IGNORED

Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day 5

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So I guess Bents and Jay injured?

Still no Williams either. 

Massengo ahead of Nagy then

No idea whether Nagy is in front or behind HNM but he played in all 3 internationals last week & was still in Russia on Wednesday so he probably only got back yesterday.

Seems sensible in those circumstances to give him a break today with so many games coming up.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:
Great interview, we are seeing Holden’s (and coaching staff) principled selection policy shining through in this video.

Mmm, or it's good professionalism/image management to say that, when the reality is that Kalas is half fit, Williams isn't ready and there are no other potential changes.

I'll believe in the "keep the shirt" policy if Kalas is on the bench in 5 games time, or Bentley doesn't come straight back in assuming O'Leary does fine.

25 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Big test for O'Leary, be interesting how he does

He's been entrusted as our no.2 no.1 (as it were) this season and days like today should be exactly what he's been waiting for.

I'd expect him to grab this chance with both hands - literally - and see no reason why he won't do very well today.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He's been entrusted as our no.2 no.1 (as it were) this season and days like today should be exactly what he's been waiting for.

I'd expect him to grab this chance with both hands - literally - and see no reason why he won't do very well today.

I'm also very unsure on Max from what I've seen.

Very worried by him vs the Big Barnsley Boys on set pieces

And he has a real bad habit of palming saves back into play.

So hope he's improved/removed those problems areas I've seen in his game.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Simpson echoing what I hope most of us think: no concerns having O'Leary between the sticks and whilst we hope Bentley gets better soon, we're absolutely delighted for Max to get his chance to play.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Now is the time he has to.

Before he's usually been third choice, thrown in when needed, then removed when others ahead of him have been fit.

He's been trusted as the number 2, and has the belief and ambition to play regularly. This is the perfect time to prove that he is more than capable of playing, and staying in the side. He needs to perform to keep Bentley out of the team.

Archived