sess

Joe Williams 

Dasilva 

semenyo

Fam 

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Kalas in for Vyner. Dasilva in for Rowe

Subs bench: O'Leary, Vyner, Brunt, Williams, O'Dowda, Semenyo, Diedhiou

I think Rowe has been playing out of his skin, I’d start him and potentially sub Dasilva on in the second half sometime 

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think he's improved under Holden. But I think Dasilva offers much more

Dasilva and Rowe have been playing better under Holden and are true Championship players and any club in this league would love to have the dilemma Holden has at the moment with a quality squad which are now showing the potential to be a driving force in a top six spot in this league by the end of this season.

Just think if an unbeaten run can Still be achieved by the end of November in the championship then Holden will have more worries in regards to his starting 11 every week as every player is hungry for success of which we have not seen for a while at BS3.

COYR 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

If Kalas is 100% fit I'd agree with him replacing Vyner, otherwise has to be unchanged starting 11.

Was Herbie Kane signed by Barnsley in time to face us today?

Kane from Liverpool will bolster the Tykes midfield and lets hope the Tykes do not record a win at Oakwell of which has been along time coming.

good game coming up today and lets hope we come back to BS3 with another 3 points on the road 

44 minutes ago, City oz said:

Dasilva and Rowe have been playing better under Holden and are true Championship players and any club in this league would love to have the dilemma Holden has at the moment with a quality squad which are now showing the potential to be a driving force in a top six spot in this league by the end of this season.

Just think if an unbeaten run can Still be achieved by the end of November in the championship then Holden will have more worries in regards to his starting 11 every week as every player is hungry for success of which we have not seen for a while at BS3.

COYR 

Have you seen our upcoming fixtures..? 

Never mind the end of November, if we are unbeaten by the end of next week then I'll be fancying us for promotion. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Never mind the end of November, if we are unbeaten by the end of next week then I'll be fancying us for promotion. 

A big if, Bar BS3.  I fancy us today, but it will be quite something if we could extend the run to 10 or more games.  That could be a Klopp feeling.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Definitely a possibility. I remember last year when I was back sitting in the Lansdown stand against Blackburn and the bloke next to me was a very nice bloke and he asked me do you think we will get promotion this season I said no but next season yes.

This is the season its going to happen as I cant wait to get those golden years back from the  1970 s. They will always be great years when we played in division 1. It has to happen again especially for the younger ones on this forum that have never experienced football in the top flight.

the experience for me will always be remembered for the good and the heartache. 

Arsenal away winning 1-0 will always stay in my heart and the draw at Coventry a few years later where i think there must of been 20K of us traveling and we drew and stayed up.

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

Arsenal away winning 1-0 will always stay in my heart and the draw at Coventry a few years later where i think there must of been 20K of us traveling and we drew and stayed up.

I completely agree - was at both games and still remember the feeling of elation. Would be nice for younger fans to get the same chance. 

1 minute ago, City oz said:

Totally agree. The best years . 

Still remember the big cheese scoring at Arsenal. I think we were unbeaten four the first four and were in the top 2 of division 1. 

I remember my dad taking me away to west ham that season 76/77 as well and we went down 2-0.

the players back then were my school boy heroes. Garland, Cheese, Merrick, Taunton  and even the “sticks Ritchie” Then Joe Royle appeared the next season and scored so many bloody goals on his debut at home against Boro and it then for us was the icing on the cake.

Then sir Norman Hunter came along and may he rest in piece. 

Great years they were 

44 minutes ago, City oz said:

Definitely a possibility. I remember last year when I was back sitting in the Lansdown stand against Blackburn and the bloke next to me was a very nice bloke and he asked me do you think we will get promotion this season I said no but next season yes.

This is the season its going to happen as I cant wait to get those golden years back from the  1970 s. They will always be great years when we played in division 1. It has to happen again especially for the younger ones on this forum that have never experienced football in the top flight.

the experience for me will always be remembered for the good and the heartache. 

Same for me Oz, except Coventry is a bit more memorable because I was there.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Same for me Oz, except Coventry is a bit more memorable because I was there.

I remember it well. It was a night match. I also remember my maths teacher at Bris school putting me in detention as I didn’t do my home work that night. He asked me why and I said I went to Coventry, me thinking the whole of bristol was aware of it. He turned back and said to me well you are now in Coventry. It turned out he supported the gas.

18 minutes ago, City oz said:

I remember it well. It was a night match. I also remember my maths teacher at Bris school putting me in detention as I didn’t do my home work that night. He asked me why and I said I went to Coventry, me thinking the whole of bristol was aware of it. He turned back and said to me well you are now in Coventry. It turned out he supported the gas.

My dad took me to Coventry with a load of blokes from his factory. Sat on the floor in the back of a transit van up the motorway. 

I went with him in 'luxury' in one of the fleet of coaches to Highbury. Arsenal fans were spitting at us through the fencing. We got a brick thrown through the window by an irate home fan on the way home. Ah 70's football eh - still loved it. 

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Kane from Liverpool will bolster the Tykes midfield and lets hope the Tykes do not record a win at Oakwell of which has been along time coming.

good game coming up today and lets hope we come back to BS3 with another 3 points on the road 

Dunno how fit he is.  Was injured pre-season.  They’ve signed Matty James (Leicester) who’s last game was March in PL u23s. Not sure if he was registered in time.  Can’t see either starting with Mowatt and Styles two of their better playing in central midfield.

No idea what the team will be.  If Kalas is fit enough to start, I’d start him...he’s our captain.  If he’s gonna play CCB, then he replaces Moore.  If he’s gonna play RCB, the. He replaces Vyner....I wouldn’t swap Moore into Vyner’s slot for example.

Dasilva and Rowe is really tough.  I’d probably keep that unchanged.  Rowe and Hunt at WBs have been really good.  Hunt in his best City form imho.

There are lots of games to come, let the sports science have a bit of an influence over the coming weeks rather than upset your selections principles too much.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Be interesting to see what Holden does with 3 games in a week.

I don't think he will rotate things as much as LJ did.

Holden mentioned 7 games in 21 days.

He'll have to change things, luckily we have players back or nearly back to training so that will help.

Jack Hunt and Tommy Rowe will need a rest given the roles they play so Sessegnon and Dasilva will definitely come in at some point. Not sure the CBs will change too much, maybe Kalas back in and there are good options if the midfield needs freshening up. Top two should stay the same I would have thought.

But today - maybe Kalas back in, possibly Dasilva.

The days of 6 or 7 changes appear to be long gone.

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Be interesting to see what Holden does with 3 games in a week.

I don't think he will rotate things as much as LJ did.

Nor me.

For me, LJ made the cardinal sin of picking team’s in advance.  Remember him saying he’d already picked his teams for a Sat / Tues / Sat sequence.  I’m sure he didn’t mean it quite as literally but he did say he’d told players in advance that they’d get minutes.

You’ve got to keep players on their toes, both those in possession of the shirt and those looking to replace them.

Imagine Holden says to Wells, you’ll play today but I’ll play Antoine on Tuesday.  Wells gets a couple of goals today, confidence at a huge high, then realises he isn’t playing Tuesday.  On the flip side Antoine feels a tonne of pressure thinking he’s only got one game to impress.

I really hope I see Holden’s man-management shine through over this busy period.

Much as I’m a Palmer fan (more on potential / ability rather than execution) I think his loan takes a load of selection “noise” out of the equation for Holden.

Archived