IGNORED

Cocu’s out at Derby?

Silvio Dante

Frank Lampard didn't do a bad job for them so that must be their thought "well if Frank did a good job this ex player can do a good job" (although I do note Rooney doesn't have any coaching badges). 

Derby imo need to have a rethink about their next coach. They've tried the big name boss and it hasn't worked out so their going to a manager with no coaching badges. 

16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Over-rated club & an over-rated player. Marriage made in heaven/the tabloids 

Overrated player wow! He's englands record goalscorer ffs. Question his morals by all means but as a player he is one of the best ever we have produced!

• Admin
22 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Over-rated club & an over-rated player. Marriage made in heaven/the tabloids 

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Overrated player wow! He's englands record goalscorer ffs. Question his morals by all means but as a player he is one of the best ever we have produced!

Stats don't lie

Clearly England's top striker in the last decade

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-in-line-become-22848261

Well, this was never going to happen at all was it. (Cocu out and Rooney in at Derby). I wonder if managers pay counts towards FFP considerations.

Mind you. John Gregory. There’s a blast from the past.

Managers pay does count, as does coaching staff.  It’s only Lg1/2 where you split player-coach wages for FFP (under the pre-wage cap method).

I know I’ve told this story before but when City played Crawley in 14/15 (late Luke Ayling winner), John Gregory walked past the wheelchair section and came over to chat to Joe.  Was with him for ages, chatting about Xmas presents, favourite players etc.  He was with him so long his assistant had to run out of the changing rooms and remind him he’d not sent the team sheet in.

I always assumed he was a bit of a big-head, but he was absolutely brilliant with Joe.

image.thumb.jpeg.6b849bc6c15fa01a568bb9ede406cc7b.jpeg

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. He was brilliant over a few seasons but overall an overrated player. His goal record for england against many poor nations was okay. But how many would Defoe, Crouch etc have scored with that many caps.

never quite the same after injuries in his early 20s.  Still a bloody decent player but not top class.

43 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. He was brilliant over a few seasons but overall an overrated player. His goal record for england against many poor nations was okay. But how many would Defoe, Crouch etc have scored with that many caps.

you lost all credibility mentioning defoe and crouch! hahahaq

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

With as many friendlies as are now played the term "top striker" is all relative.

Beckham got to his 100 caps by coming on for the last 10 minutes of his  last few games.

Archived