Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Well done Callum

Just now, ralphindevon said:

If ever a game was crying out for Fam to come on, he can win it for us with a goal and he's one if our best set piece/high ball defenders

It was open play though, more than likely he's not in Callum's position for that ball at that time so its going to be a midfielder/defender so largely irrelevant as if we'd cleared that ball we'd have won and been the correct decision.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Or 3-1 if Pato had tapped the ball across to Semenyo for an open net (all events after that would have been different, and even if the penalty still happened 3-2)

Yeah or the Wells touch from the header from Martin, or the Martin header where he climbs over the defender and has a chance to score. etc etc

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Arguably a free kick. But we all know free kicks are given for a lot less than pens. 

If pens were the given like free kicks are then there would be loads of them every game when defenders nudge a player, hold them, go into them when heading the ball.

Agree with you about how people talk about him.

Misjudged - thinking he could get there 

Realises too late he’s not in the race , so turns to protect himself , which makes a late challenge look even worse, and clatters the Barnsley player a good moment after the ball has gone

Its a clear foul IMHO

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Agree, mate. Probably a confidence one. Yes, there's a player in there, and he's a confidence player.

Agreed, but should have been pretty confident with what he did when he came on. Ran well, drew two bookings, looked confident, makes you wonder why if he is a confidence player he makes bad decisions?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Its an interesting example for whether you should get a penalty for things like that or whether it should be an indirect free kick with penalties reserved for preventing clear goal scoring opportunities.

Yep. Players go into players all the time when jumping for the ball. Callum looking very strong and fresh off the bench, it made it look worse the way the guy fell. We see players do far more than that and its seen as putting the striker off. Purposely putting all their body weight on the player with no attempt to get the ball is good defending. But running and jumping to head a ball with arms down but being too strong and opponent falling like he did was given as a pen there. I really don't think it is a pen.

39 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Excellent

Another whole new thread for the ODowda haters to express their venom

Take a bow

Cringeworthy

Its mad isn't it? We are top of league, playing as well as we have in ages. COD looked pretty good when he came on - like he, along with so many other players, might significantly improve this season.

He made a mistake.. a costly one.. and the rage gates open. Despite the overall situation being so promising and COD looking like he might be a real asset. 

There doesn't have to be a bogeyman everytime we drop points. 

Edited by the1stknowle
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2

With COD the club chased his signature for the extension of his contract. And when he signed I and many other supporters were happy with this. But for me he has been the most underwhelming and ineffective player I have watched for many a season. 

• Like 2

I don’t see how anyone can honestly think that’s not a foul? Nailed on. 

A real costly lack of concentration by COD. So stupid. Literally no need. A shame as he actually did well when he came on but you just can’t defend that.

We were by far the better side second half and didn’t deserve that.

• Like 1

If he just stood there and watched without making a challenge then he'd get pelters for a lack of effort and commitment. 

He was unlucky,  was it even a clear cut pen in terms of position? 

Either you want players to fully commit and accept these things happen sometimes

Or 

You allow those headers to go unchallenged due to a player not giving their all. You can't have it both ways, just not how it works. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Its mad isn't it? We are top of league, playing as well as we have in ages. COD looked pretty good when he came on - like he, along with so many other players, might significantly improve this season.

He made a mistake.. a costly one.. and the rage gates open. Despite the overall situation being so promising a COD looking like he might be a real asset. 

There doesn't have to be a bogeyman everytime we drop points. 

There tends to be a bogeyman even when we win.

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It was open play though, more than likely he's not in Callum's position for that ball at that time so its going to be a midfielder/defender so largely irrelevant as if we'd cleared that ball we'd have won and been the correct decision.

I said high balls too, plus I think in the last seconds of the game that's exactly where Fam would have been.

But I was thinking Fam should be on the pitch long before the goal, instead of Semenyo, think we'd have created a 3rd

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

I said high balls too, plus I think in the last seconds of the game that's exactly where Fam would have been.

But I was thinking Fam should be on the pitch long before the goal, instead of Semenyo, think we'd have created a 3rd

I thought it was going to be Fam for Martin tbh, don't think Semenyo did badly alone though allowing the 2 of Zak and Tyreeq in front of the defence, didn't manage to play through them.

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Some top ‘fans’ on here. Blimey 

You can be delighted about how the season is going and how the club is currently being run while also thinking that a certain player just isn’t up to it and has never been so.

Holden says it was a foul. Not sure what those saying it wasn’t are seeing 

1 minute ago, Newquay-Red said:

You can be delighted about how the season is going and how the club is currently being run while also thinking that a certain player just isn’t up to it and has never been so.

Agreed but the vitriol is a bit pathetic 

• Like 1

Ignoring what he did today, I still don't see where he fits in. We don't use wingers, he isn't going to get games in midfield so he is going to get occasional sub appearances.

Dean reckons he can play left wing back but assuming Dasilva isn't injured long term he is third choice there.

So what is he for?

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

There are 2 reasons why he is here in my eyes,nobody wants to buy him or Holden like LJ see something we don’t see

In all honesty, I suspect the former. He's obviously down the pecking order at left wing back and I suspect he will be in midfield once Walsh and Williams come in.

In a way I feel for him. Any player can make a rash challenge and, whilst daft, it is also one of these things where, if another player had done it, we'd just see it as rotten luck. But I suspect O'Dowda is not going to get too many chances this season so he really needs to put performances in when he does, both to get fans onside and to impress the manager. This is an absolutely catastrophic impression for him to make and is going to set him back further.  Which is frustrating because, from a sheer business-minded view, we really could do with him either proving his worth here or proving he might have worth to somebody else.

• Like 1