IGNORED

City v Middlesbrough Matchday Thread

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

We need to get on the front foot somehow second half.  Need to shake things up as that was Piss poor 

Need someone creative to get things ticking in the middle. If Brunt's up to it, get him in. But makes decisions to farm Morrell and Palmer out look a bit shaky.

1st half summary:

Not much goalmouth action.  We are passing the ball better around the back 3 than Saturday.  Boro MF3 plus Roberts working incredibly hard to stop passing lanes, therefore Vyner been our best opportunity to get forward.  Rowe almost in a couple of times too.

Morsy doing a m2m job on Pato.

Don't think Boro's MF will keep up this workrate.  Not a game to chase.  Keep patient, keep Akpom away from danger area - 1-0 does this.

Boro certainly not long ball as I mentioned in my preview.

Need to be a bit cuter in midfield for me. All to easy at the moment for them to snuff out our attacks. Andi and Pato need to step up here, start getting involved and link thinks up to give Boro something to think about. Backnson needs to concentrate on passing and positioning. 

Could go either way as Boro are a tidy outfit. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Would have started Semenyo. Give it 15 mins and if Wells is the same then that change needs to be made.

And O'Dowda on for Pato if he doesn't improve.

It's not halloween yet, why is Owers dressed like a Victorian news boy?

Of course we’ve been very poor so far but amazing negativity on here tonight from a set of supporters whose team are UNEXPECTEDLY top of the league. It’s like a few of you get off on finding the most damning description of the team you “support” as possible.

One bad 45 and it’s back to the LJ days already?.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Not much goalmouth action.  We are passing the ball better around the back 3 than Saturday.  Boro MF3 plus Roberts working incredibly hard to stop passing lanes, therefore Vyner been our best opportunity to get forward.  Rowe almost in a couple of times too.

Don't think Boro's MF will keep up this workrate.  Not a game to chase.  Keep patient, keep Akpom away from danger area - 1-0 does this.

Fair assessment. Think we’ve just been a bit sloppy in the final third with passing, coupled with lack of options.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Of course we’ve been very poor so far but amazing negativity on here tonight from a set of supporters whose team are UNEXPECTEDLY top of the league. It’s like a few of you get off on finding the most damning description of the team you “support” as possible.

One bad 45 and it’s back to the LJ days already?.

Just saying we have been shit. Calm down 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Not much goalmouth action.  We are passing the ball better around the back 3 than Saturday.  

They're sitting off our back three and letting them have the ball, that Vynewr run at the end of the half shows it, our CBS are the outlet ball, and they need to step up this game.

Boro MF3 plus Roberts working incredibly hard to stop passing lanes, therefore Vyner been our best opportunity to get forward.  Rowe almost in a couple of times too.

Their best chance came from getting about Rowe and behind him, great positioning from Vyner to prevent an easy goal.

Are they working that hard? We don't appear to be working that hard tbh. Lots of jogging not running.

Warnock's good. Organised, competitive, nullified us while creating opportunities. We've been pretty awful with the ball.

No first half summary can be compelte without pointing out how lazy and poor Wells' play has been IMO!

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Just saying we have been shit. Calm down 

I’m calm but some of it is a bit more dramatic than that if you read it. Warnock has done a job on us so far, it happens. Hardly comparable to the week in, week out dross we endured from the last manager during his last 18 months or so........

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Don’t think we’ve committed the two wide centre-halves forward enough. Been a few times a give and go has looked on. Just need to play a bit quicker, either way.

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well that was poor. Boro look half decent. Bakinson has at least shown he’s human and Wells is proving my theory that he should score zero for every attribute in FM, except for finishing in which he gets 20. 

Been playing FM at half time  coincidentally against Boro, and I've just taken Wells off at half time because he was shit in that too.

Ended 1-1. Boro own goal, then Roberts with a late equaliser.

Archived