IGNORED

England v Denmark

Super

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

waiting , and desperate to be offended or make a pathetic  ‘racist’ allegation on the basis of .........

absolutely nothing

cringeworth

Yeah and I must dislike Rashford for simply making a tongue in cheek comment. To those offended, kiss my arse I say

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I ain't no fan of harry maguire, never have been but anyone else feel he ain't being looked after very well by club or country? I just think he should have been taken out of the firing line by both

Yeah, he looks shot to bits. I know that opinions vary on how good he is but he's nowhere near as bad as he's shown so far this season.

18 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Can't say I agree with either point, we are in good shape at the moment with a better crop of players than the golden generation to choose from. The issue is we don't have any top quality centre-backs to choose from currently other than that we are really well stocked in most positions and beat the no.1 ranked side in the world only a few days ago.

The golden generation were much better in my view. This squad has average centre backs and midfielders. 

In all seriousness, what do you realistically expect? 

The amount of whingeing on here is astounding. Denmark are clearly a decent side.  We've played 3 games in 7 days which necessitates rotating players. It's bound to be disjointed.  Harry Maguire has captained England and frankly deserves some kind of backing in spite of being out of form.  We don't have a creative central midfielder which necissitates playing in a way that keeps us solid whilst leaving enough attacking players on the pitch.

Just seems that people think any kind of hint of error justifies their self-righteous indignation.  It's pathetic really.

2 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

The golden generation were much better in my view. This squad has average centre backs and average midfielders. 

They weren't golden. A collection of egos led by a bluffer and achieved less than the current crop did with a fraction of the talent.

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Hmm. The lad hasn’t exactly had an easy summer - yes he is off form but don’t dustbin him - not fair.

on the game - that’s never a penalty. How Grealish isn’t playing is beyond me

I accept its each to their own but personally I've never rated Maguire who's yet another Phil Jones. At the highest level his defending isn't good enough to be a stopper centre back, and his passing isn't good enough to be a ball playing one. 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It amazes me when people say Kane is just a goalscorer. Even on an average day by his standards he works so hard with his back to goal, bringing others into play. Absolute world class. 

Shame about some of those around him. Mount been decent and James too. But left side been so poor.

I do not understand why Rashford is in? Grealish or Sancho are on the bench

He doesn’t move his marker around enough Jon.  At international level, against the better teams, marking him (until he gets in the box) is a cushy role.  Once he gets in and around the box it’s a different matter....I definitely can’t argue that point.

Im exaggerating, but against the good sides it feels like we are playing with 9 1/2 players sometimes.  And as a team, we have no real system to cope with that set-up.  Good teams know they can stifle us.  Not saying it’s his fault and he should’nt be picked, just that it doesn’t suit slow football.

I will accept that I don’t think we play a system that suits his undoubted abilities in the box.  We would be better playing a bit quicker / direct....but international football snobbery won’t allow this! ?

I still go back to a time when Hoddle was in charge and it had gone a bit sterile after the World Cup.  We played Czechoslovakia (as they were at time) and he changed to playing Dion Dublin and Ian Wright up top with a midfield 4 of Merson, Anderton, Beckham and Butt.  And we pinged Dublin every chance we got, with Wright feeding off of him, and 3 of the 4 MFs getting as close as possible.  It was a bit like Jack Charlton’s Ireland, but it was full of action.  I could see Kane loving that kind of set up, early ball to him or a strike partner, before opposition gets their two banks of four set.  Anyway, but of a ramble, but I think we could get more out of Harry in the right set up. ?

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I accept its each to their own but personally I've never rated Maguire who's yet another Phil Jones. At the highest level his defending isn't good enough to be a stopper centre back, and his passing isn't good enough to be a ball playing one. 

Agreed. Fair to say it was harsh of Southgate also to dustbin Foden and Greenwood completely too. Two of our most talented young players. He has his favourites.

15 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The penalty seems harsh but England put themselves in a position where the ref could give it. Dier's defending is an anagram of his surname and what is Pickford doing? He does push the Danish player, albeit only gently. 

Dier isn’t playing 

15 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The penalty seems harsh but England put themselves in a position where the ref could give it. Dier's defending is an anagram of his surname and what is Pickford doing? He does push the Danish player, albeit only gently. 

Bit harsh to blame Dier....

38 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He's so often poor for England. Well, United too actually.

Give him space and he's deadly but in games like this he doesn't do enough

People say Grealish should be in for Mount. Well how about Ashford

I think if you played Simpson with him he’d be solid.

Solid as a rock.

Maguire, in current form, should be nowhere near this side but it highlights how short England are for CB's.

To say the penalty was soft would be kind. However still glad no VAR.

England done OK considering the situation Maguire and the ref left them in - great save by Kasper. Denmark haven't lost away for 4 years?!

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think he is one of the best strikers in the world. 

His link up play, holding it up, ability to turn and run at players, passing a through ball with perfect weight or when deep smashing a perfect long pass to the flanks to feet with either foot.

Only thing he's not got is outstanding pace, but I think he's perfectly mobile and is quick enough to get onto balls. So decent enough pace.

I don't think it is helping having Rashford in the side who looks poor.

You sum it up nicely Jon....he’s really, really good when he has the ball.  But 95% of the game is without it.  Against the good sides he sees even less!

I don’t disagree about Rashford and him....they don’t look like a partnership to me.  I’ve seen Rashford play well when he was alongside Sterling (Kane injured)

Archived