IGNORED

Queue hate mail

redsapper

1 hour ago, FramptonRed said:

Exactly, you cant blame Bentley for that.

Some are trying though, so that Moore remains untouchable.

Imagine if Vyner had done that, I guarantee no one would be mentioning Bentley.

He is meant to be our best footballing defender, that was park level.

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

95% Bents at fault.

Moore isn’t expecting the pass, and isn’t even looking toward Bents when the pass is made,  he has an opponent close to him, who is looking at Bents and reacts immediately.

Poor decision to make the pass, Moore tries to retain possession, fails.....goal.

Wonder why TM went in and apologised to the team if it was so clearly the keepers fault.

Singled out by the manager as making a mistake and needing to learn from it.

I think your 95% is attributed to the wrong individual.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I'm not so sure it's trying to absolve Moore, more the weird dislike that a few have of Bentley.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yes, Taylor could have distributed out left or simply got rid.... But lets be honest.... Bents has to give the shout before making the pass... 

IMG-20201021-WA0000.jpeg

More to the point, Bentley can see Moore being closed down so why not put his foot through it? Mind you, there’s nothing stopping Moore from having a quick look over his shoulder to see Saville. Both culpable, I think both will learn from it. 

Moore wasn’t even aware the ball was coming until it was too late!

Their attacker was watching Bentley who should never have put Moore under that pressure on the edge of the box. 

Once Moore had the ball he should have cleared it anywhere he could but was probably so full of surprise and thinking ‘why has Bents passed it to me with an opponent on my shoulder’, as he was processing those thoughts the striker robbed him - game over. 

Bentley 75% to blame for doing something he could see was going to cause a problem. 

learn and move on. 

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yes, Taylor could have distributed out left or simply got rid.... But lets be honest.... Bents has to give the shout before making the pass... 

IMG-20201021-WA0000.jpeg

I think Moore has asked for it initially and that glance from him is to see where Saville is. I think TM should be wider too if he wants to receive that ball.

29 minutes ago, Super said:

Clearly the blame is with Moore. He had time to react can't see Bentley was at fault at all tbh.

Agree that Moore is ultimately to blame but I would be asking my keeper why he played a ball into a player who:

a) wasn't even looking to receive the ball

b) was in a position where you could see, as the Goalkeeper, he would get pressed quickly

If it stops Taylor Moore or somebody else making that mistake again then it's an issue worth discussing for a couple of minutes before/after training.

58 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The positive for me last night was Vyner, certainly defensively if not his distribution. Lost concentration on Saturday as young players are prone to do now and again and got punished but defensively he was razor sharp last night. Moore needs to take a leaf out of Vyner's book because with Mawson injured and Holden liking his system he will be playing on Saturday.

19 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The positive for me last night was Vyner, certainly defensively if not his distribution. Lost concentration on Saturday as young players are prone to do now and again and got punished but defensively he was razor sharp last night. Moore needs to take a leaf out of Vyner's book because with Mawson injured and Holden liking his system he will be playing on Saturday.

Thought that too, in a poor performance he was our best player.

He is going to get a lot of games the way it is panning out & certainly was able to put Saturday’s error behind him.

Whatever Bentley's role in it you can see that Moore still had enough time to knock it long or go back to Bentley who positioned himself for a return ball (Vyner points him to do that too)...........so you can only assume from watching that the communication was there. Just because you make one mistake (if you call Bentley's pass that) you don't need to make it two mistakes where the second mistake is fatal.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

IMG-20201021-WA0000.jpeg

Are you sure Bentley didn't shout? 

I saw it as follows:

Bentley shouts to Moore just as he's about to play the ball.

Moore seems to be staring into space, but hears his name and turns quickly to receive the ball. 

Moore, clearly still not focussed, faces forward with the ball and plays a strange touch in front of himself as though he was rounding a player but just passes it directly to opponent.

I think we can blame Bentley a tiny bit for passing to a defender that clearly wasn't concentrating, but otherwise it's just poor play from Moore.

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The rule changed at the start of last season to allow teams to encourage teams to play out from the back. 

I’ve seen a team have a cb take goal kicks and literally tap it so the keeper can bring it out at his feet 

Against a high pressing team it's a little stupid of Bentley in a tight game to take that risk.
Yes there was what seems an age , but take into account he's not expecting it, he's not sure who's around, he looks up and Saville is closing in. Yes he still had time to lump it but they are encouraged to play out. Plus there are 2 Boro players closing the wide pass. Seen it loads of time players get caught because of not deciding quickly enough.  I'd say poor choice and mistake from TM, unfortunate that 2 mistakes in two games have cost 3 points. 

4 hours ago, Countryfile said:

95% Bents at fault.

Moore isn’t expecting the pass, and isn’t even looking toward Bents when the pass is made,  he has an opponent close to him, who is looking at Bents and reacts immediately.

Poor decision to make the pass, Moore tries to retain possession, fails.....goal.

But why was TM not expecting the pass? We play out from the back and TM is one of the main channels, so when the keeper has the ball at his feet he should be concentrating and knowing there is a high chance he receives the ball. He seems to have been distracted. It’s not as if Saville was close enough to be a real threat if TM had reacted reasonably quickly.

It was a schoolboy error. Trying to jink past an approaching attacker is an absolute no no. Heck.....we were taught that at school 50+ years ago......same as ‘don’t pass across your own box’.............:disapointed2se:

He’ll learn from that particularly as it cost the game..

• Admin
10 hours ago, Tomo said:

Bents seems to have got off lightly. TM was not even aware the ball was coming to him... 

IMG-20201021-WA0000.jpeg

13 hours ago, phantom said:

For a split second he wasn't set to receive the ball, and was never in control. 

I thought we'd got rid of a player switching off when Bryan left

But why is he not looking at the ball in such a scenario?

Simply put, there were two mistakes here. Bentley shouldn’t have passed to a player who had his back to him, that was mistake number one. That mistake ultimately should have gone unpunished, as TM had plenty of time and options to get out of the situation that Bentley had put him in. Mistake two was obviously TM trying to dribble past an opponent when he’s the last man. 

Odd decision and one that will stick with him and cause him to probably be more cautious in possession for some time. 

Important thing is that both players learn from the mistake and move on. 

5 hours ago, Red DNA said:

Moore wasn’t even aware the ball was coming until it was too late!

Their attacker was watching Bentley who should never have put Moore under that pressure on the edge of the box. 

Once Moore had the ball he should have cleared it anywhere he could but was probably so full of surprise and thinking ‘why has Bents passed it to me with an opponent on my shoulder’, as he was processing those thoughts the striker robbed him - game over. 

Bentley 75% to blame for doing something he could see was going to cause a problem. 

learn and move on. 

Complete nonsense

3 hours ago, phantom said:

But why is he not looking at the ball in such a scenario?

Taking a guess but Bentley has placed the ball as if going long, swivelling the ball in his hands to make sure he places the part of the ball he wants to make contact with, think Taylor has then looked upfield for where players are getting ready to move the defensive line up. Bentley has gone from placing the ball to passing in a couple of seconds, but still Taylor should have been constantly turning his head.

Archived