IGNORED

Barnsley (a) - Sat 15:00 - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

9 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Barnsley forum have a thread about this thread :laugh:. http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/bristol-city-forum.296488/

A few quotes:

"Impressive that. A much better read than the usual lazy expectations of turning us over and references to whippets, flat caps etc."

"Its obviously written by Lee Johnson. Great to see him still being involved in his teams games even if it is as a forum pundit."

"I got a bit bored after chapter 7"

“Obviously needs a girlfriend” ???

Mrs Fevs says I need a job rather than a girlfriend.  She wasn’t too impressed with that idea.  Although the job thing might be sorted....fingers crossed.

I think it will be a tough game, I watched Barnsley at Leeds last year and I would say it was the best pressing game I've seen.  We can look awkward under a good press, though this year we do seem different and have better movement and (cliche alert) better at breaking lines. 
I don't like International breaks, specially when we have been in decent form, hopefully we can carry it on for No.5.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it will be a tough game, I watched Barnsley at Leeds last year and I would say it was the best pressing game I've seen.  We can look awkward under a good press, though this year we do seem different and have better movement and (cliche alert) better at breaking lines. 
I don't like International breaks, specially when we have been in decent form, hopefully we can carry it on for No.5.

The highlighted bit is key imo.

If Barnsley (or anyone) doesn't get the press correct it can lead to gaps all over the shop.

We've been guilty of it this season in all our games(partly) except Stoke I would say - and Barnsley appear to be worse than us in that regard according to @Davefevspost.

Whichever team gets it right today wins but, and hopefully I am wrong, I can see both allowing gaps and chances.

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

If Barnsley (or anyone) doesn't get the press correct it can lead to gaps all over the shop.

We've been guilty of it this season in all our games(partly) except Stoke I would say - and Barnsley appear to be worse than us in that regard according to @Davefevspost.

Whichever team gets it right today wins but, and hopefully I am wrong, I can see both allowing gaps and chances.

Their caretaker manager disagrees with me ???

33 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

When I watched them they used such a high intensity press, that I think that there will be opportunities for Pato and Weimann if we move the ball well.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Offended, filing a lawsuit as I type!!

They seem quite complimentary of the effort you go to with these :thumbsup: 

Love the photo they've got of you working hard on your pre match report too ?

Time to share your spreadsheet analysis of contracts and City's finances to seal the deal. 

1 minute ago, NlGHTMARE said:

He deserves a run of games from what I’ve seen of him in u23s, I’m having to watch on BCFC follow, so it’ll be interesting to see what your coms team think of our pressing style. 

As Toby the commentator uses my write-up as his prep....it might reflect my thoughts ???

But Tinnion on co-comms will put him right....he's an excellent co-commentator

Archived