IGNORED

Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day 5

I am not sure what people are seeing and saying that is not a pen. He body shape is all wrong and he is never jumping to win the ball. Takes their player out late.

Complete brain dead challenge. We had plenty back, clear the header, whistle blows for full time. Most likely a draw was fair across the 90, but bloody annoying finish. Always prefer Fam defending those late on.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I genuinely don't know how that is a penalty. Is this a non contact sport now? Injury is irrelevant. He ran towards the ball and jumped. What else is he supposed to do?

It’s a penalty all day long - it’s a cowards challenge from O’Dowda - go to win the header not to jump into the player. Like so many of his attempted challenges lacks bottle 

Inside the box or not, O’Dowda gave the referee a decision to make with what should have been the second to last kick of the game. Reckless to say the least and wholly unnecessary given the Barnsley players position and the cover we had. 

The two points he’s cost us aside, it’s still a fantastic start to the season, with more strength in depth to come from Williams, Walsh, Kalas, Dasilva and Baker returning from injury or form. 

5 games unbeaten and top. You’d have been aubergine emoji’d if you called that at the beginning of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I know conceding last minute goals is seriously grim but the OTT negativity never fails to surprise me. An individual error cost us today, our shape was fantastic besides that and they barely had a sniff in the second half. I’m confident going forward. 

I think the individual error was made by the referee.

3 minutes ago, Red said:

We were on top and should have gone on to score another, but no lets play 5 at the back and see if they can break us down. We all make mistakes.

That will be overlooked because of what happened but I agree to try and shut up shop with 10 minutes to go is negative as you like,to invite pressure is not a good Idea and I thought those days were gone under the last clown

1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

Inside the box or not, O’Dowda gave the referee a decision to make with what should have been the second to last kick of the game. Reckless to say the least and wholly unnecessary given the Barnsley players position and the cover we had. 

The two points he’s cost us aside, it’s still a fantastic start to the season, with more strength in depth to come from Williams, Walsh, Kalas, Dasilva and Baker returning from injury or form. 

5 games unbeaten and top. You’d have been aubergine emoji’d if you called that at the beginning of the season. 

All that aside you have to admit that was a disappointing end to the game and can't blame us all for being a bit p***ed off.

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Basically. He is literally at the very bottom of society. Don't let his comments bother you. He is lonely, overweight and miserable. ?

Not defending the guy as he's acting like a prat but I don't think being lonely, overweight, or miserable has any bearing on how accurate or not comments you make are.

Sad comment to make imo.

15 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

It was, look where they landed:

image.thumb.png.bf7e10496e7caac69c4b07e16b5c995f.png

Even in that shot I'm not convinced. Don't think the Barnsley player ever ends up in the box. They're still in the air in this picture - draw a straight line down are either of them in the box? Either way first contact is definitely outside the area.

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 9.22.51 AM.png

Aside from the obvious there were quite a few positives particularly in the second half I thought.

Martin was again excellent, he's such a clever player with a great touch.

Vyner recovered from the first goal to do well and looked decent in midfield for a stint.

Semenyo looked competent when he came on and helped us keep a lot of possession.

Kalas is back.

We came back from behind and looked the better side from half time.

It wasn't too bad it was just the last minute lunacy that leaves a sour taste.

Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

Even in that shot I'm not convinced. Don't think the Barnsley player ever ends up in the box. They're still in the air in this picture - draw a straight line down are either of them in the box? Either way first contact is definitely outside the area.

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 9.22.51 AM.png

His left foot looks inside the box and his head is infront of that - for me it’s a clear pen 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That will be overlooked because of what happened but I agree to try and shut up shop with 10 minutes to go is negative as you like,to invite pressure is not a good Idea and I thought those days were gone under the last clown

Maybe this is just me but I hate it when we take it to the corner to time waste. Surely, surely, trying to score a 3rd is a better use of our time. Failing that, just keep possession, pass it around or just absolutely cane your shot or cross over. It cost us here, it cost us against Wigan season before last. I hate it, I don’t even do it on FIFA ffs. 

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

His left foot looks inside the box and his head is infront of that - for me it’s a clear pen 

it was a foul....if it was in the box its a penalty.  Its frustrating, but that's football.  We haven't played well and had enough chances to finish them off.  Lets not forget we showed good character to come from 1-0 down to lead 2-1 within 10 minutes of the restart.  Every point in the Championship is a point gained.

6 minutes ago, Rob k said:

How many pages are there going to be as to whether it was a penalty or not? I personally think COD is trying too hard which is leading to flashes of brilliance but also the odd error like today.

The referees decision is final so let’s move onto the next game.
We didn’t lose, we are still top of the league unbeaten,  and the games are coming thick and fast. There will be more highs & lows and mistakes along the way, but let’s enjoy the ride

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Sitting back with men behind the ball and letting them have possession is a bad idea I'd agree but I didn't think we did that, we defended in depth but we also threatened on the break and had more possession and more chances.  It was all going fine.

Archived