IGNORED

All Midweek Games on Sky Red Button

The Humble Realist

No need to get Robin's tv if u have sky this tuesday if this is anything to go by

www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/preston-and-barnsley-fixtures/%3fdisplayMode=GoogleAmp

Looks like the game will be on the red button . Bit awkward for the club as they probably wont want to advertise it being the red button as theyll want to maximise PPV take up

Just now, The Humble Realist said:

No need to get Robin's tv if u have sky this tuesday if this is anything to go by

www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/preston-and-barnsley-fixtures/%3fdisplayMode=GoogleAmp

Looks like the game will be on the red button . Bit awkward for the club as they probably wont want to advertise it being the red button as theyll want to maximise PPV take up

Yeah I saw that earlier. It`ll be worth checking it`s still showing on the day though as there`s been a lot of contradictory info regarding red button games up to now. I see the Bournemouth game is showing as on there too.

Screenshot_20201017-200218.png

Watch midweek Championship matches live across Sky Sports this season.

All games taking place across midweek rounds in the 2020/21 season on Tuesday and Wednesday nights will be available live to Sky Sports customers on the Sky Sports Football Red Button - alongside the featured game being shown live on Sky Sports Football.

Sky Sports Football customers can also see each match streamed live on the Sky Sports app - simply sign in with your Sky iD to view and make sure you have the latest version of the app.

For Sky Q customers, the matches on the Red Button will be available in HD quality and the service comes at no extra cost. All games, including those on the Red Button, will also have their own commentators.

Midweek matches are only available through these channels and cannot be watched with a NOW TV pass and are also not available in Sky pubs.

Please note: We can only show rescheduled, displaced midweek games or games taking place away from Saturday at 3pm that aren't part of a regular midweek round on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.

• The title was changed to All Midweek Games on Sky Red Button

isn't it strange the amount of anti sky posts that appear on here normally, things like Sky is killing football, and why would anyone subscribe when all games have a stream somewhere, and dodgy boxes for 90 quid a year etc. Not to mention the abuse the cameramen get at televised home matches. Then suddenly, everyone seems to have it, or want it.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

But not for those with a NOW TV season pass. Absolutely no reason I can see that they dont add these streams (especially since they were streaming multiple Nations League "bonus streams" last weekend.

The red button streams are available if you have a Sky Sports monthly pass via some devices:

Can I watch Bonus Streams and use other Red Button or interactive services with NOW TV?

Got a Sky Sports Month Pass, and one of the devices listed below? You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

• YouView box
  • PS4
  • Xbox One
  • Supported LG or Samsung Smart TV.

You’ll find all available Bonus Streams at the bottom of your NOW TV app homepage. Don't worry if you can't see any Bonus Streams right now – they'll appear automatically by the time the event starts.

Keep in mindYou can’t access Bonus Streams with a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass. NOW TV Boost features, including full HD and 50 frames per second, aren't available on Bonus Streams.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-features

The additional EFL fixtures (including City v Boro on Tuesday) were showing in the bonus streams section the last time I looked on my YouView box.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It will be interesting to see what the difference in coverage is. I`m guessing both will use the EFL feed but IIRC you didn`t previously get any replays on the red button coverage.

Good point. Personally to save a tenner I can put up with the poorer coverage but to some itll be more important  perhaps 

16 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

I'm sure someone has asked this in the past, but I have Sky Sports on Virgin Media........ Can I watch the Red Button games, and how??  

I watch City mid week games on Virgin. You’ve just got to select the correct Sky Sports channel. It might be Sky Sports Main Event of Football. The options don’t appear until approx 15 minutes before KO 

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I watch City mid week games on Virgin. You’ve just got to select the correct Sky Sports channel. It might be Sky Sports Main Event of Football. The options don’t appear until approx 15 minutes before KO 

I've got a feeling that you have to tune into Sky Sports football which is 513 on Virgin Media, of course it is so long ago that the Red Button showed Championship games, but that is my recollection.  Of course, they might change that anyway!  Always found it to be a decent service for no extra money, only one camera zooming in and out, no replays and you could not use the pause button, or record it (on Virgin anyway, not sure about sky dish). 

I would assume that Sky would pay the clubs some serious dosh to compensate for doing this, and hitting them financially, but no idea what that would be.

Archived