Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

City v Middlesbrough Matchday Thread

1 minute ago, Matthew me said:

Some tired legs on the pitch .

Feels flat from both sides. Real lack of quality in the first half.

Some nice runs from Vyner, I'll stick back us to pinch a 1-0 win

We have no creativity in the middle of the park, playing 3 in the middle we should have someone who can produce a pass , open up the opposition. We don’t even have it on the bench 

Well that was poor. Boro look half decent. Bakinson has at least shown he’s human and Wells is proving my theory that he should score zero for every attribute in FM, except for finishing in which he gets 20. 

Just now, Super said:

They created all the chances. Lucky to be level.

I think you're confused about what I mean.

I'm not saying who played better. But style of football. Hoof ball, time wasting. If every manager played football like this then I'd give up on football.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I'm not saying who played better. But style of football. Hoof ball, time wasting. If every manager played football like this then I'd give up on football.

They've passed the ball better than we have. Easily. I agree with the time wasting.

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

We need to get on the front foot somehow second half.  Need to shake things up as that was Piss poor 

Need someone creative to get things ticking in the middle. If Brunt's up to it, get him in. But makes decisions to farm Morrell and Palmer out look a bit shaky.

1st half summary:

Not much goalmouth action.  We are passing the ball better around the back 3 than Saturday.  Boro MF3 plus Roberts working incredibly hard to stop passing lanes, therefore Vyner been our best opportunity to get forward.  Rowe almost in a couple of times too.

Morsy doing a m2m job on Pato.

Don't think Boro's MF will keep up this workrate.  Not a game to chase.  Keep patient, keep Akpom away from danger area - 1-0 does this.

Boro certainly not long ball as I mentioned in my preview.

• Like 1
Just now, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Whilst he’s not set the world alight tonight as of yet, I do like the how Bakinson strikes the ball into his teammates with pace. 

Unfortunately, not one of them are able to control it

Need to be a bit cuter in midfield for me. All to easy at the moment for them to snuff out our attacks. Andi and Pato need to step up here, start getting involved and link thinks up to give Boro something to think about. Backnson needs to concentrate on passing and positioning. 

Could go either way as Boro are a tidy outfit. 

Would have started Semenyo. Give it 15 mins and if Wells is the same then that change needs to be made.

And O'Dowda on for Pato if he doesn't improve.

It's not halloween yet, why is Owers dressed like a Victorian news boy?

• Haha 1

Would have started Semenyo. Give it 15 mins and if Wells is the same then that change needs to be made.

And O'Dowda on for Pato if he doesn't improve.

Provided that we're more than 1 goal up?

Of course we’ve been very poor so far but amazing negativity on here tonight from a set of supporters whose team are UNEXPECTEDLY top of the league. It’s like a few of you get off on finding the most damning description of the team you “support” as possible.

One bad 45 and it’s back to the LJ days already😂.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

far from it Jon.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Not much goalmouth action.  We are passing the ball better around the back 3 than Saturday.  Boro MF3 plus Roberts working incredibly hard to stop passing lanes, therefore Vyner been our best opportunity to get forward.  Rowe almost in a couple of times too.

Morsy doing a m2m job on Pato.

Don't think Boro's MF will keep up this workrate.  Not a game to chase.  Keep patient, keep Akpom away from danger area - 1-0 does this.

Boro certainly not long ball as I mentioned in my preview.

Fair assessment. Think we’ve just been a bit sloppy in the final third with passing, coupled with lack of options.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Of course we’ve been very poor so far but amazing negativity on here tonight from a set of supporters whose team are UNEXPECTEDLY top of the league. It’s like a few of you get off on finding the most damning description of the team you “support” as possible.

One bad 45 and it’s back to the LJ days already😂.

Just saying we have been shit. Calm down 

• Like 1