IGNORED

Barnsley fans not impressed with our players...

LondonBristolian

Was just looking on the Barnsley message board to see if there is any update on the injured lad and saw this. It's about video footage of Kalas and Moore appearing to scuff up the penalty spot whilst their guy was down injured.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/cheating-bristol-players.296582/

I suspect it goes on all the time in the game but have to admit it doesn't exactly cover us in glory. I recognise that, in the past, we've been a lot less street-wise than some other teams and teams such as Preston and Cardiff have tended to get one over us due to being more willing than we have been to engage in shithouse behaviour. And I get that, if other teams are wiling to gain any advantage they can, then we lose out by not doing the same. But, at the same time, I really wish this sort of thing wasn't in the game at all. 

29 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Was just looking on the Barnsley message board to see if there is any update on the injured lad and saw this. It's about video footage of Kalas and Moore appearing to scuff up the penalty spot whilst their guy was down injured.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/cheating-bristol-players.296582/

I suspect it goes on all the time in the game but have to admit it doesn't exactly cover us in glory. I recognise that, in the past, we've been a lot less street-wise than some other teams and teams such as Preston and Cardiff have tended to get one over us due to being more willing than we have been to engage in shithouse behaviour. And I get that, if other teams are wiling to gain any advantage they can, then we lose out by not doing the same. But, at the same time, I really wish this sort of thing wasn't in the game at all. 

If roles were reversed they would be loving the ‘sh*thousery’. Barnsley fans are a weird lot!

Love it. Shows the players care and want do anything for 3 points for this club..

why on earth would anyone care about what Barnsley think? If they want to talk about poor sportsmanship I’d say celebrating Wildy at staying in the league because of Wigan’s administration is vile and disgusting. Much worse then stepping over the penalty spot.. 

52 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Loved it. Shows how competitive they are. Been going on against us for years. So pleased Chino deno has that grit, it clearly transfers to the players. For all his lack of experience, he clearly knows the English game. Shame he didn't sky it! Well done lads ?

Holden uses the ‘ margins’ that have an affect on the game.

Chris Martin is a horrible footballer to play against, he goes down like hungry tart but by Bob it’s affective.

I hated it when we faced him but appreciate the skill he has and his experience to gain possession for the team. 

We don’t have a team of top six Prem players so we have to exploit every possibility we have to gain the advantage. 

Let’s talk about fair play when refs and the FA are being fair to unfashionable clubs like ours. 

Who cares what Barnsley fans think? The only fans I can think of who are actually on a par with Rovers fans. Look at Nightmare yesterday. Turns nasty in a split second. Not to mention the lunatic who wanted Gary Johnson dead. I would ban all Barnsley fans from this forum tbh.

The only City fans crying about this are the ones who can’t get over the result yesterday. Everyone else has moved on.

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

One thing I would say is I think Woodrow looks a handy player nowadays. Think he will improve with age and be a Martin/Wilbraham type. They're lucky they have him, otherwise they are dead certs to go down. He is a thorn in our side

???

24 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

Love it. Shows the players care and want do anything for 3 points for this club..

why on earth would anyone care about what Barnsley think? If they want to talk about poor sportsmanship I’d say celebrating Wildy at staying in the league because of Wigan’s administration is vile and disgusting. Much worse then stepping over the penalty spot.. 

Agreed. Something we have been missing at this club for many years is a squad of players and a manager willing to do whatever it takes to win. Love to see it to be honest.

Imagine being bitter at a club for taking Lee Johnson away. They should have our flag flying somewhere in their stadium. 

Seriously though, what an odd bunch. Had a look about the penalty and they were all saying he was head hunting and leading with his elbow/forearm. Overall just seriously unpleasant group. 

I'm looking forward to the day that we have a reputation amongst all other clubs supporters of being hard, nasty bastardd to play against, whilst playing decent football to beat them that way. 

You don't need to be Warnock or Pulis style anti-football, to be streetwise and tough opponents. 

1 hour ago, dREDful said:

Loving the new nasty City personally!

Being tougher, more combative and competitive and applying better game manangement, yes. 

What I suspect the majority of us won't want to see is unsavoury and blatent gamesmanship such as simulation/diving, and I think scuffing up the penalty spot comes into this category. 

Just now, Northern Red said:

As long as we have no complaints when teams do it to us, I fail to see the issue.

Think QPR did it against us in 2019 when Fam scored a late pen.

Iceland vs England last month no one complained when James Ward-Prowse did it. Barnsley fans probably didnt moan then

1 hour ago, dREDful said:

Loving the new nasty City personally!

I am out of likes but completely agree.

One of our weaknesses has been not mastering the dark arts of shithousery, something all the top teams in the Championship do.

It might not be fair or proper but if you want to compete you have to do it. This is all small marginal gains stuff and can make a difference in a season. 

44 minutes ago, 2015 said:

One thing I would say is I think Woodrow looks a handy player nowadays. Think he will improve with age and be a Martin/Wilbraham type. They're lucky they have him, otherwise they are dead certs to go down. He is a thorn in our side

Remember some on here slagging him off when he played for us & a few maintaining he wasn’t as good as Matty Taylor.

Ok then..

Archived