IGNORED

Did any one know Simon Mann(cricket and 5 live)was a City fan?

Never to the dark side

3 hours ago, Bobbie said:

Yes, he quite often mentions us on TMS 

When on with Vic Marks, they often get chatting about the City. There was an Ashes series down under a few years back, middle of the night, a break in play, Simon and Vic on, and it was all Bristol City for about ten minutes! 

Michael Vaughan likes to tease Simon about "Bristol," only nowadays we are the superior club than "Vaughnie's" "Sheffield." Graham Swanny-whistle likes to "banter" with Simon about Bristol too, but mostly so as he can trot out his cod/pan-West Country ooo-arrr hilarious comedy accent routine. Bants!

Last summer, when asked by (I think) "Vaughnie" what his Mastermind special subject would be, he said: Bristol City 1976-1980.

Simon was at Bradford last time, @Never to the dark side, so you must've bumped into him there that night. You were probably arms all over and around each other going mental as the goals flew in.

11 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Well I didn't,

he was born in Bristol in 1963,

and will be having a Q and A session with Geoff Twentyman on sounds of the City at 6pm on Monday night.

Don't even know who Simon Mann is TBH

20 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes, had a few Twitter conversations over the years about City with him. 

I remember him saying when he was on one tour abroad how he wasn't the only media member out there that was a city fan, along with Marcus Trescothic of course.

Colin Bateman, former cricket reporter for the Daily Express, now a novelist, is also a big City fan.

He will have covered all the tours & so is probably who Simon is referring to.

Vic Marks, although a Somerset legend, is from the South of the county & much more of a rugby man than a football follower.

Archived