IGNORED

All Midweek Games on Sky Red Button

The Humble Realist

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Not being funny, but if you know the name of the player who has the ball, what difference does it make if the commentary gets it wrong!!

Personally I just watch games nowadays without the sound on, I can’t stand fake crowd noise or commentary, I’m aware of what I’m watching, I don’t need to be told what I’m watching!

Me too,  it's off putting and a distraction when it's so poorly done.  I do the same when I watch the PL games on Sky - Carragher is so annoying that any game he is commenting on HAS to be muted.......if only I could do the same to Mrs CR !

CR

9 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Is the quality of the Red Button really HD - I have Sky Q and anHD (relatively new!) TV and the quality of the Red Button is pretty poor.

To be honest Robins TV quality is better!

I don’t think it was....1080i / 720p rather than 1080p in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Now that the streaming company have refunded me for dirge that was the stream for the last two games (transaction processed, 5-7 days before the cash lands), I am more encouraged to pay the tenner for then better overall viewing experience, rather than the red button.

Did you email them during the game?  Someone said they’d ignore refund requests if you did it after the match?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Did you email them during the game?  Someone said they’d ignore refund requests if you did it after the match?

I did (for both Barnsley and Boro), however, I don't really see how people can be expected to email during the game if their preferred email device is also being used for trying to access the stream at the same time.

I would guess your consumer rights also trump any clause they try and fob you off with as well.

Given the number of people complaining, I would still request the money back. Took about half a dozen emails from me before the agreed (including the suggestion that maybe they should tender to provide PPE to the NHS as a sideline).

The customer service is dreadful, but if you persevere, you can get a desired outcome.

They'll want to know the following.

Result of a broadband speed test.

Operating system and device.

Browser.

How you have tried to view the game.

They will then ask you to provide various bit of information you have already given them for a second time, then they will ignore you, so you start sending sarcastic messages, then then confirm the refund.

Well, that was my journey.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I emailed them at half-time during Swansea match and had standard/automatic reply..... thought might have to chase up and provide extra info as per@Bristol Rob post above

But just got email to say money has been refunded - whoop whoop! 

5 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Is the quality of the Red Button really HD - I have Sky Q and anHD (relatively new!) TV and the quality of the Red Button is pretty poor.

To be honest Robins TV quality is better!

I've not got SKY Q yet, so only have the SKY+ and **** me, the quality of the Red Button is shocking. I have a pretty good TV so maybe that's the issue, actually makes it worse.

I could hardly make out who the players were, so put on my glasses, and it made no bloody difference :laugh:.

I think SKY's bitrate is as low as they can get away with, hey, even old episodes of Dad's Army on GOLD are better.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Sniper said:

I've not got SKY Q yet, so only have the SKY+ and **** me, the quality of the Red Button is shocking. I have a pretty good TV so maybe that's the issue, actually makes it worse.

I could hardly make out who the players were, so put on my glasses, and it made no bloody difference :laugh:.

I think SKY's bitrate is as low as they can get away with, hey, even old episodes of Dad's Army on GOLD are better.

I'm glad it isn't just me. I assumed it was in low SD where has we are used to watching in much higher quality

I genuinely struggled to make players out on the TV

11 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

For me, the picture quality is far superior on the red button (in HD on Sky Q) than Robins TV. No, you don't get the replays etc, but I'm not willing to pay a tenner extra just for that.

Plus, no Downsy/Lisa Knights... Win win! :laugh:

Hi mate I’m in the process of upgrading to sky Q there doing a offer on free box if you pay £10 a month for the multi room box . Iv herd sky Q is good what’s your opinion please 

1 minute ago, sticks 1969 said:

Hi mate I’m in the process of upgrading to sky Q there doing a offer on free box if you pay £10 a month for the multi room box . Iv herd sky Q is good what’s your opinion please 

Sky Q is very good unless you have a power cut or your internet goes down for any length of time - it`s a right pain resetting everything.

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Right.  Paid my tenner.  Gonna have have red button at the ready, but gonna have TV and Mac showing Robinstv at the same time.  Gonna write down the times of any freezes on each.

Im the same, iMac and Samsung Web browser for me plus I really want to keep giving my money to the club but it really does have to improve..

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

Im the same, iMac and Samsung Web browser for me plus I really want to keep giving my money to the club but it really does have to improve..

Both successfully logged in side by side....so full steam (stream?) ahead.  Fingers crossed.

CB092EEB-6A19-49DE-9769-D858F27B8DDB.thumb.jpeg.175c5e4e02c235521182186d78cfb9ae.jpeg

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Tonight’s game is available to record on the Sky Sports Football channel.

Go on to the planner, press record & it will give you a lot of all games available to record.

Do you have SkyQ?

I don't have the option to record on Sky HD

Archived