IGNORED

Press Conferences - Dean Holden and Chris Martin

Prinny

Holden says one extra player available for the squad that wasn't before, smiles when asked if it's Williams. Liam Walsh is "a big part of the way we want to play" - "those talks are going well from what I've been told" on a new contract.

On Joe Morrell - "There been interest" "As I said before we're looking to trim down the squad before the deadline on friday, there's interest in two or three of our players" To me that reads as goodbye Joe!

"We don't need to bring anyone in"

A+ professional interview from Chris Martin.

focused on what they can control, analysing areas he can improve and the team can improve. not paying attention to others, not complacent. Exactly what I want to hear.

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Martin speaks ever so well.  Think it was after the Northampton game where he interviewed like he was the manager!

I think he shows the merit of having a few experienced older players in the first team. I bet Brunt is useful to have around too. 

The Lee Johnson era was the only time I can remember where we didn't actively recruit a couple of experienced heads for the first team. Under Cotterill and Gary Johnson we made sure to do that and reaped the benefits. (I've blocked the McInnes/Millen days out so can't remember whether we did back then!)

2 hours ago, mozo said:

So it sounds like Morrell and Palmer are heading out. Who's the third? Nagy?

I think Nagy is unlikely now the international window has shut. I'd be surprised if he gets a domestic loan.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think Nagy is unlikely now the international window has shut. I'd be surprised if he gets a domestic loan.

What would your guess be re the 3rd? Holden would typically understate things so to reference 2 or 3 for me means 3 definite outbound.

We've about 30 hours to go...

1 minute ago, mozo said:

What would your guess be re the 3rd? Holden would typically understate things so to reference 2 or 3 for me means 3 definite outbound.

We've about 30 hours to go...

Hmm..

Potentially O'Dowda (unlikely now given the situation perhaps) off the top of my head I can't see many logical choices. 

16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Walsh 

I think Holden says above that Walsh is central to how we play and that the contract is going well, but it would make sense that he has suitors which is why getting his signature is taking longer than we anticipated. If Holden's comments are a public message that we don't want to sell, in order to pressure the interested party to up their offer then that would also make sense...

Selling Morrell and Walsh feels a bit controversial.

On 15/10/2020 at 10:13, mozo said:

I think Holden says above that Walsh is central to how we play and that the contract is going well, but it would make sense that he has suitors which is why getting his signature is taking longer than we anticipated. If Holden's comments are a public message that we don't want to sell, in order to pressure the interested party to up their offer then that would also make sense...

Selling Morrell and Walsh feels a bit controversial.

Anyone got an update on Walsh’s injury?  When did he last play - March?  That’s seven months then, which is three-quarters of a season, but I don’t remember it being described as a very serious injury at the time.

Archived