IGNORED

Kasey Palmer to Swansea Confirmed - Season Long Loan

redpole

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Shame it isn’t permanent from the outset,

Baffling signing in the first place, mediocre whilst on loan to us & we still spend £3.5m on him & pay him £20k a week..

This was my take on it but let’s not forget LJ saw enough in him to say given a full pre season he could get the best from him. To be fair it looked like that might have been the case at the start of last season.

I think Semenyo’s rise has been the final nail in the coffin for Palmer. As much as he can light up a game with a few nice touches & passes he is a show pony with inconsistent displays & very poor defensively.

With Williams & Walsh still to come back I think we should be looking to get rid of his high wage atleast. If we can get anything north of £2m permanent for him then I think we should cut our losses & snap their hands off. All in all a bit of a disaster this one!

If this one happens we would have moved on Szmodics, Morrell, Elliasson Smith and Palmer.

So if Brunt and Williams hadn't been recruited the numbers would be about right.

I guess only Massengo and Nagy will be kicking around in the U23s now

He’s got to go. Waste of money and waste of talent sat on the bench - if he’s lucky. Interesting to see what he does at Swansea should he go there.

The lack of creativity does worry me a little with Eliasson and Palmer both going, Szmodics too to a lesser extent I suppose.

Leaves us only with Paterson as that genuine No.10 and real attacking playmaker. Hopefully he doesn’t get injured.

If I’m looking at the positive, it’s that it probably means Liam Walsh is closer to being in the squad and you could maybe place him in that playmaker category.

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

But they clearly don’t know what we know about KP.

What do we know about KP ?

59 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I think Semenyo’s rise has been the final nail in the coffin for Palmer. As much as he can light up a game with a few nice touches & passes he is a show pony with inconsistent displays & very poor defensively.

With Williams & Walsh still to come back I think we should be looking to get rid of his high wage atleast. If we can get anything north of £2m permanent for him then I think we should cut our losses & snap their hands off. All in all a bit of a disaster this one!

Not sure what effect Semenyo's rise has on Palmer ?

Loan with the option to buy is being explored.

Makes total sense given we have too many midfielders and at 23 KP needs regular football (as per NE, JM and SS) and (as also per the others) is unlikely to feature much in our first team.

Seems to me the sticking point might be the wording in the option to buy clause...... 

4 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

Let’s loan him to a side we are in direct competition with... great logic 

What sort of club can he go to?  Clubs at the bottom of the Championship like Wycombe and League 1 & 2 clubs can’t afford him. He’s not good enough for the Premier League and hasn’t done much to attract attention from a financially healthy club abroad. That leaves clubs like Swansea who are likely to be pushing for promotion 

2 hours ago, Kibs said:

He’s got to go. Waste of money and waste of talent sat on the bench - if he’s lucky. Interesting to see what he does at Swansea should he go there.

The lack of creativity does worry me a little with Eliasson and Palmer both going, Szmodics too to a lesser extent I suppose.

Leaves us only with Paterson as that genuine No.10 and real attacking playmaker. Hopefully he doesn’t get injured.

If I’m looking at the positive, it’s that it probably means Liam Walsh is closer to being in the squad and you could maybe place him in that playmaker category.

I think you’ve solved your own problem as Walsh is a creative player. A different style to the others but definitely creative 

3 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

i dont get why we are giving Swansea who are going to be pushing for pomotion a skillful player like Kasey. if they want to buy him then i can understand it. But a loan makes no sense.

Does a loan automatically mean that he's not allowed to play against us ?

6 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

i dont get why we are giving Swansea who are going to be pushing for pomotion a skillful player like Kasey. if they want to buy him then i can understand it. But a loan makes no sense.

Saving £550,000 in the current situation could be needed if prem clubs don’t want to bail out champ clubs. We were named as one of the ones they’re reluctant over due to lansdown owning us.

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

what is it with city that we cant find a place for flair players.  Trundle and Tomlin and now Palmer. 

Its not exclusive to City, a lot of clubs can't find places because they are essentially luxury players.

Trundle, great in League One, couldn't really step up. 

Tomlin, issues here and B'muff. Very mixed at Cardiff. 

Palmer, again very mixed results. 

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

what is it with city that we cant find a place for flair players.  Trundle and Tomlin and now Palmer. 

Football has moved on in such a way that very few teams can carry a 'flair' player.

In modern football there are very few teams at any level with a Riquelme or a Rivaldo... You can't afford to carry anyone these days.

6 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Currently undergoing a medical there. 

I think this could be a mistake, especially if Paterson reverts back to his usual level of inconsistency. 

Lets hope it doesn't bite us on the arse. 

I don't think Palmer has been anything but inconsistent. An off form Paterson still offers much more than Palmer

Just now, Carey 6 said:

I think this could be a mistake, especially if Paterson reverts back to his usual level of inconsistency. 

That’s my worry. There are times where Pato can be completely anonymous, but I’m hoping Walsh can be that creative spark when he’s back fit if required. 

Think Bakinson and Williams will be fighting for that spot in the defensive 3 and then we have Pato, Weimann, Walsh, Nagy, O’Dowda. 

15 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Remember soon we will have Williams and Walsh back to rotate in, they both seem more in the mould of a Holden-esqe Cm than Kasey

13 minutes ago, !james said:

I don't think Palmer has been anything but inconsistent. An off form Paterson still offers much more than Palmer

He has been inconsistent, hasn’t had much of a chance mind you, but I wonder if having direct competition for his place under Holden has made Pato perform better. Don’t want him getting comfortable.

So no sale included in loan. If that’s the case, it baffles me why we would strengthen a division rival?

only thing I can think is if he gets a good run of games and hits real form his value will be much higher next summer window when hopefully things are back to some sort of normality.

or he comes back to us fit and in form.

Archived