IGNORED

Queue hate mail

redsapper

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Akira said:

Regardless of age, he's a pro footballer, should NOT be fannying around on the ball, when last man. Totally needless. 

For a split second he wasn't set to receive the ball, and was never in control. 

I thought we'd got rid of a player switching off when Bryan left

30 minutes ago, Akira said:

Regardless of age, he's a pro footballer, should NOT be fannying around on the ball, when last man. Totally needless. 

He's hardly the first player to get caught like that, I'm sure he will learn and it won't happen again. It's always a risk that will happen playing out from the back.

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He's hardly the first player to get caught like that, I'm sure he will learn and it won't happen again. It's always a risk that will happen playing out from the back.

Needs to cut out individual errors mind ,would love him to be a big success , but  I do worry there’s always one in him 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I find it baffling that suddenly every team tries to play it short from the keeper. 

I miss the Frank Fielding shank straight out of play 

It was an awful mistake & anyone who is trying to blame Bentley in any way is deluded.

He does seem virtually untouchable on here, he is clearly a good lad but he really needs to cut these type of mistakes out of his game.

Having said that, with Mawson probably out for a while he will get every chance to do so.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It was an awful mistake & anyone who is trying to blame Bentley in any way is deluded.

He does seem virtually untouchable on here, he is clearly a good lad but he really needs to cut these type of mistakes out of his game.

Having said that, with Mawson probably out for a while he will get every chance to do so.

Absolutely nothing to blame Bentley for, I agree. Moore stood around like he had all night with it.

Yep, Moore’s fault. Got to learn and not make those.

For Vyner’s mistake Saturday I thought he was really solid defensively tonight.  Hopefully he realised Saturday that 100% concentration is required for 90+ minutes at this level.  Great challenge on Akpom and other good work too.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Only thing I'd question is why Bentley has passed him the ball when Moore isn't looking at him. Bentley has re-placed the ball for a few seconds, TM has looked upfield perhaps thinking that Bentley is going to go long instead (why else take a few seconds to place the ball a certain way, doesn't impact when playing out) and then caught by surprise as the ball is coming to him so not checking to see whose around him. But yeah its 99% Taylor Moore 1% Bentley for me as Taylor had time to pass back to Bentley or play further upfield if not sure what to do with it.

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yes, Taylor could have distributed out left or simply got rid.... But lets be honest.... Bents has to give the shout before making the pass... 

IMG-20201021-WA0000.jpeg

He still had time on the ball once received.  He made the wrong decision to try and beat Saville.

Pretty sure Taylor tonight he was going to kick upfield by taking time to place the ball a certain way, but still after receiving it could have just dropped it back onto Bentley to kick upfield or out to Kalas to play a ball down line

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

95% Bents at fault.

Moore isn’t expecting the pass, and isn’t even looking toward Bents when the pass is made,  he has an opponent close to him, who is looking at Bents and reacts immediately.

Poor decision to make the pass, Moore tries to retain possession, fails.....goal.

Taylor has time and three other options than dribble so still takes a large chunk of blame but Bentley isn’t innocent as some were trying to make out last night

No need for Bentley to play that when he can see everything in front of him BUT in the end Moore could have popped it straight back and Bentley smash it up the pitch. As awful as we were over 90 minutes we robbed ourselves of another point last night.

Most mistakes are honest mistakes by players and you get the odd one which is just plain stupid and unexplainable. Last night comes in the latter category and if those two took a bit of stick in the dressing room from one or two afterwards you would be hard pressed to stick up for them.

Archived