IGNORED

On to Boro

old_eastender

For me, Kalas and Dasilva to start.

Bentley back in goal.

Joe Williams on the bench to get the last 15 minutes.

So, essentially just the two changes from the usual line up which moves us a bit more towards getting the strongest team available on the pitch. 

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am sure we will channel our anger into the Boro match. 

It should be a tasty game. 

Wells must start. He is a poacher and a goal scorer.

Semenyo will get his starts sooner or later but he is not a direct replacement for NW. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Wells brace Tuesday night .

Looking forward to it.

Always a bit of an edge when Colin is in town.

Be interesting to see what changes are made.

Kalas is a no brainer to start, as would Bentley’s return be, if he’s fit. Dasilva is a difficult one, our best LWB when fit but not sure Boro are ideal opponents for his first League start of the season.

Can’t seriously believe I’m reading that Wells (a 20 goal a season striker) should be dropped for Semenyo, who has yet to score a Championship goal in his career. Presumably this is based on his one game scoring drought? ?

Far more likely to me that Martin, who took a knock early on, starts on the bench (for Fam) & then comes back in on Saturday.

Be nice to have Brunt back in the squad & the lesser spotted Williams available at some point, too.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Kalas is a no brainer to start, as would Bentley’s return be, if he’s fit. Dasilva is a difficult one, our best LWB when fit but not sure Boro are ideal opponents for his first League start of the season.

Can’t seriously believe I’m reading that Wells (a 20 goal a season striker) should be dropped for Semenyo, who has yet to score a Championship goal in his career. Presumably this is based on his one game scoring drought? ?

Far more likely to me that Martin, who took a knock early on, starts on the bench (for Fam) & then comes back in on Saturday.

Be nice to have Brunt back in the squad & the lesser spotted Williams available at some point, too.

Might have missed it as I was busy on Saturday afternoon, but was there any reason why Dasilva didn’t make the bench v Barnsley? I assumed he was fully fit.

On 18/10/2020 at 12:10, Major Isewater said:

I am sure we will channel our anger into the Boro match. 

It should be a tasty game. 

Wells must start. He is a poacher and a goal scorer.

Semenyo will get his starts sooner or later but he is not a direct replacement for NW. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Wells brace Tuesday night .

Why ? Has he got crooked teeth?

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Might have missed it as I was busy on Saturday afternoon, but was there any reason why Dasilva didn’t make the bench v Barnsley? I assumed he was fully fit.

Tactical....with Brunt not on the bench, COD’s versatility to play in midfield got him the nod.

I’d be surprised if Bentley isn’t available and therefore he will come straight back in.

With 3 CBs I see little reason to worry about Dasilva coming in for Rowe if DH wants to make that change.

I’d be considering Sessegnon for Swansea (Arrrgh I’m looking too far ahead) against either Bidwell or Manning.

Today’s press conference may tell us more.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Some squad if we can’t have a fit Dasilva on the bench!

Maybe not in the team tomorrow against a Boro team that apparently likes to attack down their right hand side - might be that Rowe is better suited for this game, especially in the air ? 

17 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Maybe not in the team tomorrow against a Boro team that apparently likes to attack down their right hand side - might be that Rowe is better suited for this game, especially in the air ? 

Possibly mate. I don’t know much about Boro’s threats apart from Assombalonga who apparently might not be fit for tomorrow’s game.

Understand you don’t change an unbeaten team but I’d like to see Dasilva given a run out.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Glad its not just me. Struggling to see the hype with Semenyo. Yes done well but drop Wells for him? That will do our best goalscorer the world of good won't it.

Just now, Lew-T said:

Possibly mate. I don’t know much about Boro’s threats apart from Assombalonga who apparently might not be fit for tomorrow’s game.

Understand you don’t change an unbeaten team but I’d like to see Dasilva given a run out.

He may well get the game tomorrow, just a thought that against a Boro side that like chucking the ball forward it may suit Rowe better. Hope to see Dasilva back soon.

27 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Glad its not just me. Struggling to see the hype with Semenyo. Yes done well but drop Wells for him? That will do our best goalscorer the world of good won't it.

My gut feel is that in our last two games, Wells on in the last 15 takes one of the chances we create on the break.  Obviously no certainty of that, but I bet he’d love to be on against tired defenders.

Not dissing Semenyo either....he’s stepped up...and given us another option.  He’ll get his starts...will become a squad game over the next 3 weeks.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We're playing twice a week for the next three weeks, including games against Bournemouth, Norwich and Cardiff. Rotation will be needed.

Indeed, the challenge is getting it right.  Bar any niggles (Martin?) from Saturday it’s not asking too much to ask them to play Saturday and Tuesday, especially on the back of an international break.  However, it starts to stack up.

So Holden could pick the same eleven but have to make several on Saturday.  Or he could make a couple each game.

He will earn his corn over the next few weeks, and we will start to see his approach to rotation and fatigue.

On 18/10/2020 at 12:09, bcfc01 said:

For me, Kalas and Dasilva to start.

Bentley back in goal.

Joe Williams on the bench to get the last 15 minutes.

So, essentially just the two changes from the usual line up which moves us a bit more towards getting the strongest team available on the pitch. 

I completely agree with your suggestions but you also have to consider if Martin needs to be preserved (not by a taxidermist - you know what I mean!)

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed, the challenge is getting it right.  Bar any niggles (Martin?) from Saturday it’s not asking too much to ask them to play Saturday and Tuesday, especially on the back of an international break.  However, it starts to stack up.

So Holden could pick the same eleven but have to make several on Saturday.  Or he could make a couple each game.

He will earn his corn over the next few weeks, and we will start to see his approach to rotation and fatigue.

Agree. I'm expecting we'll see Sessegnon, Massengo and Fam getting minutes. As well as Hunt, Bakinson and Martin have played we do need to rotate and all three of those players will be up high in terms of total distance covered. 

Personally I'd lean towards one or two changes each game rather than 6 changes every three matches.

I think we all need to remember the 2017/18 season where we persisted with less rotation and it took its toll later on.

Archived