IGNORED

Pickford

Silvio Dante

If you punch a player when they’re offside you’ll still be sent off but it’s seemingly fine to go in two footed knee high.  Hope VD is ok as that could easily be knee ligaments territory 

I wonder what the limits of VAR are here. Clearly they checked the offside, and they have the remit to check violent conduct. However, is it the case that once VAR has confirmed it’s offside they then can’t give the Pickford decision, as in effect the ball is dead and VAR doesn’t have authority over non “in play” scenarios?

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I wonder what the limits of VAR are here. Clearly they checked the offside, and they have the remit to check violent conduct. However, is it the case that once VAR has confirmed it’s offside they then can’t give the Pickford decision, as in effect the ball is dead and VAR doesn’t have authority over non “in play” scenarios?

So have the referees given over all responsibility and authority to VAR?

40 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Violent conduct is violent conduct whether player was offside or not. Ref could have sent him off and bottled it.  

It's on the ball so it's serious foul play not violent conduct.

The offside is irrelevant to it, I don't know how he stayed on but it wasn't because of the offside.

It was a worse challenge than the one Richarlison has just been sent off for.

Just now, Banjo Island said:

The biggest problem with var is we have a tosspot ref giving decisions on the pitch and a tosspot ref giving decisions in the var booth there really is no hope 

But Michael Oliver allowed the goal and didn't see the challenge? He really didn't have a bad game today.

Archived