IGNORED

Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day 5

Don't actually think it's been that bad. They have pressed a lot and had the ball in the air which makes our game harder but we've still had good spells and I'd be surprised if we haven't at least had more possession. Don't think they'll press as much 2nd half and we've already had good chances - Martin heading wide when he could have scored or at least hit the target + Wells probably should have scored. Going for us sneaking a win or at least a score draw. 

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They are doubling up on him to be fair.

He should have just played on it on his left first time into the box, turned around straight into trouble. His own fault. I've been critical for a couple of games now and he's getting worse not better, bar that pass through to Weimann on 30 minute mark.

Ball's continiously bouncing off him and he's too lightwight in combination with Andi for these 50:50's, we've lost every single contentious ball in the middle; Bakinson the only one doing the business at the minute.

Trying to play at 100 mph.  Total lack of composure on the ball.  How many times did we cough up possession in a dangerous area.

The problem with the system we play is if the holding midfielder plays poorly, the whole team plays poorly.  Unfortunately, Bakinson today looks like a fart in a trance.

Sort out out Dean.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Trying to play at 100 mph.  Total lack of composure on the ball.  How many times did we cough up possession in a dangerous area.

The problem with the system we play is if the holding midfielder plays poorly, the whole team plays poorly.  Unfortunately, Bakinson today looks like a fart in a trance.

Sort out out Dean.

Bakinson been intercepting well, but too slow to then release the ball. 

HT Summary:

Barnsley's energy > City, and that has been a big difference.

Too rushed on some occasions, not quick enough in other.  Poor passing....its a slow pitch through the grass, got to make sure it gets there.

Bakinson seeing what its like to be pressured....different game out there for him today, not getting his own way.

Woodrow's a decent player isn't he?  Involved in everything....Moore needs to clatter him.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

HT Summary:

Too rushed on some occasions, not quick enough in other.  Poor passing....its a slow pitch through the grass, got to make sure it gets there.

Bakinson seeing what its like to be pressured....different game out there for him today, not getting his own way.

Woodrow's a decent player isn't he?  Involved in everything....Moore needs to clatter him.

So is Chapman

HT Summary:

? let it go Dave, let it go. ?

HT Summary:

Yeh how's that "all over the place" press worked out for them? ?

Disrupted and shaken us up very effectively I thought. But at times late on they looked tired and ended up with 4 or 5 players pressing just one or two of ours - so there must therefore be some space elsewhere to exploit.

Hopeful for a second half comeback.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh how's that "all over the place" press worked out for them? ?

Disrupted and shaken us up very effectively I thought. But at times late on they looked tired and ended up with 4 or 5 players pressing just one or two of ours - so there must therefore be some space elsewhere to exploit.

Hopeful for a second half comeback.

Thought wed got through it after about 12 mins and looked to settle, then we went sloppy again....but credit Barnsley hugely for that.  Will they tire?

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

There I was thinking you were a deep thinking, cultured football expert fevs. 

Not at all.  ex-Centre Half I was!!!

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Entertaining game. 

Hunt getting in great positions but final pass has been sloppy, but we know he can be like that. If only his passing was as consistent as his crossing. And touch in first ten minutes very heavy and lost it when we had numbers charging into the box.

Rowe doing very little going forward. Very safe in possession. I'd bring on Callum at some point if this carries on.

Vyner very poor on goal after being so good to stop goal. 

Bakinson moments of brilliance but very sloppy a number of times too. Paterson moments of class but looking lightweight in there. Weimann I think doing pretty well, but been sloppy at times.

Martin very good. Wells poor in link up and terrible on that great chance. He does miss sitters for someone who scores so many goals.

Moore and Mawson both good.

Moore has given the ball away too often today . Needs to keep at it and get back on  his game. 

I don’t think anyone has had a solid first half . 
We are not winning enough second balls and keep handing the initiative to the Tykes. 

We need a bit of quality here. 

Barnsley are rapid in the press but not excellent finishers. If we can hang on I imagine that our opponents energy levels will drop off and we can hurt them. 

Let’s hope that it’s a game of two halves! 

10 minutes ago, Malago said:

Sort out out Dean.

Out dean? either you know something we don't or you're being very harsh!

Archived