IGNORED

All Midweek Games on Sky Red Button

The Humble Realist

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Do you have sky Q?

I've never been able to.

Likewise no pause, rewind etc

Just standard sky+. Today’s the first time I haven’t been able to record. You usually click record on the main match in planner and all the matches then appear so you can choose which one to record. 

Just now, elhombrecito said:

I do, but was also able to record games on the old style Sky box too. You could only pause/rewind while watching the recording though.

Used to have an option when you pressed record on the “main game” on the planner, all the others would come up to choose.

Not checked it tonight, as I don’t want to leave now I’m watching in case it breaks ?

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sky go etc has never had red button. 

Also never been able to record on red button 

The games we're confusing with are the Sky games at the end of last season, they weren't red button they were available in the menu listing, hence comments above about previously being able to select to record 

I was able to record last season?

I work shifts ( working now ) so was handy.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sky go etc has never had red button. 

Also never been able to record on red button 

The games we're confusing with are the Sky games at the end of last season, they weren't red button they were available in the menu listing, hence comments above about previously being able to select to record 

I'm intrigued @Scrumpy Dziek.

Why the laughter emoji?

Don't be afraid to actually comment occasionally 

20201020_205227.jpg

3 hours ago, Coppello said:

The viewing experience is definitely a lot better on Robins TV. Having replays and a co-commentator is very valuable. I’m not convinced the definition is any better on the red button; the camera looks slightly slightly out of focus (although I appreciate it’s the same camera feed as Robins TV)

I agree.  Seriously considering paying next week.

9 hours ago, Masala said:

I couldn't find it. Even 16 year old son who knows everything about Sky Sports couldn't. Where was it?

It shows at the bottom of the Now TV home screen under bonus streams but is only available on selected devices.

See the 'Bonus Streams' FAQ here: https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-features

57 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It shows at the bottom of the Now TV home screen under bonus streams but is only available on selected devices.

See the 'Bonus Streams' FAQ here: https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-features

Nice one, Cheers!

I think this is the issue for me - I have a Now TV stick

We'll be making Bonus Streams available on the NOW TV Stick and Boxes (except the white NOW TV Box) later this year, and via the NOW TV Player and supported smartphones in 2021.

The Bournemouth game is now available to record. Just click to record the Luton v Forest game on Sky Sports Football and it will give the option to record any of the games.

Screenshot_20201026-215050.png

If you want the ability to pause and rewind, you just need to set the game to record and then watch the game from the planner, rather than through the red button. This will be in SD though as opposed to watching via the red button on Sky Q which is in HD.

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Coverage is superior on RobinsTV, however, given the number of people (myself included) who have had issues streaming the last two games, I'm going Red Button.

Yep, but the red button is part of my Sky package and as I’m already paying I’ll stick with the red button.

Why cough up an extra tenner when you don’t need to?

38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep, but the red button is part of my Sky package and as I’m already paying I’ll stick with the red button.

Why cough up an extra tenner when you don’t need to?

I’m with @Davefevs and a little unsure what to do. There’s been a lot of comments regarding the commentary on Robins TV but the broadcast by Sky last week was woeful. He was getting the player’s names wrong every minute and the commentator kept forgetting that we could not access the replays which he can view. The camera seemed slightly blurred/lower definition than what I’ve experienced with Robins TV but I appreciate it is the same camera feed.

I’ve not had the issues with the stream dropping in the past so I might pay £10  Having access to replays, different camera angles and a good co-commentator is very valuable  

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

I’m with @Davefevs and a little unsure what to do. There’s been a lot of comments regarding the commentary on Robins TV but the broadcast by Sky last week was woeful. He was getting the player’s names wrong every minute and the commentator kept forgetting that we could not access the replays which he can view. The camera seemed slightly blurred/lower definition than what I’ve experienced with Robins TV but I appreciate it is the same camera feed.

I’ve not had the issues with the stream dropping in the past so I might pay £10  Having access to replays, different camera angles and a good co-commentator is very valuable  

Not being funny, but if you know the name of the player who has the ball, what difference does it make if the commentary gets it wrong!!

Personally I just watch games nowadays without the sound on, I can’t stand fake crowd noise or commentary, I’m aware of what I’m watching, I don’t need to be told what I’m watching!

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

Robins TV was annoying me, close ups when the balls still in play and the commentator is poor. Now I accept it's hard and Red button Commentator shows he's not the worst, but he always seems to tempt fate.
Red button , as I said commentator is even worse. Talking you through a replay you can't see ? No replays and no way of recording to check back.
Superstition means I may pay £10 though. 2 games I've not watched on Robins TV. Villa I missed all together, the Boro game I watched on the Red button, we lost both. I think the club should give me a free pass to make sure we get points from the next two games. :yes:

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Robins TV was annoying me, close ups when the balls still in play and the commentator is poor. Now I accept it's hard and Red button Commentator shows he's not the worst, but he always seems to tempt fate.
Red button , as I said commentator is even worse. Talking you through a replay you can't see ? No replays and no way of recording to check back.
Superstition means I may pay £10 though. 2 games I've not watched on Robins TV. Villa I missed all together, the Boro game I watched on the Red button, we lost both. I think the club should give me a free pass to make sure we get points from the next two games. :yes:

Toby explained to me that because of the live action and stream being delayed, he’s trying to commentate on action a split second later so that the comms line-up with the stream.

That red button jinx went through my mind too.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Toby explained to me that because of the live action and stream being delayed, he’s trying to commentate on action a split second later so that the comms line-up with the stream.

That red button jinx went through my mind too.

TBF it's an art to get commentary anywhere near right, that's why John Motson and the rest had such long careers. It's worse for me because it's my team so anything will annoy me. 

It's a straight choice to me being cheap and wanting to save £10, and my football superstition and wanting 3 points. My cheap side will probably win tonight. ?

12 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The Bournemouth game is now available to record. Just click to record the Luton v Forest game on Sky Sports Football and it will give the option to record any of the games.

Screenshot_20201026-215050.png

If you want the ability to pause and rewind, you just need to set the game to record and then watch the game from the planner, rather than through the red button. This will be in SD though as opposed to watching via the red button on Sky Q which is in HD.

Can you fast forward as well?  Could make a killing in betting if you look and see what's going to happen.......

43 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Not being funny, but if you know the name of the player who has the ball, what difference does it make if the commentary gets it wrong!!

Whilst this is true to an extent, the commentator earlier in the season repeatedly referring to our winger as Eliass-ON got very grating very quickly!!!

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Can you fast forward as well?  Could make a killing in betting if you look and see what's going to happen.......

Whilst this is true to an extent, the commentator earlier in the season repeatedly referring to our winger as Eliass-ON got very grating very quickly!!!

That's why they got shot.

Eliass-OFF

22 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

This will be in SD though as opposed to watching via the red button on Sky Q which is in HD.

Is the quality of the Red Button really HD - I have Sky Q and anHD (relatively new!) TV and the quality of the Red Button is pretty poor.

To be honest Robins TV quality is better!

Archived