IGNORED

Cocu’s out at Derby?

Silvio Dante

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Interesting debate on Rooney here. 

Re his stats for Man United, I’d love to rewind time and swap him with Ade Akinbiyi or Shaun Goater. I guarantee that they’d have got a hatful too (granted not as many). He benefited from the best service any striker in his time got.

No chance would Ade have got anywhere near as many - he missed so many sitters for Leicester at that level. Shaun Goater was slightly better but neither anywhere near good enough for top 4 level.

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Did you know a pundit originally meant a native speaker who could translate for the British military in India? 

You do now....

Now it means a bland former footballer who communicates only with tired cliches. 

Worth noting that Rooney has no coaching badges and a potential barrier to him achieving them may be his rumored reading age.  It is well known he failed to pass any GCSE's and attempted to retake Maths and English at Man Utd with the help of an expensive tutor, only to fail again.

I want to make clear this isn't intended in any way to mock the guy, he has achieved far more than many of us ever will, but you have to wonder about his ability to be a full time Championship club manager given these facts.

7 minutes ago, HiddenGem7 said:

Worth noting that Rooney has no coaching badges and a potential barrier to him achieving them may be his rumored reading age.  It is well known he failed to pass any GCSE's and attempted to retake Maths and English at Man Utd with the help of an expensive tutor, only to fail again.

I want to make clear this isn't intended in any way to mock the guy, he has achieved far more than many of us ever will, but you have to wonder about his ability to be a full time Championship club manager given these facts.

Why would he take GCSEs at Man.Utd  ?

Seems strange as he had a life changing salary and a future as a millionaire footballer.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Why would he take GCSEs at Man.Utd  ?

Seems strange as he had a life changing salary and a future as a millionaire footballer.

Maybe he wanted to for his own personal reasons?  The story is easily searchable, he said it in an interview with a journalist  in 2007 that he was being tutored.

4 hours ago, HiddenGem7 said:

Mel Morris says that having been through an academy he also owns, Rooney has 7 GCSEs, 2 A Levels., a degree in Economics and passed all his coaching badges. 

?

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is that the City Of Derby Academy (Prop. Morris M) that was formerly the Derby City Academy that was owned by Mel Morris?

Not sure, but the invigilator for Roogney's exams was the chap that valued Pride Park!

Archived