IGNORED

Barnsley fans not impressed with our players...

LondonBristolian

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

Cheating to score a goal through unsporting behaviour is pretty comparable to cheating to prevent a goal through unsporting behaviour I'd say.

If all you're suggesting is that we should have different rules for "us" and "them" I guess we're not really debating anything.

So by your logic. Placing the ball outside the quadrant At a corner  or steal a few extra feet at a throw is cheating . Talking to a penalty taker to put him off, is that cheating ? 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

So by your logic. Placing the ball outside the quadrant At a corner  or steal a few extra feet at a throw is cheating . Talking to a penalty taker to put him off, is that cheating ? 

Putting the ball in the wrong place is cheating.  Talking to a penalty taker isn't, unless they're in their run up.

I'm not sure what your definition of cheating is but the simplest one is "deliberately breaking the rules to gain advantage". 

There's no need to do it, it's cheap, crap to watch and the sign of a player without the belief to win properly.

2 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

Didn't work though did it?  Next time, I want to see Kalas digging a massive trench with a JCB.  Hopefully that might do the trick

Very true, trouble is if this had been the same Cauley Woodrow that played for us 3 seasons ago taking the penalty, you can be pretty sure it would have sailed over the bar, digging or no digging!  I seem to remember a horrendous air-kick shot (at QPR?) when it would have been easier to tap in to the goal.

Wonder if the Barnsley player had dived to win that penalty what the reaction would be.

Sure everyone here defending our players would be saying "Well done, very streetwise!". "Good job Barnsley, it's always happened so what's the problem with it!" and so on.

I think not. It was cheating.

16 hours ago, Nibor said:

Putting the ball in the wrong place is cheating.  Talking to a penalty taker isn't, unless they're in their run up.

I'm not sure what your definition of cheating is but the simplest one is "deliberately breaking the rules to gain advantage". 

There's no need to do it, it's cheap, crap to watch and the sign of a player without the belief to win properly.

Have you ever by you’re description cheated in any aspect of your life , in sport. I used to be a defender. I constantly used to pull a strikers shirt down at corners to stop them jumping or stand on their foot . It stopped them scoring . It’s part of the game . If you Want to  take the moral high ground then perhaps football or even sport isn’t for you. It’s human nature to seek a advantage .

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Have you ever by you’re description cheated in any aspect of your life , in sport. I used to be a defender. I constantly used to pull a strikers shirt down at corners to stop them jumping or stand on their foot . It stopped them scoring . It’s part of the game . If you Want to  take the moral high ground then perhaps football or even sport isn’t for you. It’s human nature to seek a advantage .

I used to score for fun against defenders that relied on cheating back when I played, they did it because they were too slow or too weak.

Cheating didn't work for our players on the weekend either did it?

I'm not taking a moral high ground here, you're taking a moral low ground.  I want to see better standards from our team.

9 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I used to score for fun against defenders that relied on cheating back when I played, they did it because they were too slow or too weak.

I'm not taking a moral high ground here, you're taking a moral low ground.  I want to see better standards from our team.

What I don’t want to see is our team being turned over by streetwise players because we have been too nice. 

We were crying out for a bit of savvy in the club as our lovely humans were dropping down the table last year. 

We’ve now got that and look where we are in the division at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What I don’t want to see is our team being turned over by streetwise players because we have been too nice.

We were crying out for a bit of savvy in the club as our lovely humans were dropping down the table last year.

We’ve now got that and look where we are in the division at the moment.

Streetwise is usually just code for cheating.  We haven't ever had a team that didn't cheat enough, we have had teams that were too soft.

I want to see our players going in hard, 100% with commitment and making sure opponents know they've been in the game.

I don't want them diving, feigning injury, mucking about with the penalty spot or trying to get opponents carded.

It's not like this is particularly hard to understand, the line is easy to see.

21 minutes ago, Nibor said:

They did it because it was sunday league mate

surely this is/should be a mute debate in that A) he scored and B) he should be professional enough to check condition of spot and ball placement before he takes (which he may well of gone on to do).

The real crime of the weekend was Pickford's assault on Van Dijk's knee, putting a fellow professional out for the season (potentially).

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

You obviously didn’t play against me then squire 

Archived