IGNORED

Well done Callum

The Nest Egg

Please honestly can somebody explain him to me. I get he had a couple of good moments today but really he’s single-handedly cost us two points there.

Surely we should just cut our losses and get him out by now, he hasn’t made any significant contribution in four years now. He’s also not one of those players you expect to hold on to a lead, doesn’t get fans off their seats (or sofas right now), has little to no end product, I could go on.

So, I ask again; What is the point of him? Why on earth is he still here?

It’s an incredibly harsh decision that’s come just from a 50/50 so I’m hoping not much gets directed at him. He’s not thought ‘you know what, it’d be a laugh to give away a penalty’, he’ll be more gutted then anyone by it happening. 

1 minute ago, Newquay-Red said:

Please honestly can somebody explain him to me. I get he had a couple of good moments today but really he’s single-handedly cost us two points there.

Surely we should just cut our losses and get him out by now, he hasn’t made any significant contribution in four years now.

A bit of an over reaction but not a player I like

2 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Surely we should just cut our losses and get him out by now, he hasn’t made any significant contribution in four years now. He’s also not one of those players you expect to hold on to a lead, doesn’t get fans off their seats (or sofas right now), has little to no end product, I could go on.

He had done really well every time he got the ball and a 50/50 decision went against him which is questionable whether it was even in the box.

Just now, Newquay-Red said:

Surely we should just cut our losses and get him out by now, he hasn’t made any significant contribution in four years now.

Well if you ignore the Zak Vyner marking and the Max O'Leary dying starfish for the first goal yeah...

I don't like O'Dowda that much, he was doing ok, one good run, and an absolute moronic challenge which has ended up really hurting someone. Horrifically ill timed, and dangerous to the point where the stretcher comes out.

but it's DEFINITELY not single handed.

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

Well if you ignore the Zak Vyner marking and the Max O'Leary dying starfish for the first goal yeah...

I don't like O'Dowda that much, he was doing ok, one good run, and an absolute moronic challenge which has ended up really hurting someone. Horrifically ill timed, and dangerous to the point where the stretcher comes out.

but it's DEFINITELY not single handed.

It is single handed though, we were 2-1 up, no one forced him to knock out that player and give away a pen. 

If he single handedly didn’t do that, we would have won 2-1. 

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Completely agree. Add to that we've let other midfielders go and he still gets on the bench then comes and costs us the win is laughable. 

Of course I get someone has to want to take him but seriously, why on earth is he still a Bristol City player?

Thought he looked very good when he came on. He’s bravely tried to challenge for an aerial ball and got his timing slightly off. Harsh decision but these things happen. Get over it. 

i feel he’s an asset and can have a big part to play this season. Chin up Callum! 

3 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

It is single handed though, we were 2-1 up, no one forced him to knock out that player and give away a pen. 

It'd be 2-0 if Zak Vyner marked a corner properly.

You cant use that logic for an individual error in a 90+ minute game.

12 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

What is the point of you?

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Was quality when he came on. And then basically jumped for a ball and was far too strong for the other player. I heard the staff shouting out 'Callum use your strength!'

He looks to have bulked up a lot and that was just him going for the ball. If the player didn't unfortunately fall like he did then I bet no pen is given.

Was it a free kick anywhere else on the pitch Jon ..... yes.... so it is a pen 

But some of the comments on this forum about him are simply embarrassing 

‘shit’ , ‘moron’ etc etc

Somebody will be along to pick the toys up and put them back in the prams in a while

4 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

In all seriousness, when he was whoring himself out looking for a move and no one came looking, we should had removed the contract offer.

Yes, if we were running the business side of things on emotion. But it doesn't run like that, mate. All reason and logic, and numbers where Ashton's concerned. And no contract decisions made at 4.55 on a Saturday when we've just chucked away a win. Boring, I know.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Was it a free kick anywhere else on the pitch Jon ..... yes.... so it is a pen 

But some of the comments on this forum about him are simply embarrassing 

‘shit’ , ‘moron’ etc etc

Somebody will be along to pick the toys up and put them back in the prom in a while

He is shit though 

I think theres a player in there but this is where I stand on it. It is a ridiculous decision by Callum to make that challenge. He was 40/60 to win that header at best, and the ball was in the air for a long time. Let the Barnsley lad win the header, he is not scoring from there, but affect him with a challenge - trust your team mates to deal with the second ball. Its really the sort of things that drive coaches mad.

The frustration is, as much as we are looking for a scapegoat in the ref, letting them out when we had them in the corner etc, it is unfortunately an individual mistake based on poor decision making. Real shame.

The referee had no option, Callum made it for him.

10 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

It'd be 2-0 if Zak Vyner marked a corner properly.

You cant use that logic for an individual error in a 90+ minute game.

Or 3-1 if Pato had tapped the ball across to Semenyo for an open net (all events after that would have been different, and even if the penalty still happened 3-2)

18 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Jeez.  A slightly mistimed header against Sollbauer who went in very, very bravely.  He’d done well until then.

Archived