IGNORED

Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day 5

Just now, JonDolman said:

I genuinely don't know how that is a penalty. Is this a non contact sport now? Injury is irrelevant. He ran towards the ball and jumped. What else is he supposed to do?

Not jump into the player.  Not make the unnecessary challenge.  Having decided to make it, not lose it.  Not be so far away from his man that he had to run towards him in the first place.

I know you're his biggest fan but there's no excusing that.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

You raise an important point. We haven’t been 13/15 points good so far. There are some flaws, Vyner would be my primary concern. 

This. Let's be honest, performances haven't been great and will need to improve if we are to achieve anything of note. But you cant argue with the points return.

Need an improvement Tuesday. I still think we are a player or two short.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I genuinely don't know how that is a penalty. Is this a non contact sport now? Injury is irrelevant. He ran towards the ball and jumped. What else is he supposed to do?

Barnsley player got there first. O’Dowda was late. Take away the fact that it was a header and you might find it easier to understand why it was a penalty. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

You raise an important point. We haven’t been 13/15 points good so far. There are some flaws, Vyner would be my primary concern. 

I agree, my main concern is our inability to keep the ball and control a game. Every game so far has been like a basketball match and we won’t get away with it over the course of the season. I am sure our general play will be much better when we have Williams alongside Bakinson. 

5 minutes ago, TBW said:

I don't understand what we see in O'Dowda. He's shite and would've been the first player out the door if I was in charge over the past few months.

Yet in the previous 20 mins he looked like the player we hoped he would be, running at defenders and making things happen.

1 minute ago, Matthew me said:

Plenty of positives... But hard not to feel like we've been robbed 

COD..... He did great until it really mattered 

What a absolute shocker. It was a pen, use your head instead of your body!!!

Barnsley were poor. We deserved the points, but that's football. 

We were talking on another thread about people with very warped views on players. (I.E. Joe Morrell is amazing fans)

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

How about you aren't super late, and don't seriously injure a player?

That's what he could have done differently.

Forget the ridiculous challenge by O’Dowda for one second & just think about how we have been caught on the break on our right hand side for the second year running. Why is that defence pressing forward & not in a solid shape to prevent a counter attack. Horrendous defending from the minute we lost the ball in their box. And the challenge by O’Dowda - just awful.

Don’t be so far away from the man, don’t jump so late, don’t still clatter into him even when you know you aren’t getting there. Just three things he could’ve done differently. Obviously didn’t learn his lesson after last season against Fulham where he nearly wrecked it single handily too.

Still top and undefeated and a first goal for tyreeq too, class

Archived