IGNORED

Can Dave Fes please start to get this weekends match profile posted

City oz

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I still can’t believe you rank OTIB posters.  

After all Robbored is known at the ranker of this forum, or that's what it sounded like 

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Exactly my point of view. If you can not stand other peoples opinion  you are really not a part of the forum. 

The irony in this post is off the scale. 

Anyway on a serious note I hope Dave is well and dealing with the Morrell departure. 

Looking forward to this weeks visuals 

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

After all Robbored is known at the ranker of this forum, or that's what it sounded like 

The irony in this post is off the scale. 

Anyway on a serious note I hope Dave is well and dealing with the Morrell departure. 

Looking forward to this weeks visuals 

I’m devastated ???.  Seriously, it’s exactly the right decision.  It’s football, things change rapidly.

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There are several posters that I rate highly on here but for simplicities sake I’ll restrict it to three.

1) Spudski

2). Dave Fev

3). Cowshed.

Truly illuminating.

-

On Barnsley, and without an intention to steal @Davefevs' thunder, Totally Football League have an interview with Adam Murray this week. He goes into reasonably unusual depth as to what Barnsley are trying to do with their play this season. As Martin (and presumably Dave) have highlighted - tempo is key word. Naturally we also get a mention. Interview begins at 22:40.

In the same podcast there is an excellent interview with Tranmere chairman Mark Palios. Palios speaks in a wonderfully eloquent manner about "Project Big Picture" and the broader effects of the pandemic, and the potential future of the EFL. He's not entirely negative, but comes across as pragmatic and an excellent voice to have in the conversation. This is the first feature in the podcast.

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/podcasts/the-totally-football-league-show-extra-time-efl-podcast-project-big-picture-barnsley-tramere/

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Truly illuminating.

-

On Barnsley, and without an intention to steal @Davefevs' thunder, Totally Football League have an interview with Adam Murray this week. He goes into reasonably unusual depth as to what Barnsley are trying to do with their play this season. As Martin (and presumably Dave) have highlighted - tempo is key word. Naturally we also get a mention. Interview begins at 22:40.

In the same podcast there is an excellent interview with Tranmere chairman Mark Palios. Palios speaks in a wonderfully eloquent manner about "Project Big Picture" and the broader effects of the pandemic, and the potential future of the EFL. He's not entirely negative, but comes across as pragmatic and an excellent voice to have in the conversation. This is the first feature in the podcast.

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/podcasts/the-totally-football-league-show-extra-time-efl-podcast-project-big-picture-barnsley-tramere/

image.thumb.png.76c95a6a72dc37825b2e2ae2e1c13825.png

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@ExiledAjax Murray is gonna annoyed when he reads that I thought his pressing looks all over the place.  Ooops. ???

TBF that last paragraph in that assessment could be CIty on occasion.

Big gap from front to back, not in sync with the press etc.

We've got away with it and fixed it in games - maybe Barnsley haven't been able to do that yet.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

TBF that last paragraph in that assessment could be CIty on occasion.

Big gap from front to back, not in sync with the press etc.

We've got away with it and fixed it in games - maybe Barnsley haven't been able to do that yet.

Hold those thoughts! ?????

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@ExiledAjax Murray is gonna annoyed when he reads that I thought his pressing looks all over the place.  Ooops. ???

Haha I was thinking exactly that as I listened again on the drive home just now. There's lots of thought going into that press mate! Still, I think he'd be simultaneously glad that you picked up on the high tempo across the pitch and in every phase of play. 

Personally it seems to me that they've picked up from last season: lots of energy, high tempo, plenty of pretty poor chances, and no striker capable of sticking them into the net. 

I await your thread but it also sounded to me like possibly some of Struber's favourites were a bit digruntled when he ditched them. Might see a few changes in the squad?

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Thanks for the link Spud. ??

I do these previews to have a better insight into our opponents, so that when I watch the game I understand why we might not win 4-0, why x might not have a good game because he’s up against the best player in the opponents team, etc.

Its an extension of reading the opposition blurb in the match day programme that as a kid I’d study in the boring hour before the game started.

It won’t be perfect by any stretch, but I enjoy doing them.  I can’t go into the depths that are suggested in that article, but I do cover quite a few of the areas they suggest, which is comforting.

23 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Can Dave Fes please start to get this weekends match profile posted

- definitely get Dave FES rather than the other bloke cos it might be a much quicker read.

Dave's in Fes ? Nice town and the Tannery is well worth a visit.

morocco-fes-tanneries.jpg.cf.jpg

P1000778-1.jpg.cf.jpg

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Don't we all?.............. :dunno:

I’d have thought most, if not all of us have a number of posters that we always read  and a number of those who we don’t bother with. 

It's gratifying to know where to visit, if we are looking for the forum's biggest ranker ?

Archived