IGNORED

City v Middlesbrough Matchday Thread

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Nights like this are going to happen. What matters is how we respond and that's the real test of Holden and the players.

After a lacklustre performance v Barnsley and a defeat tonight. I'll be very disappointed if there aren't a few changes come Swansea. 

I was surprised the midfield 3 worked so well for those first few games. Tonight was more in line with what I expected in those games in terms of midfield presence. That 3 needs looking at.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Can anyone genuinely say we’ve completely dominated any game this season? For me, we’ve scraped wins. We’ve had good spells, but did we ever look like a team that should have only dropped two points up until tonight? Not a chance. 

We weren’t very good tonight... but it’s early days for DH’s team. 

Its. Ice to be back down to earth, but I’m not sure we’d be comfortable being top two, I’d snap your hand off for 6th right now the way we’re playing. 

Stoke and Forest first half we should’ve been 3 or 4 up

Bad night, the worst part may be Mawson’s injury if as bad as it looked. Moore’s mistake poor of course. Need to get Williams and Walsh fit. More importantly though need to stop the rot quickly, i.e. not go on a LJ style losing streak. Only bright side was not having to pay £10 to watch that. 

I didn't see that coming.

I really hope that Mawson's injury is not as serious as it seems, because it would be a huge blow; I also think that Holden should change his philosophy about midfield, because we need more energy in that area, if not for 90 minutes, at least for 45, and players like Nagy and Massengo can do the job.

Time to fix some issues, or we'll struggle in many matches.

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

Worst game I think I've ever seen. I'm not sure what was boring; our passing, Middlesbroughs tactics or the commentator.

Also, Rowe needs to be fined/dropped for that free kick. 99th minute and he passes it back to the goalie. Disgusting.

Probably too straight in the middle to get an angle Into the box, you either take a player out of the box or use the keeper, Bentley could have been closer which made it look worse. Can’t blame Rowe for that

Just now, Red white and red said:

Playing for set-pieces, taking time with every dead ball, feigning injury, kicking the ball away at every moment. 

yeah, sounds like a Warnock team to me. 

Every side in this division winning 0-1 away from home would be doing the same. Guarantee we will be doing the same at Swansea next week if we get the chance.

We lost the game because of our performance tonight, not the opposition. 

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Bad night, the worst part may be Mawson’s injury if as bad as it looked. Moore’s mistake poor of course. Need to get Williams and Walsh fit. More importantly though need to stop the rot quickly, i.e. not go on a LJ style losing streak. Only bright side was not having to pay £10 to watch that. 

Speak for yourself. Knew I should've watched the Champions League! :laugh:

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

I didn't see that coming.

I really hope that Mawson's injury is not as serious as it seems, because it would be a huge blow; I also think that Holden should change his philosophy about midfield, because we need more energy in that area, if not for 90 minutes, at least for 45, and players like Nagy and Massengo can do the job.

Time to fix some issues, or we'll struggle in many matches.

The mawson injury looks like a season ender unfortunately 

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I have to be honest and say I can think of several as bad or worse. It was an unwelcome throwback to some of our worst performances last season but not quite as bad as you make out. 

I’m not so sure.....I can’t think of one player who comes out with an credit tonight and if Holden is true to his word there should be changes for Saturday.

A typical Warnock team display there, not pretty to watch. A shame we couldn't adapt to this but with no longer having flare players such as Palmer/Eliasson on the bench has a big impact on the ability to be more direct.

We still are yet to have Walsh and Williams and really miss DaSilva's attacking play, this is only our first loss now it is how the players respond and if Holden continues with the same players/tactics now the league know how he likes to play.

I am not intentionally trying to be too downbeat.?......but `i hiope you all has a good look at the table prior to tonight, because we will not be top again this season.  Howver when we get a few players back from their injuries I am sure we can get in  or around the playoffs.   Swansea on Saturday will be a big test

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Number one fan everybody

I still want the team to perform but the last two games that I saw, were rubbish. That is the truth. Maybe it will get better next months. 

We still have 40 games to go, I think we can fight for a play off place somehow, or a top 10 at least. That doesn't make me a "fake fan". I just say what I think. 

Saying nice things about a lost game in this manner is not an option, if you are not harsh you can't get better. Football is a game for mens, and the fans can scream as long as they have to when something is not working out well.

Archived