Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Well done Callum

What an embarrassing thread, some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. 

toxic towards one of our good young players (who has just been going through some bad form) just because he gave away a pen. Wouldn’t be this level of toxicity if anyone else gave away a penalty. 

get a grip.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have finally seen the highlights and I have to say I do feel that CoD has been a bit hard done by here. Listening to the radio and reading some of the early reactions to the challenge on here, I was expecting a Pickford style two footed lunge at around waist height. What I see is a challenge that probably wouldn't have received much attention 7 times out of 10 and one which he had every right to go for. 
I do believe that if it was almost any other player in our squad, they would have received more sympathy than castigation, being the current whipping boy looks to have defined the fans reaction.

Correct. If O’Dowda pulls out, Solbauer gets a good head on it and Woodrow gets on the end of it and equalises he would be accused of being gutless.

He had to go for the header, didn’t get it right and it’s a penalty. Frustrating? Of course it is. Definitely not a stick to beat a player with as it was not a rash challenge he didn’t have to make.

Its the usual people who were calling us rubbish at half time, brilliant after an hour and then slate a player for being a split second out with his timing and who have probably never been on a football pitch at a decent level to make that mistake who are bellyaching loudest about it.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
17 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

What an embarrassing thread, some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. 

toxic towards one of our good young players (who has just been going through some bad form) just because he gave away a pen. Wouldn’t be this level of toxicity if anyone else gave away a penalty. 

get a grip.

If we take the OP:

1E0D9AE2-3D05-42A8-9756-2DEFEC7BE494.thumb.jpeg.f1ef43ba333feae657dce6f50aecba8f.jpeg

I think the vast majority of us aren’t blaming Callum for the result at all.

There is a fair bit of debate as to whether it was inside or outside the box.

There is a fair bit of debate whether it was a foul, but that seems a fairly uneven debate.

There is a lot of debate about how he went in for the challenge.

But I don’t think there is too much toxicity aside from the early threads.

33 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

get a grip.

He isn't going through bad form though, he has never been in good form for us.

He is supposed to be an attacking player but in 122 Championship appearances he has scored 6 goals and got 11 assists. 

That is shocking and the majority of City fans quite rightly so, are wondering why he is anywhere near the team.

• Like 3

Interesting angled video:

we withstand a bit of pressure then at 12:31 we have the ball in their area.  A load of loose, scrappy play then happens, before the moment.  Wasn’t us sitting deep or anything, just scrappy play.

Good angle of the challenge too, Callum ends up facing the wrong way.

10767A68-6980-4AD3-995A-5913737513F7.jpeg.ce12718c57d215afab8f3e5a690eaeb0.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kykoliko said:

Agreed. A good two or three players there who need to wise up. Rowe with some piss poor decision making and two mistakes from Hunt allow them to counter down our right.

Just ******* hoof it out and slow the game down. There's 15 seconds left 🤦‍♂️

I think Rowe was a bit unlucky, he was just trying to shield it having worked his way clear of his man.  I don’t think he was trying to create anything.

Poor half volley clearance from Hunt, but we had time to get back in shape, which we did.

1 hour ago, megansdad said:

bigger question was why we had given up possession of the ball to allow the cross in the first place. With just a little more composure we would have retained possession and that challenge would never have happened. Far from single handed...

Rowe tried to nutmeg someone and lost the ball didn’t he? Would have to check but remember being annoyed !

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

we withstand a bit of pressure then at 12:31 we have the ball in their area.  A load of loose, scrappy play then happens, before the moment.  Wasn’t us sitting deep or anything, just scrappy play.

From that angle it looks like Callum was just trying to hold his ground, the aggression comes from the attacking player.

Bottom line from what I saw was a player sidelined for much too long coming on as a sub and trying really hard to demonstrate that he was a squad member by merit - the challenge was a mistake poor timing and an element of panic.

He could be a really decent and consistent player given a chance in a team where selection is made on merit - something we sadly lacked for the last 2 seasons - a system where Callum was not the only one hard done by!

COYR

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

get a grip.

Can you let me off if I've been critical of him in the past and not just because of the weekend?

"One of our good young players" though? - 1. He's not good. 2. He turns 26 before the end of the season.

• Like 2
On 17/10/2020 at 17:02, Newquay-Red said:

Please honestly can somebody explain him to me. I get he had a couple of good moments today but really he’s single-handedly cost us two points there.

Surely we should just cut our losses and get him out by now, he hasn’t made any significant contribution in four years now. He’s also not one of those players you expect to hold on to a lead, doesn’t get fans off their seats (or sofas right now), has little to no end product, I could go on.

So, I ask again; What is the point of him? Why on earth is he still here?

Seen him have one good game for us v Norwich spent most of his time injures on the Bench or playing for ireland get rid

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t watch that video without thinking anything other than what I thought at the time....he’s clattered him late, we are in trouble here.  Free-kick or pen depending on where contact was made.

But hey-ho....Boro tomorrow.

Agreed. It was a foul all day long, even if it is a frustrating one to concede.

Not sure I agree that Rowe was "unlucky" though 😉

But as you say, Boro tomorrow. If we win that then we all forget about Saturday. I just hope those two points don't come back to bite us.

Edited by Kykoliko
  • Like 1
On 17/10/2020 at 17:04, Lrrr said:

...he’ll be more gutted then anyone by it happening. 

Nah, there’s no way he was more gutted than the fans of Bristol City regarding that incident ... fans who think players care as much as them don’t get it ... that sort of sentiment died in the 1980s ...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah, there’s no way he was more gutted than the fans of Bristol City regarding that incident ... fans who think players care as much as them don’t get it ... that sort of sentiment died in the 1980s ...

Guilt, none of the City fans were responsible, the fact it was him responsible for the team dropping the 2 points will make him more gutted than anyone else.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

First point of contact wheres your money on for inside or outside.....? 

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 00.57.42.png

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Guilt, none of the City fans were responsible, the fact it was him responsible for the team dropping the 2 points will make him more gutted than anyone else.

City are O'Dowda's 2nd club and he knows he will probably represent several others during his career.

AG is a temporary stopover for him and one day he will be happily playing against us.

No way will he be more gutted than lifelong City fans for whom BCFC is, and always will be, their only club.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Flames 1
23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Impossible to say.  Ref has a good view....he’s mic’d up to his assistant, so is probably chatting to him to confirm.

Exactly what I was thinking looking at that image.

I was also thinking, WTF is Hunt doing marking acres of space.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Exactly what I was thinking looking at that image.

I was also thinking, WTF is Hunt doing marking acres of space.

If you watch the video you’ll see Hunt has Kane outside him and Weimann out of shot also is trying to block Jordan Williams hopeful punt to the box.  Hunt had tracked Kane down the line and forced him to go back to Williams.

• Thanks 1