IGNORED

City v Middlesbrough Matchday Thread

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That's neither here or there. That's like saying "more white people kill white people". A total irrelevance. The fact you post it shows you are utterly clueless as to what the issue is.

The issue is people being killed by the police when the police are under no threat. Police, in case I need to remind you, are meant to be protecting people. If you are a black American you are at many times the risk of being killed by a cop in America than if you are white (although the stats of white Americans killed by cops are outrageous as well!) It can basically be proved that no matter how you behave, your life is in more danger from encounters with the law over there if you are darker skinned. The darker your skin, the greater the risk of being seriously injured or killed.

People want that to change. That's a reasonable enough request.

But that doesn't mean every footballer must take a knee before every football match does it? No one is saying that some cops aren't out of control and some are racist either.

There are many reasons why they are more likely to be shot. They are more likely to be involved in gangs and in criminal activity and largely it is down to culture and poor upbringing, i'm sorry that is the truth.

There is equality, very much so in the Western world, if you compare us to any time in History or most other civilisations in the World right now we are among the fairest places to live. Search Venezuela, search Syria, search Nigeria, search Brazil, search Honduras, search El Salvador, some seriously horrific places where no lives matter and where there is no justice.

All Black lives matter is is about division and antagonising racial hatred, in my opinion and I couldn't care if someone on OTIB would call me clueless, I just think you're blinkered by the mainstream media.

I thought this was the matchday thread. 

Why has it turned into a discussion about the US Police v the Black community?

?

15 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Bentley is a good gk but even in my sundaypub team with older men playing we dont act like what happened tonight.

Perhaps because unlike those relatively old codgers Bentley is a young whipper snapper and as such ones brain at times does silly things? 

?

28 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I thought this was the matchday thread. 

Why has it turned into a discussion about the US Police v the Black community?

?

Perhaps because unlike those relatively old codgers Bentley is a young whipper snapper and as such ones brain at times does silly things? 

?

Yes, maybe is it so. But find it rare that two players act like they dont know what to do.  Dont get me wrong, think Bentley is a very very good gk. Moore is getting better and better, like him.

10 hours ago, 2015 said:

But that doesn't mean every footballer must take a knee before every football match does it?

No, and personally I think it's been done and the point been made. Needless repetition just makes the symbol more of a tokenistic gesture.

So, I agree with you on that, although your last sentence just falls for far-right social media bollocks. 

On 20/10/2020 at 21:47, handballbygordonparr said:

Did they come for a draw? - maybe in first 20 but after that it was obvious we were there for the taking. We would have been delighted with a draw from that performance. Certainly don't think they nicked it - we can't win without a shot on target

Bentley never had a save to make. 
Did they really create a chance?

That was the most obvious 0-0 going until Moore had a mare!

They came for 0-0. No strikers. Few goals scored this season. Colin was coming for a draw thats for certain!

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

People who claim we should have got a penalty maybe can explain to me why Saville did not get a free kick when Kalas tackled him by the touchline? I think the ref did very well with simulation (in other situations as well) 

Completely agree. That shoulder barge was great banter but 100% a foul.

Archived