Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Barnsley (a) - Sat 15:00 - What Can We Expect?


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Barnsley forum have a thread about this thread :laugh:. http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/bristol-city-forum.296488/

A few quotes:

"Impressive that. A much better read than the usual lazy expectations of turning us over and references to whippets, flat caps etc."

"Its obviously written by Lee Johnson. Great to see him still being involved in his teams games even if it is as a forum pundit."

"I got a bit bored after chapter 7"

 

“Obviously needs a girlfriend” 😂😂😂

Mrs Fevs says I need a job rather than a girlfriend.  She wasn’t too impressed with that idea.  Although the job thing might be sorted....fingers crossed.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Five in a row has a familiar ring to it - although not as we may like :yes:

Just one more post and we are exactly equal, spooky! (make that two now).

Edited by pillred
Add comment
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will be a tough game, I watched Barnsley at Leeds last year and I would say it was the best pressing game I've seen.  We can look awkward under a good press, though this year we do seem different and have better movement and (cliche alert) better at breaking lines. 
I don't like International breaks, specially when we have been in decent form, hopefully we can carry it on for No.5.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it will be a tough game, I watched Barnsley at Leeds last year and I would say it was the best pressing game I've seen.  We can look awkward under a good press, though this year we do seem different and have better movement and (cliche alert) better at breaking lines. 
I don't like International breaks, specially when we have been in decent form, hopefully we can carry it on for No.5.

The highlighted bit is key imo.

If Barnsley (or anyone) doesn't get the press correct it can lead to gaps all over the shop.

We've been guilty of it this season in all our games(partly) except Stoke I would say - and Barnsley appear to be worse than us in that regard according to @Davefevspost.

Whichever team gets it right today wins but, and hopefully I am wrong, I can see both allowing gaps and chances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The highlighted bit is key imo.

If Barnsley (or anyone) doesn't get the press correct it can lead to gaps all over the shop.

We've been guilty of it this season in all our games(partly) except Stoke I would say - and Barnsley appear to be worse than us in that regard according to @Davefevspost.

Whichever team gets it right today wins but, and hopefully I am wrong, I can see both allowing gaps and chances.

Their caretaker manager disagrees with me 😉😉😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s two Championship club fans that are impressed with  DaveFev analysis of their club. The Owls and the Tykes. Neither of them have a poster who provides such detailed summaries. 

Otib is putting them to shame!
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

“Obviously needs a girlfriend” 😂😂😂

Mrs Fevs says I need a job rather than a girlfriend.  She wasn’t too impressed with that idea.  Although the job thing might be sorted....fingers crossed.

'Obviously written by Lee Johnson' 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The highlighted bit is key imo.

If Barnsley (or anyone) doesn't get the press correct it can lead to gaps all over the shop.

We've been guilty of it this season in all our games(partly) except Stoke I would say - and Barnsley appear to be worse than us in that regard according to @Davefevspost.

Whichever team gets it right today wins but, and hopefully I am wrong, I can see both allowing gaps and chances.

When I watched them they used such a high intensity press, that I think that there will be opportunities for Pato and Weimann if we move the ball well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Offended, filing a lawsuit as I type!!

They seem quite complimentary of the effort you go to with these :thumbsup: 

Love the photo they've got of you working hard on your pre match report too 🤣

Time to share your spreadsheet analysis of contracts and City's finances to seal the deal. 

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NlGHTMARE said:

He deserves a run of games from what I’ve seen of him in u23s, I’m having to watch on BCFC follow, so it’ll be interesting to see what your coms team think of our pressing style. 

As Toby the commentator uses my write-up as his prep....it might reflect my thoughts 😂😂😂

But Tinnion on co-comms will put him right....he's an excellent co-commentator

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...