Player Ratings (Barnsley)

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

O’Leary - 6

Vyner - 6 / Moore - 6 / Mawson - 6

Hunt - 8 / Paterson - 6 / Bakinson - 6 / Weimann - 7 / Rowe - 6

Martin - 6 / Wells - 6

Subs: Semenyo - 6 / Kalas - 6 / O’Dowda - 7

Harsh on Bakinson, Mawson and Martin.  Hunt was no better than those for me. 

Generous on COD. After all he did cost us 2 points today. 

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

O’Leary - 6

Martin - 6 / Wells - 6

Interested to know what else you thought Max could have done. Thought his kicking was good and his distribution was OK (few times it could have been quicker) but for me that knocks him down to an 8 maybe a 7 but a 6 is harsh for a keeper that made no mistakes

17 minutes ago, KentRed said:

Interested to know what else you thought Max could have done. Thought his kicking was good and his distribution was OK (few times it could have been quicker) but for me that knocks him down to an 8 maybe a 7 but a 6 is harsh for a keeper that made no mistakes

My 6/10 is a player earning his corn.

For me, Max earned his corn.  He was partially at fault for the opening goal, because he got caught flat footed.  He distributed the ball as I’d expect, he had routine saves to make.  He flapped at another back post cross, whilst taking another at full stretch.

That’s my rationale.

I have no issues if you want to give him a higher score. That’s cool.

It’s nice that Hunt has a good score and nobody has disagreed with it (so far).  I’m not his greatest fan but I feel he’s a better player than some of the comments on the forum suggest. Maybe not spectacular in every match, but steady. “Steady” might sound a bit dull but that’s what you need from defensive players.  

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

O’Leary - 6

Martin - 6 / Wells - 6

My only quibble would be the front two, I thought Martin was a 7, yet another assist, he held it up excellently again, drew a few smart fouls (was limping early on too after a poor tackle the ref somehow missed, which he certainly let him know about), he was also being marked by 2 giants, both of whom were pretty physical.

My connection was lost momentarily when Wells fluffed his chance, but seeing it again he could have done far better (imagine that was Fam?) & although a 5 would be harsh, I don’t think he contributed as much so they weren’t worth equal marks.

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My only quibble would be the front two, I thought Martin was a 7, yet another assist, he held it up excellently again, drew a few smart fouls (was limping early on too after a poor tackle the ref somehow missed, which he certainly let him know about), he was also being marked by 2 giants, both of whom were pretty physical.

My connection was lost momentarily when Wells fluffed his chance, but seeing it again he could have done far better (imagine that was Fam?) & although a 5 would be harsh, I don’t think he contributed as much so they weren’t worth equal marks.

From what I could see I also thought Martin might have been a +1 verses Wells, but Martin also missed a fairly straightforward chance in the first half (the one that is the thumbnail to the highlights reel on the OS). Also it's pretty much impossible to see what off the ball contribution strikers are making when all you get to do is follow the ball around.

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Wells was poor throughout 4/10 for me. 

Hey that’s fine.  My rationale was that I thought he played a big part in both goals, and he ran the inside left channel second half well.  I thought 5 was harsh and he squeezed a 6.  Martin for me was better than Wells but he didn’t do enough for a 7.  That’s my rules....everyone else can use their own system(s). ???

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

It’s nice that Hunt has a good score and nobody has disagreed with it (so far).  I’m not his greatest fan but I feel he’s a better player than some of the comments on the forum suggest. Maybe not spectacular in every match, but steady. “Steady” might sound a bit dull but that’s what you need from defensive players.  

When he signed I thought at long last we’ve got ourselves a proper RB who can go both ways.

Overall, he’s been a bit disappointing against my expectations.  His better games funnily enough were with Marley Watkins in front of him.

But this season he has been really good.

Archived