IGNORED

England v Denmark

Super

Just now, 2015 said:

The ref hasn't helped tonight. Right out of the Keith Stroud school of numptyness

Wants to be centre of attention.  It’s generally been good watching ref’s in the EFL since covid....tonight reminds me of his shite some of them are.

It’s a result that’s been coming, we are defensive whoever we play. Having said that, ref lost control and should have been 0-0. The penalty along with a whole pile of bad decisions.

Felt like watching a poor LJ team: results sometimes better than the performance. So many off their game today, and in form players not allowed.

Whether the Ref was crap or not, or a Penalty or not, England really poor again. Lucky result vs Belgium on Sunday. Southgate has serious problems, I have said over and over again.

Denmark are not great either by the way, would never have scored in 10 games against us without a penalty or set piece. 

We have looked poor for the last 7-8 games now

i can genuinely see us going back to our old ways in a major tournament next year and go out in the group stages or the 2nd round. It’s probably needed to be honest as that would obviously get Southgate the boot and i think that would be for the good of English football - bloke has taken us as far as he can.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

i can genuinely see us going back to our old ways in a major tournament next year and go out in the group stages or the 2nd round. It’s probably needed to be honest as that would obviously get Southgate the boot and i think that would be for the good of English football - bloke has taken us as far as he can.

Yep. Ok against the likes of Montenegro and Bulgaria but against any average opposition the guy has no clue. Been found out a while ago. 

11 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Yep. Ok against the likes of Montenegro and Bulgaria but against any average opposition the guy has no clue. Been found out a while ago. 

Indeed. The way the draw panned out in the WC in 2018 was so so fortunate for Southgate. A penalty shout out win in a WC was bound to happen at some point in the history of English football aswell and it just so happened it was flukey Southgate who was in charge to oversee it.

Time for a change - **** knows who. Seems we have gone down every route possible for an England manager in my lifetime. I suppose Eddie Howe is out of work but i still wouldn’t be convinced with him to be honest.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Indeed. The way the draw panned out in the WC in 2018 was so so fortunate for Southgate. A penalty shout out win in a WC was bound to happen at some point in the history of English football aswell and it just so happened it was flukey Southgate who was in charge to oversee it.

Time for a change - **** knows who. Seems we have gone down every route possible for an England manager in my lifetime. I suppose Eddie Howe is out of work but i still wouldn’t be convinced with him to be honest.

Job for Cotts ??

Southgate needs to (within reason) pick a group of players and a system and stick to it.  The amount of personnel changes each game and each break is massive.  Media clamour for x or y to be included is based on very short term form.  Southgate needs to have courage in his convictions of who he and his team think are the best.  Of course they will be the odd “trial” of a player outside the main group.

I think too many young players are fast-tracked to the main set-up, bypassing the invaluable learning of u21 international football.

I don’t think Southgate is a bad coach, but it feels a bit like an LJ bad spell at the mo’.

Archived