IGNORED

Euro Premier League

bcfc01

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not too soon. Be bloody typical if we finally reach the Premier League and find that Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal etc have all gone! 

Meh, without fans as it stands won't make much of a difference to me and the endless gloating from glory hunters if we lose heavily would be irritating. I would be happy with just 1 season up there just to say we got up there, but the Premier League in general has a very plastic feel to it.

My initial reaction is - let ‘em get on with it.

Football needs a reset.  As a fan of City (yeah, yeah, I support Liverpool too), any restructured English League with a fairer distribution of money sits well with me.

I think the European League will eventually become multi-tiered as some teams become stronger and other weaker....and the competition will stretch, leading to a poorer product.  Assuming no feeder league / relegation / promotion, then I think it ultimately fails from a football point of view even if it succeeds financially.

Let the big 6 go.  14+72 = 86...add in some non-league and go 22/22/24/24, back to 92.

And people wondered why Liverpool and Utd were happy to propose EFL getting 25% of the premier league TV revenue going forward haha, nice little side deal to ensure their own TV revenue wouldn't drop but everyone outside the top 6's would. This doesn't sound like them leaving the premier league for people who've questioned that it sounds like a champions league replacement. 16 teams or so, round robin group stage and then knockouts based on league position or something. Guaranteed income by everyone playing each other to start with.

I've kind of lost any care I have in the Premier League plans. Do what you want, it doesn't matter.

It goes one of two ways. Sky etc. pull out a majority of the money they have in the Premier League and place it into this Euro League and we get domestic football back to a more reasonable working man's sport, bit less money going around and so teams have to learn to spend properly. Or, they breakaway elsewhere and it doesn't work out properly for them, they still get money but it doesn't have that magic that domestic competition does, they come wanting back in and we hold them to ransom.

Let them roll with it.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

And people wondered why Liverpool and Utd were happy to propose EFL getting 25% of the premier league TV revenue going forward haha, nice little side deal to ensure their own TV revenue wouldn't drop but everyone outside the top 6's would. This doesn't sound like them leaving the premier league for people who've questioned that it sounds like a champions league replacement. 16 teams or so, round robin group stage and then knockouts based on league position or something. Guaranteed income by everyone playing each other to start with.

It said 30 matches....for me that says they leave the PL.

Just now, TBW said:

I've kind of lost any care I have in the Premier League plans. Do what you want, it doesn't matter.

It goes one of two ways. Sky etc. pull out a majority if the money they have in the Premier League and place it into this Euro League and we get domestic football back to a more reasonable working man's sport, bit less money going around and so teams have to learn to spend properly. Or, they breakaway elsewhere and it doesn't work out properly for them, they still get money but it doesn't have that magic that domestic competition does, they come wanting back in and we hold them to ransom.

Let them roll with it.

Boom ? 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It said 30 matches....for me that says they leave the PL.

Sources said that FIFA, football's world governing body, had been involved in developing the new format, which is expected to comprise up to 18 teams, and involve fixtures played during the regular European season.

5 minutes ago, TBW said:

It goes one of two ways. Sky etc. pull out a majority of the money they have in the Premier League and place it into this Euro League and we get domestic football back to a more reasonable working man's sport, bit less money going around and so teams have to learn to spend properly. Or, they breakaway elsewhere and it doesn't work out properly for them, they still get money but it doesn't have that magic that domestic competition does, they come wanting back in and we hold them to ransom.

Let them roll with it.

The more people boycott sky sports and Bt sport the better, it wont happen though as there are too many glory hunters. Let the rest of us play the people's game and not the elite franchised clubs

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Noted it also says there could be up to as many as 5 teams involved initially from England..... so who're the ones left out..... Liverpool and Utd involved with negotiating so definitely not them. 

Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal I imagine.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My initial reaction is - let ‘em get on with it.

Football needs a reset.  As a fan of City (yeah, yeah, I support Liverpool too), any restructured English League with a fairer distribution of money sits well with me.

I think the European League will eventually become multi-tiered as some teams become stronger and other weaker....and the competition will stretch, leading to a poorer product.  Assuming no feeder league / relegation / promotion, then I think it ultimately fails from a football point of view even if it succeeds financially.

Let the big 6 go.  14+72 = 86...add in some non-league and go 22/22/24/24, back to 92.

Don't forget this scenario Dave:

In 2024-25 Bristol City finally achieve promotion to the Premier League.

But there is no visit to Old Trafford, Anfield or the Emirates to get excited about.

No, the high profile teams in our top flight are Everton, Leicester and Wolves.

How do Bristol City fans feel, having waited all that time to not only miss out on the most exciting fixtures, but also no parachute payments on the way down.

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal I imagine.

Spurs or Arsenal is the question. 

16 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Sources said that FIFA, football's world governing body, had been involved in developing the new format, which is expected to comprise up to 18 teams, and involve fixtures played during the regular European season.

I.e. August to May....not “as well as”.  That’s how I read it.

Just now, mozo said:

But there is no visit to Old Trafford, Anfield or the Emirates to get excited about.

How do Bristol City fans feel, having waited all that time to not only miss out on the most exciting fixtures, but also no parachute payments on the way down.

Don't care. I follow Bristol City, not Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Besides, if those clubs have defected then it gives other English clubs more opportunities to win honours and so their opportunities at signing better players increases.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Spurs or Arsenal is the question. 

Those clubs haven’t always been the big fish....teams, dominance changes over periods of time.

Bring on Goodison and the King Power.

What the American owners of Liverpool and Man Utd want is a similar model to that of the NFL. Elite European football club franchises, having a closed shop to anyone who isn't one of them. I say let them go and carry on, and take the plastics with them

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I.e. August to May....not “as well as”.  That’s how I read it.

I remember sky sports talking about the idea with project big picture and could it lead to this, they were of the thinking the teams would probably stay in their domestic leagues but then assemble basically a PL squad and a euro PL squad

1 minute ago, TBW said:

Don't care. I follow Bristol City, not Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Besides, if those clubs have defected then it gives other English clubs more opportunities to win honours and so their opportunities at signing better players increases.

Beating Man U in the league cup was just another game to you?

Seeing Mourinho and Guardiola in the dug out at Ashton Gate meant nothing?

Pogba, Aguero, DeBruyne and Ibrahimovic on the AG turf is not different than any other top flight players?

We differ there buddy!

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Beating Man U in the league cup was just another game to you?

Seeing Mourinho and Guardiola in the dug out at Ashton Gate meant nothing?

Pogba, Aguero, DeBruyne and Ibrahimovic on the AG turf is not different than any other top flight players?

We differ there buddy!

I'd rather gain promotion against teams like Reading and Millwall than worry about a League Cup Quarter Final win.

Gotta pay your dues to get to the top instead of worrying about a nice day out once in a while.

If you'd rather see those players every week, go glory hunting. Plenty of people do.

Just now, Lrrr said:

I remember sky sports talking about the idea with project big picture and could it lead to this, they were of the thinking the teams would probably stay in their domestic leagues but then assemble basically a PL squad and a euro PL squad

Give them an ultimatum!!  Allowing this would distort the Pyramid more.  This is actually have your B Team in the Prem, rather than lower down the pyramid.  Tell em to eff off.

Archived