IGNORED

City v Middlesbrough Matchday Thread

6 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I don't support an organisation that defends criminality which is what the rioters and monument destroyers have done, but I respect their point of view. Sorry you can't see that.

Nor does anyone else. The "organisation" you refer to does not exist. BLM is a slogan, not an organised movement. Yes, someone has set up a BLM UK website or Twitter feed or whatever but I could very easily set up a Twitter account calling myself "True Bristol City fan" and it wouldn't suddenly make me the official voice of Bristol City fans or some kind of Bristol City supporters organisation.

Being honest, you're being a tad gullible in letting people convince you Black Lives Matter is an organisation. It isn't. 

Dreadful performance. 

Bakinson worse game so far. 

Paterson and Weimann couldn’t string any decent passes together. 

What was worrying for me was Famara didn’t seem to give a !!!! when he came on. 

Screaming out for Walsh and Williams to be match fit soon. 

To add to it all we are bound to hear Mawson out for 6/8 weeks, you just know it 

9 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Personally I think the effect has now been totally diluted because it has almost gone from protest / acknowledgement / message to pre-game ritual. For example a minutes silence / applause is still respected because the occurrence is few and far between, this has now been every game since the return from lockdown. 

Received three replies so far, this one has earnt my respect, I do not begrudge this opinion when you have a plausible and genuine reason.

11 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Fair play to Boro?  Are you serious?

Totally.

They were nasty and cynical

are they meant to come here and let us play the way we want to?

and the time-wasting was amongst the worst I’ve ever seen.

yes, that bit was bad, but I don’t see what else they did wrong, their keeper is a <insert word>, we know that from his Fulham days.  The ref added on another 2 mins on top of the 6.

They were the antithesis of fair play and thank god I don’t have to watch that every week.

they played far slicker football than us tonight.  Roberts, Spence and Akpom caused us a lot of problems.  Morsy outstanding stopping Pato.

There’s nothing commendable in the way Boro played tonight, and I’m not surprised we couldn’t break them down.  A horrible team.

I genuinely don’t see what the argument is except the time wasting.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

5 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

@Posset red @alandicks @luke_bristol

Give me one good reason why not to take the knee

Because where does it start and where does it end? To my mind it’s not actually calling for anything other than giving another human respect, which I already do.

If taking a knee could actually articulate the change it was trying to facilitate, I could understand it. As it is, it’s like saying ‘ take a knee if you think racism is bad’. I think that already, we think that already, this country thinks that already.

You cannot or will not stop some of the horrible, bigoted tendencies of some humans, in every single country in this world. It’s a vile survivalist like trait that exists everywhere.

All you can do is in your own way strive to ensure that the colour of somebody’s skin is given the consideration it’s minuscule amount of the genome deserves and instead give your attention and consideration to the person they are. Strive to ensure that the country you live in legislates for equity of opportunity and not outcome and punishes those adequately who we feel do not live by these values.

We are fortunate to live in Western Europe, as these countries strive to ensure that and protect it, and do so as well as any country can right now. The number and origin of the refugees and asylum seekers who risk their lives daily to get here are testament to that.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Anyone know where Pato went at half time? Didn't do much in the first half, but I had to keep checking that he was still on the pitch in the second.

I seriously started to wonder if he had been subbed at half time and I had missed it, but just could not work out who had replaced him.  Then he took a throw in in the last five minutes! 

Just now, Dolman Block B said:

Dreadful performance. 

Bakinson worse game so far. 

Paterson and Weimann couldn’t string any decent passes together. 

What was worrying for me was Famara didn’t seem to give a !!!! when he came on. 

Screaming out for Walsh and Williams to be match fit soon. 

To add to it all we are bound to hear Mawson out for 6/8 weeks, you just know it 

I have a feeling Mawson will be out for longer than that.  I suspect that’s the last we’ll see if him.  His expression suggested he knew his season was over.  

I thought Fam was ok.  Timing was unfortunate - he was brought on to find a winner, but we conceded immediately and Boro pulled all 11 men back, so he was bashing his head pretty much against a brick wall.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Because where does it start and where does it end? To my mind it’s not actually calling for anything other than giving another human respect, which I already do.

If taking a knee could actually articulate the change it was trying to facilitate, I could understand it. As it is, it’s like saying ‘ take a knee if you think racism is bad’. I think that already, we think that already, this country thinks that already.

You cannot or will not stop some of the horrible, bigoted tendencies of some humans, in every single country in this world. It’s a vile survivalist like trait that exists everywhere.

All you can do is in your own way strive to ensure that the colour of somebody’s skin is given the consideration it’s minuscule amount of the genome deserves and instead give your attention and consideration to the person they are. Strive to ensure that the country you live in legislates for equity of opportunity and not outcome and punishes those adequately who we feel do not live by these values.

We are fortunate to live in Western Europe, as these countries strive to ensure that and protect it, and do so as well as any country can right now. The number and origin of the refugees and asylum seekers who risk their lives daily to get here are testament to that.

Don’t know why you or I need to answer to him or anyone. Just like the players either do or don’t want to do it 

11 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Our passing in the last two games has been atrocious, many many balls don’t reach a City team mate which immediately puts the opposition in the driving seat free of charge 

Yes this is the most worrying part. I was pleased with our passing in the first 4 matches. 

The movement in and around the box seemed as if they had all been on seperate training sessions. It went beyond being on a different wave length. There were potentially some good moves but every time the intended receiver of the ball appeared to be dodging out of the way?

23 minutes ago, pillred said:

it has to end sometime don't you think by now the point has been made?

Well no, I've been arguing for racial equality for over forty years. Many have been fighting for it for far longer. So no, until the problem goes away and people stop discriminating, let's carry on, yeah? 

Rude Boys. 

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Nor does anyone else. The "organisation" you refer to does not exist. BLM is a slogan, not an organised movement. Yes, someone has set up a BLM UK website or Twitter feed or whatever but I could very easily set up a Twitter account calling myself "True Bristol City fan" and it wouldn't suddenly make me the official voice of Bristol City fans or some kind of Bristol City supporters organisation.

Being honest, you're being a tad gullible in letting people convince you Black Lives Matter is an organisation. It isn't. 

https://blacklivesmatter.uk

It's political and no one has convinced me it's an organisation, because it is. They intend to change government structures and push far left ideolegies.

Black lives do matter, just sadly you will always get a few idiots about who are bigots. You also get black bigots, muslim bigots, latin bigots, asian bigots.

We are lucky we live in a society that accepts all and we have come a long way since the days of National Front movements. 

I don't even need to show the stats but more White people were killed by cops in 2019 than Black people in USA. 18 White. 9 Black. Police have an issue with brutality in general and some cops may be racist.

Seldom I get angry but that Bentley- Moore thing get me mad. Horrible is the word. From a young kid you know that the last man dont dribble. And what was Bentley doing? Pass the ball straight forward in our central box. Instead of pass the ball back our player tries to dribble. It is so bad that I dont comment the situation anymore. When things like that happen a team deserves to lose. The game had 0-0 written. Dont care about way of playing their manager and so on. This was more than dreadful. Maybe Im a dinousar but the ball still have to go forward. Only time I went angry is when we make silly, a kind word, things in our box. This I will never forget. Anyway another game on saturday COYR!!!

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Valid argument. I think the knee taking in football is key and should still be prominent however, the impact it has had has been successful as football is a worldwide sport with immense popularity, therefore racists football fans (while a very small minority here) do exist. A global superstar kneeling down and showing they are against racism will influence millions of children growing up in predominantly racist areas and will give a strong sense of second view , no one is born a racist, influence is key. The influence while not coming into play overwhelmingly now may do later and in years to come, as future generations grow up with the understanding it has absolutely no place in society. One small step can make a big impact. 

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think your use of the word ‘lazy’ is uncalled for.  Taylor Moore made a misjudgement, but not out of laziness.  He’s young and all players make mistakes.  Give him (and Bakinson) a break.

There’s lazy of thought and lazy in physicality.

Bakinson was worrying me in the first half as he didn't look 100% on it, 95% maybe, but that’s not good enough. He needed to be 100% when he received that ball in the second half near the half way line and wasn’t. 

Moore wasn’t lazy physically he just wasn’t totally switched on mentally to the situation he found himself in. That’s ‘lazy of thought’ in my view but if you want to call that ‘misjudgement’ so be it. 

Young players, yes. They need to learn though and quick. Expensive mistakes at any level, particularly the Championship.  We’ve lost a point and player there. 

19 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Jesus...

His team has just beaten the league leaders away from home ... our fans would be creaming over our gaffer if he’d done that ... you can’t argue against Warnock’s achievements - no-one can better them  - do you want streetwise, gritty and successful or pretty and treading water? In our entire history we’ve only employed one manager who had managed at the top level before he joined us ... just one, and he lasted just a couple of games ... “Jesus” - such a lazy reply which probably reflects the ambitions of a large percentage of our fan base - scared of success, happy to ‘nearly get there’ ... have a good evening ?

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

His team has just beaten the league leaders away from home ... our fans would be creaming over our gaffer if he’d done that ... you can’t argue against Warnock’s achievements - no-one can better them  - do you want streetwise, gritty and successful or pretty and treading water? In our entire history we’ve only employed one manager who had managed at the top level before he joined us ... just one, and he lasted just a couple of games ... “Jesus” - such a lazy reply which probably reflects the ambitions of a large percentage of our fan base - scared of success, happy to ‘nearly get there’ ... have a good evening ?

The bloke is a Winner, would love him as my boss. Old school and no nonsense

Just now, 2015 said:

It's political and no one has convinced me it's an organisation, because it is. They intend to change government structures and push far left ideolegies.

Black lives do matter, just sadly you will always get a few idiots about who are bigots. You also get black bigots, muslim bigots, latin bigots, asian bigots.

We are lucky we live in a society that accepts all and we have come a long way since the days of National Front movements. 

I don't even need to show the stats but more White people were killed by cops in 2019 than Black people in USA. 18 White. 9 Black. Police have an issue with brutality in general and some cops may be racist.

Again you are being a bit naive in not realising that anyone can set up a website. The website itself states that it is "not affiliated with the @UKBLM Twitter account or Black Matters USA. None of these things are affiliated because there is no organisation, just some people who have set up some websites.

You could set up a Black Lives Matter website tomorrow if you wanted to, or I could. You or I could put whatever you wanted on there but we'd not suddenly turn Black Lives Matter into an organisation by doing so. You seem to confuse "someone having set up a website" with "an organised organsiation actually existing".  The people behind that website did not come up with the slogan, are not coordinating the protests and are not the reason people turn up to them. They are literally some people who have set up a website and nothing more. 

If you are going to show stats, you may want to check them. There were actualy 1004 people shot by the US police in 2019. 370 white, 235 black, 158 hispanic, 39 other and 202 of an unrecorded ethnicity.

However non-hispanic white people make up 60.7% of the US population, and black people make up 12% of the US population. There are 5 times more white people than black people in the US but only 1.5 times more white people than black people shot by police. The stats therefore suggest black people are shot at a disproportionate rate. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cotts was someone that character-wise at least was from the Warnock School of Management. 

He wasn’t very successful though was he ?

Anyhow, Holden’s doing good ...the key now is how he will deal with Saturday. Onwards and upwards. 

13 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Mate, I've said it before but opposing racial discrimination is not left wing, it is not political and is not politically correct.

It is just correct. 

Archived