IGNORED

Kasey Palmer to Swansea Confirmed - Season Long Loan

redpole

1 minute ago, redpole said:

I’ve been told by a Swansea City fan that they are after Kasey Palmer on a perm deal. Anyone else heard this???

Not heard anything, but then again I rarely do.

They'd be one of a very small number of clubs who might be able to afford a perm deal for KP.

But no idea if any legs, they did want him last season.

Certainly were interested last season & might lose Rodon, who although a CB, would free up funds, plus are still trying to offload Ayew who is on something crazy like £80k a week.

Would be best all round if true but not sure Swansea have paid a fee for anyone in ages.

What formation do Swansea play? They've been after Harry Wilson from Liverpool who ai had down as a winger. They've just sold a winger to Fortuna Dusseldorf. The key concern for any suitor will be where does Palmer fit in our side. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Bloody hell. 

They started last season with Borja Baston on £60k a week & Ayew on £80k on their books, yet BBC Sport Wales still kept saying what an amazing job they were doing competing for top six ?

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

What formation do Swansea play? They've been after Harry Wilson from Liverpool who ai had down as a winger. They've just sold a winger to Fortuna Dusseldorf. The key concern for any suitor will be where does Palmer fit in our side. 

352 this season (or variant of).

13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Rumour is a loan to cover Rodon if he leaves, Cooper wanted Palmer before and after his apparent anger at having a player sold from under him I wouldn’t be surprised if the board approved a deal like this to keep him happy 

Kasey Palmer covering Rodon?

11 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Rumour is a loan to cover Rodon if he leaves, Cooper wanted Palmer before and after his apparent anger at having a player sold from under him I wouldn’t be surprised if the board approved a deal like this to keep him happy 

Rodon is a CB?

He could go there on loan of course, but I doubt very much they would play him at the back..

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Rodon is a CB?

He could go there on loan of course, but I doubt very much they would play him at the back..

21 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Kasey Palmer covering Rodon?

I said the rumour is a loan would cover rodon’s departure. Given little in terms of fee I wouldn’t be surprised if Swansea allowed Cooper to reinvest the money in Palmer instead for a permanent cb signing 

Seems strange to loan him to a promotion challenger however it’s probably the one team that wants him and we need to trim the squad.

If he’s not doing well keep him there or vice versa he does well and there maybe a recall clause (hopefully) in which he comes back to us in form.  

Screams a bit of Paterson to Derby this 

21 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Let’s loan him to a side we are in direct competition with... great logic 

If it is KP could be more of a need to get (hopefully) the majority of his wages off the books for the season. If we can save £15,000 a week then we could be saving over £550,000 for the season.

Archived