IGNORED

joe Williams

Hampshire reds

This is obviously assuming Williams is ready/for WHEN he's ready.

Didn't think either of them were particularly great today either but were OK!

Saw some good running ahead of the strikers from Weimann and Jamie Paterson throw himself at a shot!

While I disagree some people might think want to put Williams in Bakinson's role or might even think Bakinson should be dropped from the line up so the option is there!

So who is the better "8" Paterson or Weimann? I'll save some funny folks some time and say Liam Walsh is the current squad number 8.

(Remember the vote is on who to drop!)

Just now, Davefevs said:

Think it depends where he plays and how the MF3 shapes up.

Right side of Tyreeq, instead of him, who knows. 

Current formation OR with dropping one for Williams YOU get to pick the formation (still a midfield three) those three suit the best.

So you're voting on your ideal line up consisting of Williams and two of the three current starters.

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Would be interested to see Bakinson, Williams and Walsh tbh. 
Walsh in front of those two could be great. 
but as Weimann runs a lot that seems to get him into most teams!

I think that very well might be Holden's IDEAL line up from a) signing Joe Williams and b) the comments about Walsh being a major part of how we want to play.

2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I think that very well might be Holden's IDEAL line up from a

) signing Joe Williams and b) the comments about Walsh being a major part of how we want to play.

Possibly. Tbh i bet Bakinson, of the 3, wasnt in the ideal line up at the start of the season. But what a find. 
Interesting to see how it all pans out when theyre all fit. 

I would guess by the time Williams is ready for a start, Bakinson could be ready for a rest.
With Walsh near as well we have an embarrassment of riches. 

Weimann and Pato have proved me wrong so far, I thought we would be far too light weight in MF. I still think I'd like to see Williams as a base with Walsh and Pato further forward, at least now my dream of seeing Walsh, Williams & Morrell in a 3 has vanished. I thought Weimann was very good today, and there's no doubt his constant running is a big factor in our good start, will be harsh to drop him but I still think he'll have a big part to play. Maybe Pato makes way and we have Walsh/Williams/Weimann and another day Walsh/Williams/Bakinson, a long way and a lot of games to play.

I am really looking forward to seeing Williams and Walsh in a City shirt.

Pato.

A few nice moments. But he doesnt have Weimanns workrate nor Bakinsons composure.

Williams will give us that bit of grit we need, Pato lost 6 50:50's in the midfield where had he put his foot through it, Barnsley wouldnt have been able to get at us. He's been way too wasteful the last two games.

We learnt under LJ he cant play through a bad spell.

If it's a case of Bakinson or Williams, it has to be Bakinson until Williams can push him out of the team.

Unlike Johnson the tinkerman, I get the impression that Holden won't just change players for the sake of it, or because he has favourites (or players that he's signed). Every player in the team at the moment is worthy of their place- the table doesn't lie.

It's a good issue to have, because let's be honest there probably weren't many people thinking that Bakinson would have made as much of an impression so quickly!!

There will be times when players will be rested and swapped,  but the position at the moment has been taken by a young hungry player.

9 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

In a season where we will be playing two games a week, week in week out, sharing the three positions between these five players may be our ace in the pack.

There is no way players can do Saturday midweek Saturday non stop.  As you correctly said having so many decent players chomping at the bit can only be good.  We keep getting told Walsh Williams  on grass & nearly ready and before international break be ready after, I thought like now!  Seems not. 

Archived