IGNORED

The Independent's interview with Lee Johnson

phantom

"My biggest weakness? That's a great question.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

sometimes being a perfectionist can be a problem – that’s something I’m studying at the moment; it’s the perfectionist in me that needs to taper down

Also I think some people would say I spend a bit too much time on my charitable work. But that's just me, you've got to put a little back."

? Under no circumstances should people who humblebrag an answer to their biggest weaknesses, be hired for any job in the world, ever.

10 hours ago, Alessandro said:

This may not be a popular opinion - and regardless of whether he goes on to have a glittering coaching career or not - LJ's time was up here....but:

Personally the more I think about it, the more I think he doesn't get the respect, or rather recognition he deserves.

Yes things, at the moment, look up with DH (long may that continue) but let's be honest here - DH was able to come in and hit the ground running. 

In another thread right now we're celebrating a successful transfer window...yet:

9 of the 11 players in the team that has gone 4/4 LJ signed or gave debuts to. 

Add to that the increased quality of player we have signed has gone up every window because under LJ we signed/developed players to sell on in a way we've never done before.

Yes fine, in the end it went stale, but "stale" mainly in relation to the highest expectation - promotion. 

I know many hated this word, but for me the progression under LJ was huge, we've leaped forward as club in so many ways. Not just because of him, but he contributed in so many ways that don't get recognition. Yes he doesn't have the silverware to show for it, but his impact was still there. 

Fine, some of the chat got tiresome at the end and several of the methods weren't working, perhaps he got too big for his boots - but if DH does the unthinkable and get us up, it will, IMO be in large part to the foundations laid by LJ.

Because despite all his talking a good game, he may not have achieved the ultimate goal, but he still got a hell of a lot of shit done at BCFC.

Big Tone condensed version.

Good job, went stale!!

A lot of people seem to think have has a high opinion of himself. I see the opposite; I think this obsession with self improvement indicates a lack of self belief. It’s quite humble in a way - he seems to look up to a lot of people in lots of organisations in the hope that he can emulate them. An earlier comparison with Clough is interesting - now there was a man who thought he was the bees knees and wouldn’t have gone round looking for ways to get better.

27 minutes ago, Olé said:

"My biggest weakness? That's a great question.

Also I think some people would say I spend a bit too much time on my charitable work. But that's just me, you've got to put a little back."

? Under no circumstances should people who humblebrag an answer to their biggest weaknesses, be hired for any job in the world, ever.

I absolutely hate that. Amazed that people still do it.

47 minutes ago, Leveller said:

A lot of people seem to think have has a high opinion of himself. I see the opposite; I think this obsession with self improvement indicates a lack of self belief. It’s quite humble in a way - he seems to look up to a lot of people in lots of organisations in the hope that he can emulate them. An earlier comparison with Clough is interesting - now there was a man who thought he was the bees knees and wouldn’t have gone round looking for ways to get better.

Yes, I think he has a degree of lack of confidence.  I think it’s the fear of not doing as well as his dad, who he sees himself superior to (to paraphrase something I heard LJ say “I’m a better manager than my dad, he was just a lower League manager who got a lot out of average players”.  Hence feeling the need to innovate, do things differently to his dads.

As it stands Johnson Senior has bragging rights by some distance when they meet up for Sunday Lunch.

Archived