IGNORED

Extended interview with FRANK FIELDING

Shtanley

The man was responsible for probably the greatest save ive ever seen live.

Away at rochdale early in the season. 1-1 late on in the game. Cross to the back post and a downward header. frankie pulls out a Gordon Banks esq effort to get down to it. Our unbeaten run that year would have come to an end much earlier than Swindon if it wasn't for him and that save.

Really enjoyed that one @Shtanley and @petehinton (kudos to frankie for his honestly considering he is still playing).

A great listen and came across as a humble and decent man. 

The only feedback I have is why did u not ask why his kicking was so bad ?

In all seriousness, a really good interview with some great stories and someone who played such a key role in the promotion and our recent championship years. Love how he used to always reclaim the number 1 jersey everytime we signed a goalie 

23 hours ago, italian dave said:

Looking forward to it on a walk next week.

What happened to the "...Cider with..." - FF not a drinker?!

Any chance of getting one with Basso, now we know where he is! That would be interesting.

Basso would be a must listen!

On 16/10/2020 at 15:35, cider-manc said:

The man was responsible for probably the greatest save ive ever seen live.

Away at rochdale early in the season. 1-1 late on in the game. Cross to the back post and a downward header. frankie pulls out a Gordon Banks esq effort to get down to it. Our unbeaten run that year would have come to an end much earlier than Swindon if it wasn't for him and that save.

Really enjoyed that one @Shtanley and @petehinton (kudos to frankie for his honestly considering he is still playing).

I didn't think anybody else remembered that! One of the best saves I've ever seen as well. I've tried to look for it since but it's not on any of the highlights amazingly. 

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I didn't think anybody else remembered that! One of the best saves I've ever seen as well. I've tried to look for it since but it's not on any of the highlights amazingly. 

I'm glad you've said that as ive tried many times to find it and can't. Was beginning to think I'd imagined it!

Unfortunately @Davefevs its not in that video. Its bizarre that it isn't.

Maybe it just wasn't as good as I remember!

My fave frank moment, was when he put those swindon players right, who were celebrating when they ended our unbeaten run under cotts.

They couldnt get off the pitch quick enough, when we stuffed them in the home game.

That O donnell was terrible, was it him who got lobbed from the half way line?

I recall him having a shocker and he was never saw again.

Archived