorry!

???

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Only repeating what someone told me that a former City manager told him.  The former manager told him he had experienced SL coming into the dressing room during his reign and that Cotts has stopped it when SL did it to him.  So what if I posted using the word “certainly”?

I think Red-Robbo is also suggesting it is true and therefore you crediting SL for 14/15 when he was stopped from entering the dressing room in 13/14 ruins your little claim.  Sorry!

???

Dave- it's all ultimately "say so". I take it all with a bag of salt although SL may well wear his underpants on the outside- but that's just me  joining you in speculating.

13 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sacked for his style of play, but they are second top scorers in the division 

13 hours ago, 2015 said:

Ridiculous. What are they seriously expecting at League 2 level?

These comments remind of what other fans were saying about us when we sacked LJ. 

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

LJ had years at championship level and was regressing. We certainly didn't sack him while unbeaten in the league did we?

But others would see little Bristol City progressing 4 years out of 5, plus saying year 5 we were still in for a shout of the play offs. I had a lot of non-City friends who were shocked thinking he was doing a good job here.

14 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes, but apart from buying the club, renovating the stadium, building a new training ground, selecting the managers, choosing and buying the players, selecting the team, winning league 1 and the JPT cup, gaining promotion and becoming an established championship club and covering losses of £20m per season, just what has Steve Lansdown ever done for us? ?  

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Yes, but apart from buying the club, renovating the stadium, building a new training ground, selecting the managers, choosing and buying the players, selecting the team, winning league 1 and the JPT cup, gaining promotion and becoming an established championship club and covering losses of £20m per season, just what has Steve Lansdown ever done for us? ?  

Not being a Roman 

21 hours ago, Redstart said:

My least favourite footie pundit, talks utter bull crap most of the time. Best listened to with the button on mute.

Correct. He needs to rein his neck in. His own (sole) managerial record, with Valencia, is totally horrific.

I  miss Andy Grey. He was top-notch in the pundit chair alongside Martin Tyler. Shame he was a bit of a dinosaur too and got himself sacked.

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

No that's Mike Joyce.

And before you ask, he didn't write Ulysses either...

1 hour ago, Big C said:

But did appear in George and Mildred ?

...alongside Sheree Murphy. :) 

10 hours ago, downendcity said:

Aquaducts?

9 hours ago, downendcity said:

He’s not built us an aqueuct yet.

Lansdown out!

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Aquaducts?

We both got the spelling wrong! :) 

Archived