IGNORED

Kasey Palmer to Swansea Confirmed - Season Long Loan

redpole

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, not me....I dislike the terminology as much as the latest vogue for calling it “a 6 and two 8s”.  I’m old skool.  I get why people have described them like this, and I get the blend.  They aren’t wrong, I just don’t like it per se.  Silly old fart that I am!

They are just midfielders to me, asked to play in a way to benefit the team.  And it is exactly that pigeon-holing of a player like Williams who has so many facets to his game that slightly frustrates me. ???

Starting Williams will be like having a new signing.

:rolleyes:

• The title was changed to Kasey to Swansea
  • The title was changed to Kasey Palmer to Swansea Confirmed - Season Long Loan
19 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Another creative player gone. Wont be missed as he wasn't given a real chance but feel we may regret letting him go to a rival.

Do think we are lacking that bit of spark/creativity in the squad.

Just out of interest, how many hours of first team play do you consider "a real chance"?

On 15/10/2020 at 12:17, GrahamC said:

Certainly were interested last season & might lose Rodon, who although a CB, would free up funds, plus are still trying to offload Ayew who is on something crazy like £80k a week.

Would be best all round if true but not sure Swansea have paid a fee for anyone in ages.

Kasey is probably costing us more in real terms! 

Given how infrequently he plays and he is rumoured to be amongst the biggest earners, wages to games is probably 100k+ per 1st team appearance.

I think this could be a really good opportunity for him to get his mojo back (ala Paterson). It's a loan so if he does well there, we can either recall him in January and have a new player on form (if we need to and can utilise him in our system/instructions) or sell him come the end of the season and free up the wages. I'm assuming Swansea will be contributing to his salary so that is also a bonus to us at the moment. 

Let's be honest, with the season so far, it didn't look like he was going to get in to our starting 11 regularly and given his age and wages, he should be starting regularly somewhere. 

Good luck Kasey. No doubt you'll score on your debut and Otib Will meltdown.

31 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I think this could be a really good opportunity for him to get his mojo back (ala Paterson). It's a loan so if he does well there, we can either recall him in January and have a new player on form (if we need to and can utilise him in our system/instructions) or sell him come the end of the season and free up the wages. I'm assuming Swansea will be contributing to his salary so that is also a bonus to us at the moment. 

Let's be honest, with the season so far, it didn't look like he was going to get in to our starting 11 regularly and given his age and wages, he should be starting regularly somewhere. 

Good luck Kasey. No doubt you'll score on your debut and Otib Will meltdown.

I think he still hoped / had a desire that would get a game for us this season and so I’m glad it’s only a loan as it will give him playing time. I think like many players he needs a run of games in the right formation . Hopefully (like Pato) he will get his mojo back.  Good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Just out of interest, how many hours of first team play do you consider "a real chance"?

I don't know the figures but when it comes to a run off games I wouldn't say he's had a long run in the first 11. Not compared to others who have stayed in the team no matter how they have performed.

Archived