IGNORED

Well done Jack and Tyreeq

Bristol Oil Services

There's a little ditty, isn't there, about Jack and Tyreeq? Something about Jack being a football star, and Tyreeq making his debut, er, in the back of Jack's car. Two City boys, doing the best they can, basically. No mention of Callum, though. Probably for the best, that.

But anyway, well done boys. Up the City, Come on you vaccines, Drink up yer cider. For tonight we're still top of the league. Life goes on, long after the thrill of nearly winning at Oakwell has gone.

A little ditty 'bout Jack & Diane
Two American kids growing up in the heart land
Jack, he's gonna be a football star
Diane's debutante, back seat of Jacky's car
Suckin' on chilli dog outside the Tastee Freez
Diane sitting on Jacky's lap
Got his hands between her knees
Jack he says
"Hey, Diane, let's run off behind a shady tree
Dribble off those Bobby Brooks
Let me do what I please"

John Mellencamp 1982

25 minutes ago, CodeRed said:
A little ditty 'bout Jack & Diane
Two American kids growing up in the heart land
Jack, he's gonna be a football star
Diane's debutante, back seat of Jacky's car
Suckin' on chilli dog outside the Tastee Freez
Diane sitting on Jacky's lap
Got his hands between her knees
Jack he says
"Hey, Diane, let's run off behind a shady tree
Dribble off those Bobby Brooks
Let me do what I please"

John Mellencamp 1982

Classic ?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Actually thought that was one of Jack Hunt’s best games for us, even if he hadn’t scored.

Excellent energy levels for the full 90 minutes & far better use of the ball than has been the case on occasions before.

My MOTM, and in the podcast all 4 of us agreed.  I think it was a game of 6/10s with Jack as an 8, Weimann possibly the only one to get a 7.

As stated in another thread. Jack's fitness levels are unreal.

Today was a solid performance, well balanced between attack and defence. On the odd occasion he was slightly out of position, his pace.more than made up for it.

Bakinson is something else!..

Start the countdown on this lad. By my reckoning, we've only got 41 more matches watching him in a city shirt.  He looks the real deal. His quick passing and simple distribution makes him a real star.

Brighton, west ham, saints.... Wait and see.

1 minute ago, Matthew me said:

As stated in another thread. Jack's fitness levels are unreal.

Today was a solid performance, well balanced between attack and defence. On the odd occasion he was slightly out of position, his pace.more than made up for it.

Bakinson is something else!..

Start the countdown on this lad. By my reckoning, we've only got 41 more matches watching him in a city shirt.  He looks the real deal. His quick passing and simple distribution makes him a real star.

Brighton, west ham, saints.... Wait and see.

I think many would say it’s his most average performance this season.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I think many would say it’s his most average performance this season.

It wasn't his best, totally agree

But who am I to knock him after he scores a very important goal, plays some great passes and shows moments of quick thinking.

He did get caught once or twice, but you can forgive that. 

something about watching this lad play. 

16 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

It wasn't his best, totally agree

But who am I to knock him after he scores a very important goal, plays some great passes and shows moments of quick thinking.

He did get caught once or twice, but you can forgive that. 

something about watching this lad play. 

He’s made a very impressive start.  The centre of a championship midfield is the toughest place to learn.

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s made a very impressive start.  The centre of a championship midfield is the toughest place to learn.

He just seems have slotted into the team with ease. 

He's always looking for the ball. He has a habit of finding a spare yard of space 

If he just sharpens up when needing to hold the ball, we have a real top talent 

Re Jack Hunt, it's his third season here now as a regular starter. I must say, when we signed a guy who was out of favour at Sheffield Wednesday I didn't expect much, but he seems to be a really effective attacking full back on his day. I'm confident he'll reach 100 games for City which for me deserves respect. He's nearly at 70 I think.

8 hours ago, Matthew me said:

He just seems have slotted into the team with ease. 

He's always looking for the ball. He has a habit of finding a spare yard of space 

If he just sharpens up when needing to hold the ball, we have a real top talent 

Tins on the commentary said that TB is at his best when he moves the ball quickly but needs to know where he’s going to play the ball before it arrives.

To me that suggests that concentration is key for the lad.

He had an awkward first half but ‘ clicked ‘ in the second. 

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Tins on the commentary said that TB is at his best when he moves the ball quickly but needs to know where he’s going to play the ball before it arrives.

He did. I think the gist of it was that he`s better if he doesn`t have time to think about it. From what I`ve seen to date, I tend to agree.

Always liked Hunt, good with the ball, assists, score sometimes 2 already I think. He had most assists last season after Eliasson. He is strong and fight all games. Bakinson another sort of player, it is smoth, easy when he plays. He looks majestätisk we say in swedish, like a king. Already that good he is, nice for him to score his first goal in this leauge. If we look at our team we have lots of different players as the way they play, thats a strenght. Pitty it was the wrong man in the wrong place yesterday, thinking of the pen, never mind, the show goes on. COYR!!!

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Yep, the old saying “needs a picture of the game in his head” when receiving the ball.  Against Barnsley’s press it exposed some areas to develop.  It’s only his 4th league start.  But it is a reminder not to go get too carried away (just yet).  When you’ve got the likes of Bradley Johnson snappy around you it’s a different game.  And this is exactly why Holden was saying that we tried to play from the back (via T) too often.  You’ve got to go to Martin sometimes, pi$$ off the player hard-pressing Bakinson, who dies doggies to close him down, then sees the ball go 40 yards over his head and has to run backwards.  If Bakinson can then get beyond that man, it’s us who are then on the front foot.  It’s basic stuff really!

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Best game I've seen Hunt play for us I think. He kept it simple, limited the long balls and had some very nice dribbles forward topped off with a goal.

Almost set up Martin for an equaliser too.  Martin should’ve scored that header at the back post.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, the old saying “needs a picture of the game in his head” when receiving the ball.  Against Barnsley’s press it exposed some areas to develop.  It’s only his 4th league start.  But it is a reminder not to go get too carried away (just yet).  When you’ve got the likes of Bradley Johnson snappy around you it’s a different game.  And this is exactly why Holden was saying that we tried to play from the back (via T) too often.  You’ve got to go to Martin sometimes, pi$$ off the player hard-pressing Bakinson, who dies doggies to close him down, then sees the ball go 40 yards over his head and has to run backwards.  If Bakinson can then get beyond that man, it’s us who are then on the front foot.  It’s basic stuff really!

Almost set up Martin for an equaliser too.  Martin should’ve scored that header at the back post.

"Dies doggies "? Is that a technical term? 

A bit beyond me!

Archived