IGNORED

Aguero

Super

Yellow card for hand on an official, but you get the feeling she didn’t flag it or tell the ref so as to seemingly blow up the issue. She probably would have got a ton of abuse on social media if she’d called for the yellow card despite it being the rule.

I can’t imagine he’s overtly sexist but it is an indicator of an implicit bias against women in that role - he wouldn’t have done that if it was a man as I don’t recall ever seeing it. It’ll be a useful clip to educate people to become more aware of their behaviour and I’m glad it’s being highlighted.

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

He's not being aggressive is he? I've only seen the still, but he's in a position that doesn't look any different to what I would be if he was having the same conversation with anyone else.  Again, if it was a man would this even be mentioned?  So let me get this straight, you treat women differently, you get slaughtered, you treat the the same you get slaughtered.  

Has she complained? Do you know she is uncomfortable as it's not clear to me.  Just another blown out of proportion story for people to get their knickers in a twist about.  Surprised nobody as mention covid too. 

Nothing to see here move along.  

I’d recommend having a look at the clip rather than just the still. The clip is a bit more revealing about the body language.

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

He's not being aggressive is he? I've only seen the still, but he's in a position that doesn't look any different to what I would be if he was having the same conversation with anyone else.  Again, if it was a man would this even be mentioned?  So let me get this straight, you treat women differently, you get slaughtered, you treat the the same you get slaughtered.  

Has she complained? Do you know she is uncomfortable as it's not clear to me.  Just another blown out of proportion story for people to get their knickers in a twist about.  Surprised nobody as mention covid too. 

Not sure the fact he isnt being aggressive is relevant?

You see it quite often with male referees. Think it is only a story because it was a woman. It isn’t a great look where he puts his hand but to be fair think she had started moving with play again and the hand was meant as a friendly pat towards the shoulder. They are in the middle of a big game and how I saw it was he was over the top about the decision and was slightly apologising. Think how I would have handled it anyway. 

I am all for women being involved in football. So the rule needs to be universal. No touching a referee at all. It is seemingly ok for there to be pats on shoulders and fist bumps. So no matter who is out there it should either be ok or not ok. Think the reaction would have been the same for any referee so wouldn’t it be more of an issue if he didn’t? Idk what is right or wrong anymore tbf but I don’t think there was malice or any kind of intimidation going on. 

I’ve seen players touch the officials many times, possibly not so convincingly as this...around the back of the neck. Could be seen as an unconscious attempt to control and  impose authority through a passive sexual advance. Obviously it’s going to be different because it’s man/woman. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’d recommend having a look at the clip rather than just the still. The clip is a bit more revealing about the body language.

Think she is just startled as was focusing on the game. It is a bit off if you have to be nicer to her or treat her any differently than a male referee. Like I said in my post just now. Make it universal no touching or dissent towards referees. Otherwise this can be a debate so often as women become more involved in the game. 

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A man dare not even touch a woman nowadays without the fear of being accused of assault.  Some even seem to think it's a crime to look at a woman.  Get intimate and she'll try to take you for every penny she can.  The world has gone bonkers.

You’re certainly not allowed to touch a woman in a professional situation in her place of work. 

18 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Exactly this.

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think she is just startled as was focusing on the game. It is a bit off if you have to be nicer to her or treat her any differently than a male referee. Like I said in my post just now. Make it universal no touching or dissent towards referees. Otherwise this can be a debate so often as women become more involved in the game. 

It’s not about being nicer, it is about treating her professionally and with respect.

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Has she complained ? If she hasn’t then don’t feel the need to complain for her.

As others have said it wasn’t aggressive on his behalf. I agree it looked a bit creepy perhaps but she shrugged it off and got on with it. We do live in an overly sensitive world now

This is the problem, too many getting offended on behalf of others. She hasn't complained as of yet, so leave it at that

14 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A man dare not even touch a woman nowadays without the fear of being accused of assault.  Some even seem to think it's a crime to look at a woman.  Get intimate and she'll try to take you for every penny she can.  The world has gone bonkers.

The 1970s called, it wants its' views back.

I've seen it happen many of times with male referees. Never a word said.So its being blown up as she is a women? Why should that matter? The fact she's running the line shows that gender isn't an issue. 

Same old press completely blowing things out of proportion. Its popular to do these days, whether its race, gender, sexual preference. The shit world we live in i'm afraid.

19 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It’s not about being nicer, it is about treating her professionally and with respect.

And you see the same thing with male refs. Everyone reading far too much into it. He didn’t treat her any differently than he would a linesman. No one bats an eyelid when players scream at refs to **** off but a friendly pat on the shoulder to a lineswoman and everyone goes mental. 

Archived