IGNORED

All Midweek Games on Sky Red Button

The Humble Realist

Had no freezes on Samsung TV tonight.  Had two freezes on Mac (33mins and 46mins)...but quick refresh sorted.  Lost literally 5 seconds action each time.

I refreshed both at half-time off my own back

My Mac seemed to refresh a few seconds behind my tv, but somehow caught it back up to be a second or two ahead.

Picture on my Mac better than telly....but that might be partly trying to stretch to 4k telly?  Will probably watch on Mac next week with hdmi cable and check results.

1 hour ago, daored said:

Sky are not advertising any red button games this week. I wonder if an agreement has been made with the clubs to remove red button option. Showing the games on red button will impact on clubs finances if they can’t show on their in-house channel 

Would be a big uturn....and piss off Sky subscribers....and a change to the tv deal.

Given that there are more midweek rounds than normal this season because of the condensed schedule, it's possible that the contract is for a set number of midweek rounds based on the normal season schedule.

Therefore there might be a few midweeks this season where they don't use the red button as ordinarily they'd have been weekend games. Time will tell.

Just now, Northern Red said:

Given that there are more midweek rounds than normal this season because of the condensed schedule, it's possible that the contract is for a set number of midweek rounds based on the original season schedule.

Therefore there might be a few midweeks this season where they don't use the red button as ordinarily they'd have been weekend games. Time will tell.

This could well be the reason...but it would be nice if Sky would inform their subscribers what is happening. It does seem odd that the ' all midweek championship games are on the red button'  lasted 2 weeks ! 

Message on club website reads:

ROBINS TV

Popular pundit and commentator Rene Gilmartin will feature on Tuesday night's exclusive Robins TV Live matchday show.

Coverage starts at 6.30pm, with the Robins TV matchday programme featuring multi-angle, multi-replay production, commentary and expert analysis - for just £10. Robins TV will be the only place to watch the match, with it not featuring on the Sky Sports red button.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Sky have managed in previous weeks

I would think it’s an agreement with the clubs , showing the games on red button will impact on the club being able to charge fans to watch. Hopefully this is a one off as missed being able to watch games without buffering and freezing - although guess for Saturday would have been an improvement 

19 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Given that there are more midweek rounds than normal this season because of the condensed schedule, it's possible that the contract is for a set number of midweek rounds based on the normal season schedule.

You were right. ??????

Archived