IGNORED

Barnsley fans not impressed with our players...

LondonBristolian

37 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Our players shouldn't be doing that and our fans shouldn't be defending it. It's cheating.

Completely agree. Don't worry though. Those same fans on here defending it will suddenly have morals when it gets done to us and we end up dropping points. They'll be on here moaning about cheats and how it needs to be stamped out. 

At the moment though it's ok, as it's us doing it to other teams.

33 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

You have to cheat to compete.  Everyone else does.

No, you don't.

What we had to do to compete yesterday was not give away a stupid penalty.

Cocking about with the penalty spot had no impact except to make us look bad.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Latcher said:

On the contrary, it would appear you are in the majority. Un-sportsmanship like behaviour seems to be condoned in this thread.

It happens frequently on penalties, it's part of the game, stop being so outraged about something so minor.

I just saw some of the tweets Barnsley FC and even Cauley Woodrow have tweeted they really are an embarrassing bunch. 

All strikes me of little man syndrome. Couple of them been harassing me on Twitter and all, quite amusing really.

Bottom line is that gamesmanship is part of the game, we’ve been begging our lot to be a bit dirtier because if you can’t beat them, join em. Now they are, and rattling other clubs, can’t say that’s a bad thing.

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Bout time a city side grew balls 

It takes balls to be physically strong in challenges and especially when faced with teams prepared to push physicality to the limits ( and beyond).

It takes balls to be mentally strong to come back from an early goal and to see out games when under intense pressure or counter teams prepared to intimidate and cheat.

I doesn’t take balls to scuff up the penalty spot before a penalty.

If we try the same tactics with a penalty awarded earlier in a game I suspect it would wind/fire up the opposition whether or not they score, creating exactly the wrong reaction.

I’m all for our players showing more edge but there’s a fine line between gamesmanship and blatant cheating.

Personally would be disappointed if this is something that DH encourages/praises internally, doesn’t reflect well on us. 

Some right hypocrites on here, can you imagine the meltdown if say a Warnock side did this to us. 

33 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Get a grip ffs ???

Got one thanks.

For those who seem to have trouble with the morals of this, here's a simple rule: if you wouldn't coach 7 yr olds to do it, then it shouldn't be done.

Not surprising cheating is so rife in the game when you have so many fans who can't see the difference between hard but fair and cheating.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m all for our players showing more edge but there’s a fine line between gamesmanship and blatant cheating.

Personally would be disappointed if this is something that DH encourages/praises internally, doesn’t reflect well on us. 

Some right hypocrites on here, can you imagine the meltdown if say a Warnock side did this to us. 

This

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Got one thanks.

For those who seem to have trouble with the morals of this, here's a simple rule: if you wouldn't coach 7 yr olds to do it, then it shouldn't be done.

Not surprising cheating is so rife in the game when you have so many fans who can't see the difference between hard but fair and cheating.

...and this.

I’m not in favour of this stuff at all.  It’s a bit pointless.  When I placed a ball for a penalty, I looked at the spot and saw how the ball lay on the surface.  On occasion the ball moved into a little rut / divot, so I picked the ball up, “repaired” the surface and then took the penalty.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not in favour of this stuff at all.  It’s a bit pointless.  When I placed a ball for a penalty, I looked at the spot and saw how the ball lay on the surface.  On occasion the ball moved into a little rut / divot, so I picked the ball up, “repaired” the surface and then took the penalty.

It’s just a nonsense to try and déstabilise the penalty taker. It’s a sort of ‘ ownership ‘ of the turf. As you point out the pen taker will check the placement before taking the kick anyway.

I am all in favour of mind games against the opposition. The majority of games are won ‘ mentally ‘ so stir them up a bit. 

As others have pointed out if it’s against the rules the ref will sort it out . 

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Got one thanks.

It’s gamesmanship , it happens 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Hardly a fair comparison 

Cheating to score a goal through unsporting behaviour is pretty comparable to cheating to prevent a goal through unsporting behaviour I'd say.

If all you're suggesting is that we should have different rules for "us" and "them" I guess we're not really debating anything.

Archived